RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Action packed night!

Qualified P2 after a stonker of a lap by Keith.

Race 1: Started okay, Gary dived down the inside of me into T2 and span me off, clonking the barrier quite hard. He waited for me and I had a good couple of laps taking advantage of other mishaps but my suspension damage took it's toll and I pitted early losing quite a bit of time. I rejoined well down but stuck at it, was up into 9th when the incident with Rhys happened - I really have no idea why we both flew off the track, I wasn't even trying to pass and didn't brake particularly late. I could only wait for Rhys to rejoin and apologise later for what was a strange incident from my POV.

I span off twice and finished in 9th. As for the hit on you Warren, I'm guessing you meant when I passed you into T1? I had been tight alongside you for half the corner and all the braking zone before we touched, and was only side by side action, nothing major, I didn't see you actually go off track. I would have definitely let you back through if it was unfair but it definitely wasn't.

Race 2: I got an okay start off the line. Ther was so much action in this that it's hard to recall. I remember knocking Laurance sideways at the last corner about halfway through. Sorry Laurance! Nothing malicious intended. We were in a four way battle and I thought I spied an opportunity as you diced with Tim but I misjudged and there wasn't quite enough room.

I was clear in 2nd when I lost concentration and slid off track. Now I was in a dilemma here - three cars were bearing down and I figured I'd be best off on the inside of the track rather than the outside. I thought I left those guys plenty of time to react to me pulling out of the way, but Tim didn't think I had and blamed me for him losing 3rd. Looking at the replay, I still feel I left plenty of room but there you go. Massive props to Tim for even racing that car with no front splitter. I crossed the line on momentum only as I ran out of fuel coming otu of the last corner!

Thanks guys - was a fun track and 20 drivers made it very interesting. The track lended itself well to close lap times too.

Thanks to Eric, Will and RD. :) Grats to Keith and Yves.

• Andrew Evans

cheers geezers for a high quality, no hass evening of ra ra ra!

detroit... all i did was a coupla sighting laps when i was picking ze tracks (twas the only track i didn't know well).... was starting to get a feel for it... alas, the walls were to claim me in the end...

out-psyching bob l into t1:

detroit1.png

out-psyching each other next lap, end of race for both:

detroit2.png

picked the aston for singapore cause it was such a gnarly machine compared to the others... and singapore has the best run off... :D

alas, my strategy of real-men-either-accelerate-or-don't-bother ended my race with a dead engine in the first lap... (while following bob l again)

singapore1.png

singapore2.png

singapore3.png

houston was looking nay bad in the underpowered dark horse fbmw... lost my wing in lap 1, t2, against another fbmw in a spin...

houston3.png

then proceeded to use cunning strategies such as; hiding in the grandstands:

houston1.png

head first into the tyre wall:

houston4.png

and a totally crap myself moment whilst trying to make the thing point the right way, as leaders fergusson and birney come flying past in a schumi/hakkinen @ spa styling:

houston2.png

monaco was the only race i finished... god how i love the non-pussy 88 version with no forgiveness whatsoever.... managed to sneak past a limping, steak baking, moc-moc-a-mocing, tennant for a nifty fourth (natch my car is the sexy modded looking one):

monaco1.png

cheers to all who came out to play, had a good time and saw it thru to the end... much lub :love:

as i said in the server, hindsight pointed out i shoulda picked a slightly less powerful rad... but twas a lottery and either you won (radical) or you burned in hell (aston)...

till nexto!

Lol @ the pictures :p I was behind you when the two of you just hit the tyre barrier at Detroit, I came up to the corner, and you were gone... Actually camoflouged inside the tyre barrier :p
In the 9th pic, myself and Lewis just split up, and I was inches from you on the right, Andrew. Infact, I think I got a slight nudge. nothing serious, but had my hair stand up :)

The Radicals just ran away in all the races, perhaps a lesser powered version next time, or a higher powered Cat/Aston. I have an idea, how about all races random, you have no choice in ANYTHING. Amn't I cruel:pumpkin:

It was a great event, really interesting. Different winner each time, I believe, which is a good thing. Can't wait for the next!

Guys, I see three Oceania members signed up for this, and a few doubtful maybe's from elsewhere. TBH, I'm not feeling too well at the moment and would prefer to miss this, so what is happening?? Is it worthwile still running this one with so little interest from Oceania members???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%