STC server weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a practice server running for Nordschleife but with dry weather and it was the same last week for Silverstone dry weather for the practice days then naw changeable for the race, would it not be better to run with the naw weather polling all week so that guys would get an experience of the weather changes they can expect.

the easy way to set this up so that the weather changes with each race with naw is to have it set to polling and add one more line to the server ini file like so

[TRACKS]
Nordschleife
Nordschleife

This would also make it easier for race night so at the official sesion start you would just push it to next track and a new random weather file gets generated and nobody has to leave the server and wait around in the lobby for it to come back again.

This would also make it easier for race night so at the official sesion start you would just push it to next track and a new random weather file gets generated and nobody has to leave the server and wait around in the lobby for it to come back again.

But then you won't have forecast, the weather will be totally random, this way you have the weather forecast two days before.

And still we have to change the server before race because we don't use the same sessions for practice days and race days.

What I can do if you preffer is relaunch the server with changeable weather every day so we have changeable weather also in the practice sessions, and corresponding to website forecast for that day.

Cya!.

Ok, will do it then for next race, just be aware that in race day the weather during practice sessions will be same as day before until I reset the server for the race, for obvious reasons.

But then you won't have forecast, the weather will be totally random, this way you have the weather forecast two days before.

Cya!.
ok i must have missed something along the way as i thought we were using random changeable weather generated by naw, but what you are saying is that you are generating a file 2 days in advance so that you already know how the weather will be.

ok i must have missed something along the way as i thought we were using random changeable weather generated by naw, but what you are saying is that you are generating a file 2 days in advance so that you already know how the weather will be.

No, I mean we are using the"Real Evolution" function of NAW, where the software knows which weather will he generate with two days in advance, that's why you can actually go to the website and look at the forecast.

I can't see it, nobody can, but the NAW itself, I explained it several times.

Are all the races going to rain then?

Don't know, it can be, or can be not.

As I said, I explained this several times before, and thought it was clear, you just can't download NAW, look for 3 mins and forget about people that has been testing it for long said.

In NAW, calculate does not do the same as Polling and is not the same as "Real Evolution", that is the only option you can use if you want the weather absolutly secret but forecasted.

Cya!.

No, I mean we are using the"Real Evolution" function of NAW, where the software knows which weather will he generate with two days in advance, that's why you can actually go to the website and look at the forecast.

I can't see it, nobody can, but the NAW itself, I explained it several times.

ok thnx not so bad then, i must have missed that post but i did search through the rules and the weather section there is a bit vague

Are all the races going to rain then?
in the past i tested the old naw for several hours but always for summer races and even then you would have around a 33% chance of a wet race, which i (and others) thought at the time as being very unrealistic.
I now see that the old and new versions use the same climate database so the % of wet races should be the same and when i tested with the new version for the month of september then the chance of a wet race increased to 50% so although it ain't ideal and all that accurate (in more ways than one) it is still the best weather system out there at the moment.

I have not tried it yet but i think it looks like it is possible to edit the climate database to add specific tracks and the weather they should have.

I now see that the old and new versions use the same climate database so the % of wet races should be the same and when i tested with the new version for the month of september then the chance of a wet race increased to 50% so although it ain't ideal and all that accurate (in more ways than one) it is still the best weather system out there at the moment.

But that also depends on clima, I mean, there is maybe a 50% rain chance on UK or hockenheim clima but not on Mediterranean, the climate models are different so the results are.

Xose if you add a dummy track in the cycle and people vote it round the random weather settings change too.

So you dont need to reboot it every day :D

Indeed i did many races with this system. And at the Nords there was some rain offcourse and also at Spa. But i also raced at Road America and there it was very hot. 45 degrees and dry. :)

• Roland Ehnström

Yes the weather was completely static during the race once again (same thing at Silverstone and in the test race at Monaco). The reason for this is surely that the dedicated server is still set with "timescaled weather" on. A bug in Evo makes the weather completely static during the race (but other sessions work correctly) with this setting! I was sure the organizers knew about this bug already, but it seems not.

So, these following lines should all be set to "0" in the PLR file of the dedicated server. And very important: When running a dedicated server it is the PLR file in \My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07 Install 2\UserData\Player1 which is in use!

Code:
CURNT TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
PRACT TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
QUICK TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
FRACE TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
CHAMP TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
MULTI TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
RPLAY TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
TIMET TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
DDUEL TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
DSCHL TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
ARCAD TimeScaledWeather="0" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length

(Probably it's only the line MULTI TimeScaledWeather="0" that is needed, but edit all others too to make sure! Also edit the PLR file found in the other Race07 installation, again to make sure. Also note that when the race length is set to a number of LAPS rather than MINUTES, this static weather bug does not appear, which could explain why this bug is difficult to find and largely unknown.)

That's the reason for the failure... we had the timescaledwheather value correctly in the other PLR but not in the installation 2.

I was looking around internet but couldn't find any info about this in english :S

Thanks also neil and others for the interest and made us aware of the problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.8%