Starting off in GTL

Hey all!

I picked up a copy of GTL yesterday, so my question is where should I start? i.e. What are the must have add on mods, tracks, etc? I've also seen there's a cheat unlock all though part of me is hesitant to use it. Do I need to use it to unlock all cars for multiplayer, for example?

Thanks for any help, and I look forward to racing with some of you soon.

Andrew

When I first started, I just jumped in the racing club here, and downloaded mods and tracks as they showed up.
Both cars and tracks depend on your preferences really, do you like 'em big, fast, light, slow, pretty...

You don't need the cheat, but you need to have money (in-game) to purchase cars, so it's highly recommended. Not sure how fast or easy money is earned through single player.

Hello Andrew James, and welcome to GTL
we have a little list of hints and tips found HERE
We all use the cheat so we can purchase the cars for multi-player with makes it allot easier #2 in the list
you can always have a second instalation of GTL the second running the cheat just for online use ;) #32 in the list
and keep the first for the true challenge of working through the game, i must admiot ive yet to do this.. im to busy making plans for our online event, #2 its also quite hard..:) but dont let this put you off;)

We all use XD for the tyes and fuel calculations #3 in the list
#10,#11,#12 also very helpful
Take your time and we hope to see you on track soon:)
Any question just post away we all love to help...:thumbsup:

It's likely you will need the cheat to get enough money to buy addon cars used for multiplayer. Many of the GTL Club events use modded cars.
It's a simple cheat though, and it won't prevent you from working your way through the Career if you wish. Progression through the career to get enough money may take a while.
Another alternative is to maintain two installs, one for off-line and career progression, the other for multiplayer using the cheat.

EDIT: Oops, Rupe posted while I was typing, not an unusual occurrence. :p

What i find nice is were all agreeing and working together for the good of the club and game..:notworthy::)
this is the community spirit that allot don't seem to understand or have experienced..

well done guys it nice to know youve got my back:) as ive got yourse :whistling:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%