Standing starts

Try to stay away from the Max Rev for starters (if you just floor down it'll cause your wheels to spin and spin without creating any grip). Try to maintain some high rpm and modulate clutch and throttle when the green light pops out. If you release the clutch too soon you'll find yourself struggling to get speed, if it's released too late you'll just lose time as the wheels won't move. It's a matter of sensitivity really: you'll improve your starts with tentatives... I'm awful at this btw!! LOL

try balancing the throttle at about 1000 rpm of max in the fwd , once the car starts watch the revs/ and listen , back of a little with the pedal and feed in once it stops spinning

do this a few times and you will work out where to start and where to back off ......

ps the beemers will still pass you

Andi

Me too, either spin if I put my foot down, or so slow anyway, if I take it gentle. Almost pointless going for a good grid position. I resign myself to being in the pack at best on the first corner.

My method has always been to floor the gas, then let go about 30-40% depending on the car. It'll still bang off the limiter but once the lights go out, I would modulate the throttle as necessary. Not the best starter but at least I can do it well enough consistently.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back