Startup issues

After seeing the awesome videos of this league, I figured I should give the FSR mod a go. I am having some problems with actually getting the game to start up, though.

As recommended by Dennis in the Mod download thread, I have created a fresh install of rFactor, but rather than download the entire installer over again I have just copied the relevant folders, .exes and .dlls to a new folder on my hard drive. I followed the instructions and installed the mod to this new destination. However, when I click on the rFactor.exe file in the FSR2010 folder, the initial loading picture flashes on the screen and then disappears; nothing happens after that.

Am I launching the game the wrong way, or does it have something to do with the way I have created a fresh install?

Why did you copy your Exe files over?
If you do a new install you already get a new exe.
If you want to keep your personal settings just copy the Userdata folder over to the new one thats it. :)

I know that I get a new exe, Ivo. I just copied them all over because my download speeds are horrible, and I wanted to avoid downloading the installer again. I copied my UserData folder into the new destination as well. Theoretically I should be fine, right?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%