STCC 2015

WOW, this is awesome! I would not hesitate to install R07/STCC again, just to drive these cars!

//EDIT

wip6-jpg.93919

Wait, what?... Prince Carl Philip on pole? LOL!
;);)

would be cool if we could have WTCC 2014/15 for Race07 as well one day. but i'm happy what we get, STCC 2015 looks great. :thumbsup:

WTCC14 is available as a mod somewhere, though I'm unsure about the quality as I haven't tried it. Also, it might be/very likely is an illegal conversion, so I shall not link it ;)

The cars are starting to look ok now. Some sponsors and livery details are still missing. I have added a temporary interior to use untill I have made a new one. The physics are tricky, because I don't know how to set up a Solution F STCC car. There are some basic information available such as HP and wheel dimensions, but nothing about springs, dampers, toe, camber, caster, gears and downforce. I guess the STCC cars are quite alike the WTCC extreme cars, so I use them as a base. I guess I will release a beta version soon, so the pack can be raced during the STCC '15 season.

wip13.jpg
wip14.jpg

Posting my observations here, hopefully this is OK (cause there is the second thread in the mods section).

So first thing I noticed was that the tires seem to small and stick in the ground. I looked at the tire definition and changed EVERYTHING and nothing worked. In the end I found the problem is the non-unique filename! I guess Race07 finds the other definition file in a parent directory and therefore skips the file in the mod's folder.
Solution: Naming the tire definition "TTA_RWD.tyr" is unique and worked very well :) Radius of 0.360 looked good but maybe a slightly higher value would be better ;)

Then I watched some racing action from TV cam and found the cars do look like they have a much too big ride high. So I reduced it by altering the graphical offset to: "GraphicalOffset=(0.0, -0.025, 0.0)"
This looks pretty good but maybe -0.02 could be better to avoid clipping of the wheels through the body shell.

Last but not least some general wishes or observations:
  • rear diffuser looks a bit too thin and could be just a little thicker, though this could just be a optical thing because compared to real pictures there no much difference (guess the subshadow is a bit too bright)
  • texture quality is very low, especially the grills and mesh could be in a much higher resolution
  • higher poly count at least on some important parts like head-/rearlights and door handles
This should be enough for the moment. But I don't want to leave you alone with just critics and comments! Please find a rendered static shadowmap for the KIA at the following link. Add this to your template with "multiply" (maybe two layers for the shadowmap to increase its influence). As this layer has an alpha channel you could use it to add a general mask to your template ;)
http://abload.de/img/kia_shading_fullrende03zlj.png

Cheers,
Sven

PS: If the shadowmap works well for you, I could do the other cars and the rim too ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back