RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hum... Interesting question, Dave... :thinking:

Aritan, won't that mean that it will need to be installed on the server?

Snif, snif... So all my 3 hour work were in vain? :disapointed:
Ok, ok... :)

guys.... skins DO NOT work with these cars - at least definitely not in the conventional sense... they might work with a server install - but that's simply not even going to happen....

This race was just great fun.

After trying several different cars and not being able to drive any of them, I went back to my original car and found that I could do well with it.

Qualify:
Qualified near the back of the field with a 2:06.8(I think). It was close for the whole pack, so felt comfortable with my starting position and hopefully be able to make a jump on the front runners at the green.

Race 1:
Went very very well. Managed a good start off the line and avoided some of the mayhem in front of me in turn 2 with a spin out. found my self in 4th position, right in front of Oz and Gary. Had to fight hard to keep those two from passing, but on this track there isn't a lot of room for passing so, a mistake in the wrong place means losing a lot of spots. Gary and Oz had a commotion on the turn coming onto Jefferson Ave and I was able to get a comfortable lead from 5th. 3rd place was just a corner ahead of me at this point. Around Lap 5, my tires started to go, and they went fast! Corey had managed to gain some time on me and was now on my rear bumper trying to find a way past. We had some good drag races there Corey! Great driving and I enjoyed that battle while it lasted. It lasted until lap 10 when there was no more fuel for me to go any farther, pulled off into the safety barriers and sulked back to the garage to add more fuel for race 2.

Race 2:
Started second, Got a good jump off the line, except for Yves' bimmer was able to muscle his way past me and Neil (I think) and take the lead. Cristian came by too, so I was now in 3rd. Very Happy with a 3rd place spot, if I could hold this the whole race, knowing that it is hard to pass here, I could grab a podium spot. I look in my rear view mirror and who do I see? Corey once again running down my bumper. It's on AGAIN! This was some of the best and close racing I've had in 6 months. Really brought the life back to the game, with these hard slow tracks, I really had to keep it together to keep Corey from passing me. I went wide at the left hander onto Congress St. and Corey ducked inside and as I came around, I swear there was maybe an inch or two of clearance between the two cars. That was an awesome moment and some great racing and passing! Good Job Corey! Finished 4th and went away happy.

Thanks Yves, I had a blast here (And thanks Gary for letting me give you a little history lesson about the D). Awesome Event in my opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%