Static Cameras

Hi,
Correct me if I m wrong, but the static cameras set by BTB, point everywhere but the place you want to, or at least, that is happening to me , maybe I have to click or unclick somewhere to make a camera be a real static camera pointed to a desired direction, if you know were to click, please tell.
Anyway, for all those people who like not easy things, I propose this solution:

1-[FONT=&quot] 1- [/FONT]Set a static Camera, advise: if you set more than one, make a setting to recognize the different static cameras, in the step 3, I select the Radious, 20 “name 1”, 21 “name 2”, maybe this has no sense now, but in the 3 step you will understand it.
2-[FONT=&quot] 2- [/FONT]Export the circuit.
3-[FONT=&quot] 3- [/FONT]Cameras´ settings are stored in “name circuit”.cam, open it, search for static, and “voila”, it appears the first one, now go to orientation line, something like this appears
[FONT=&quot]Orientation=(-0,149408961198418, -1,62191570812647, 0), i dont know, what the hell means, but transform into this [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Orientation=(0,0,0), that is (x,y,z)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]X coordinates that moves, camera up and down[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Y coordinates that moves, camera left and right[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Z coordinates that rolls the camera[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4-[FONT=&quot] 4- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save the file and load it into rfactor, now watch the cameras, now they should be pointed to a wrong direction, but they are not rolled!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5-[FONT=&quot] 5- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]It s time to adjust, we have to put some orientation values, I think that here only values in radian units are allowed, so you must calculate how many degrees should be moved your camera and transform in to radians, easy 180 º are Pi number radians, 3.1416., which means, that if you need to move the camera 180 º, you tap this Orientation=(0,3.14,0), important: coordinates are separated by commas, numbers by points. Positive values, move anticlockwise, negatives clockwise.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6-[FONT=&quot] 6- [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Save file, reload, and check settings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7-[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]7- Repeat step 5, until success!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hope it helps[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT]

Either your doing something wrong or I'm doing something right, but thats the way it works for me

I'm having this same problem with btb as well. The camera just appears rolled and pointed in wrong direction and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. The interface is really easy to use and checking where the camera should be pointing is really easy in btb as well. I think the camera tool in btb is great but I think there is a bug.

I made a post about it earlier. Included in the post is a btb project file. Open the track in btb, check where the cameras are looking then and export it into rf. Then load it in rf, drive it a bit and watch the replay. The cameras point in different direction than they were set up in btb:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/bobs-track-builder/20171-cameras.html#post356988

hi, so what happend with our BTB version?, I have 8.0.3., but it happenend with the others, I can not do a try out this morning, but could be the number of static cameras we set?, I have 3, maybe 1 ok, more than 2 roleed!!, It has no sense, I know but...

Ghoults: Did you try thr new method?, it is really a long way, knowing the others havent our problem, but it works for me.

Regards

I downloaded the test track and it crashed. I changed a few things and it still crashed. So then i deleted all of the cams and placed my own cams and all was ok. I placed my cams by using the drive around the track mode and just pressed + for each cam. If you want me to upload the moded test track lettuce know. :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 131 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%