Starforce and Windows 8

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Just two things in case anyone is having problems.

- The demo is using StarForce file protection system, exactly the same as in R3E. If you are having problems due to SF, please turn off any dvd emulator or similar 3rd party software you have running.

- Windows 8 Users: You might get a warning;

Windows Protected your PC
Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.

Publisher: SimBin Studios AB
App: DTM_Experience_Demo_Setup.exe

- Please click more and then click Run Anyway.

I can confirm that there is no risk whatsoever. The warning is due to the demo being a downloaded software and not having enough reputation within the Windows 8 App system. Once enough demo's have been downloaded this warning will disappear.

Last edited:
''An attempt to use a virtual PC has been detected. Please close all PC Emuluators and try again''

Please try running the exe as administrator.

Some examples of programs that might cause this error. Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, CDemu, UltraISO, Virtual CloneDrive, VirtualDrive Pro.

Certain WMWare setups are also known to trigger this error.

Basically any program that installs a virtual drive can trigger this error.

Starforce? Seriously? YUK :(
I will never again knowingly install ANYTHING that uses Starforce. About 7 or 8 years ago, Ubisoft's Silent Hunter III used Starforce, and it destroyed my DVD drive. And I know it was Starforce: new drive, worked just fine pre-Starforce, never worked again afterward.
Starfarce is THE WORST DRM ever. Please drop it. (yeah, like that's gonna happen)

Seriously not a single player has reported an issue with starforce in R3E/DTM I believe and now its mentioned on the forum its all of a sudden a problem?

If they had renamed it to simforceware 2.0 nobody would have mentioned a word :)

I understand less and less about modern consumers really :D

If there is nothing to complain about Steam, its Starforce and if there is nothing bad to say about that there is always the brakemarkers as a backup.

So R3E does use Starforce as well? It bothers me A LOT that when I installed it there was absolutely NO indication that it was using Starforce. Had I been informed of that, I never would have installed it ... anyhow, since R3E still has no MP or SP Career, it is now uninstalled and has been for over half a year.
And if Starforce should be considered just a Punkbuster style app, then why does it care if one has a drive-emulator installed and running? That's none of Starforce's or SimBin's business if someone is using such things, and should have NO effect on whether a game can run or not.
Starforce sucks and I stand by my statement that I will never KNOWINGLY install anything using it ever again. Senad Subasic was right with his analogy .. Starforce previously destroyed my hardware (and many many many other peoples' too). Why would I give it another chance (on purpose) .. It's rather telling that R3E gave no indication that Starfoce was present. Starforce has a bad name for a reason.
EDIT: and if Starforce WERE renamed something else, that would clearly be to side-step the bad name that it has deservedly developed over the years.

once again ; starforce wasnt installed as such it is an extension to check for anti cheat and anti hack stuff , some hacks through ripping emulation etc etc ... but as it isnt installed as far as i understand (not into program files ) it is a simple dll that runs a check server side to your pc and then thats it

Andi

EDIT: and if Starforce WERE renamed something else, that would clearly be to side-step the bad name that it has deservedly developed over the years.
And you would still have the game installed and had no problems. Now you are making fuzz about nothing as its now three times clearly described what it does.

People should really stop feeding this eight year old myth that Starforce ruined many many many many peoples hardware as that was never proven, not even by experts in a court of law.

That was a typical viral before we even knew what the word meant.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back