STC SKINNING PACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about the Saleen Mustang. I wonder how to edit the banner on the windscreen? I have edited the "MUSTANGSE_RGLASS.dds" where you can find into the "Saleen Mustang STC\DATA" folder. After i saved it into my "Saleen Mustang STC\Project D" folder where you can find 09042HR_MUSTANGSE_BODY1.dds, 09042HR_MUSTANGSESTC.car and the new 09042HR_MUSTANGSE_RGLASS.dds files. Maybe i have to add something into the ".car" file in order to use my glass.dds?

I am attaching an example folder for Project D with the window banner working. Find the example folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/?momjwmm5jqm

As you will see I have renamed the file extracted from the data folder adding the project D number "10006PD_" before the file name, when placing it into the new Project D Team folder. Take a look aswell to the names the files have, it is really important.

This example would work for any car.

I hope it helped.

I have another question about the "Windows template". If i do a white banner, i obtain in the game a very sad colour (grey). I saved my file in DXT5 with interpolated alpha (standart format for standart Race 07 skin.....). There is a way for clear up this banner?

For example with a blue banner:

The top blue part (chassis) is normally the same as the bottom blue part (window banner). But the windows banner is very dark. I have tried to not use the alpha channel, also tried to save in DXT1 with no alpha, but the problem still resist.....

For the moment our car had a black banner (this color is good), but we have to choose another one for the 2nd car.

If you paint the banner white, and you get a grey it will be possibly because the alpha channel have some transparency I guess. Make it opaque on the alpha channel if it is the motive.

Guys don´t hesitate to contact me on MSN if needed.

As I said in my previous post, your banner alpha channel is grey so you will never get an opaque white there. I am attaching a new fixed windows, it should work.

Compare yours and mine, the diference is on the alpha channel. On Alpha channel White is opaque and black is full transparency.

Attachments

• MUSTANGSE_WDET.rar
    71.8 KB · Views: 161
Off course i have tried previously to change the alpha channel in white, black....etc. But it change nothing. This is a screenshot with your edited template:

I think the problem is somewhere else, but i don't know where. A parameter darker the banner but i can't say wich one. So i think i'm going to stay with the white/grey banner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%