Starting a new club and you are all responsible

Ok I'm starting a new iRacing anonymous club, we will be meeting on the days between Friday and Saturday as every other day of the week was taken up by racing. There is a $5 a head cover charge to get into the meetings so the rest of us can feed our addiction. This is a very imortant part of the healing process so amounts higher than $5 are appreciated and if you can't please see our bouncer I mean guidance counselor little bill. He's the one with with all the tatoos about 320lbs and the tear drop under the eye.

Seriously though, you guys should have told me to run and never look back when I first got on here asking about iRacing... I'm hooked and it's not funny... lol...

I have now run and tested a few cars, proceeded with the following problems:

Corvette - a little more stable with it now that I have been around for a bit.
Radical - Very cool car, seems pretty stable.
Riley - Love it!
Mustang - I haven't driven it yet, and most likey will not be running it
Star Mazda - Love it
Lotus - OMG, in love with it
F1 - Nothing is better than F1 on the planet.
Skip -I like the car but not the style it takes to drive it, so I'm most likely not running it.

Problem 1. Someone needs to make more hours in the day!
Problem 2. Someone needs to tell my wife that iRacing is more important than honeydoos. She doesn't believe me.
Problem 3. I want the Indy, and possibly the V8. However this will only compound problems 1 and 2 while leaning more towards #2 with serious health implications.
Problem 4. Need more hours in the day!
Problem 5. Did I say there needs to be more hours in the day?

I've been driving the Vette at Sebring and I'm able to keep a consistent 2:00 lap time. I wish I could say the same about it...haha I have a real one and the one in game doesn't feel ANYTHING like it...haha May be just me though, since I have never driven ours at 150mph before...However ours is stuck to the road like glue, but put water in there and your speeds will be cut by 3/4.

My name is William Nowell and I am a addict. I started with the small stuff at an early age, like many among us with the Atria 2600, it was all so innocent back then. But that quickly changed. I didn't get into the hard stuff until my early 20's. My poision of choice was Quake lll online back then, this is when the real problems started. Shortly started the late night gaming binges, beer cans sprawled around the desk, and I had more virtual friends then real. I started hanging with wrong crowds, you know the type, clans and leagues. It has been a downward spiral since. The wife has threaten to walk many times, the deal breaker was that she had to take the kids. This is an ugly addiction and you should run now, while you can, if you can. I would like to say that I have it under control after all those years, but my iracing purchase history says otherwise.

ps Joe you would be missing out if you didn't take the mustang on a week sabbatical. OMG, now I am a pusher!

My name is William Nowell and I am a addict. I started with the small stuff at an early age, like many among us with the Atria 2600, it was all so innocent back then. But that quickly changed. I didn't get into the hard stuff until my early 20's. My poision of choice was Quake lll online back then, this is when the real problems started. Shortly started the late night gaming binges, beer cans sprawled around the desk, and I had more virtual friends then real. I started hanging with wrong crowds, you know the type, clans and leagues. It has been a downward spiral since. The wife has threaten to walk many times, the deal breaker was that she had to take the kids. This is an ugly addiction and you should run now, while you can, if you can. I would like to say that I have it under control after all those years, but my iracing purchase history says otherwise.

ps Joe you would be missing out if you didn't take the mustang on a week sabbatical. OMG, now I am a pusher!

let it out brother, let it out... We've all been there and will go back in about 5 minutes... hahahaha tooooo funny...

I might give the Mustang a shot, perhaps...

You all have SAD(Sim Addiction Disease), including the person typing this post. Been in tough situation about choosing racing over family. End result both can co-exist together. Wait till everyone is asleep and wear my racing suit.

I dont think I am part of the club :)
I spend about 40$ every 3/4 months into new content (not counting subiscriptions)
What I have bought for now since october when I registered (with 10$ credits when a friend registered).
*Skip Barber
*Mustang
*Road Atlanta
*Spa
*Watkins Glen

And I spend a lot of time enojying what I have right now :)
Next track in 1 or 2 months will be Silverstone (That I know pretty well, thanks to the megane mod on rFactor), Zandvoort and maybe Sebring...
Still wondering if I buy the Jetta or not as I hate FW cars, but want to race the D class serie with the MX5...

iRacing has a unique business plan and that's instead of getting little dollars from many, they are going after big dollars from some. They got some from me and will get more. Their sim is very creative at solving the dilemma of catering to the "hard core" (not pr0n!) and making money while doing it. I'm about to get another fix in a mere few moments!

d

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing