STC Weather panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is someone having the same problem ?

the panel of the STC frontpage with the weather forcast in it doesn't scrol anymore. So it stays showing the schedule.
Worst is i can't see the weather forcast anymore.
This happens on my laptop and my desktop. Both running IE 8.0. I installed Chrome on my desktop but that didn't help. Neither reinstalling java.

Can someone help me out ?
Is there a direct link to the forcast so i can see at least that one ?

Use Firefox Tom, safe surfing mate :curl-lip:

Looks like could be rain for first race of season.

i do like living on the edge :) :) .

But it did help, in firefoxit works. Somehow now Chrome now also works.
But IE 8.0 still no/go.

Yet the demo works and it did work before on IE 8.0 .
Could you guys check this ? Or give us an other way of checking the weather. I would be nice if we could have a direct like that we could use on our site.

The weather forecast system is explained on rules on website, we discussed and aproved it time ago, it's automatic and as in real life we can't decide the weather we want.

Please read the rules.

As for the site, is temporarly fixed, I will take another look tomorrow.

The weather forecast system is explained on rules on website, we discussed and aproved it time ago, it's automatic and as in real life we can't decide the weather we want.

Please read the rules.

As for the site, is temporarly fixed, I will take another look tomorrow.

Q: On what month is the weather based on? (it' not in rules or race-thread)

- Previously I'm accustomed to a "virtual" month concept for weather.
- On the weather page is says "September"

If it's based on the real date where the race is run, will it not be a problem later on?
i.e. Spa in December? I doubt we have studded tires tor our cars ;)

I had thought about that, perhaps is an idea to run with only summer months weather.

Perhaps could run from september backwards through the season ending in June. Just an idea. Obviously it depends where we are racing, southern hemisphere being in Winter when we are in Summer and vice versa.

The month is calculated with the month we are in real life.

About the weather, maximun you can get is game limits, I mean, extreme rain, certain degrees, but never -10 and snow, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The idea is to have different clima for the two year seasons, a "softer" Blue Cup, mostly dry and hot, and a harder Black Cup with more rain and cold, but always between the limits of the sim.

I dont know how it works exactly, but aslong as it doesn't rain, then nothing else can really happen. I was watching the weather on the server and the real weather last night, as for temperatures, was way out, ambient was 26 degress, no way it was that hot at Silverstone at 10pm last night.

Time will tell, but basically I think its gonna be a case of...will it rain? and how much? and thats it.

I think the server last night wasn't with the weather system . Like last time on Monaco Xose just put up the server before the race with the weather system. The Monaco practice server didn't had weather system also.

And guys believe me. You will love the weather system. Did many races already with it. So expect alot of talk on TS with your teammates, if you need to pit or need to stay out. Thats is gonna be real exciting. :)

Sounds great will be a challenge for sure, looks like teams will need a real pit wall with a race director and engineers on hand to call the changes, bit like F1, look forward to it :)

I dont know how it works exactly, but aslong as it doesn't rain, then nothing else can really happen. I was watching the weather on the server and the real weather last night, as for temperatures, was way out, ambient was 26 degress, no way it was that hot at Silverstone at 10pm last night.

Time will tell, but basically I think its gonna be a case of...will it rain? and how much? and thats it.

We don't take into consideration the time of the day, I mean, the forecast is constant in all the 24 hours because is forecast for race hours (wich are from 12 p.m to 3 p.m) so it's normal that there are 26º at night in the weather forecast as is not current temp but "today's temp at race time (3 p.m.)."

I can set it to real race time, 9 p.m. CET, but then the race should be night in the simulation also, and that would be weird.

Cya!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline