Standing starts with Logitech DFGT

Hi all

I'm using automatic clutch and manual gears with my DFGT in Race 07. When I'm lined up on the grid waiting for the race to start, I put my brakes on and select first gear waiting for the lights to go out, but I can't build any revs with the accelerator. They rise just slightly for a second or two, and then drop back to idle, no matter how hard I pin the accelerator. As a workaround, I'm selecting neutral, holding the brakes, raising the revs, then when the lights go out, dropping the brakes and selecting 1st gear. Is that how it is for real cars, or have I got a duff setting somewhere? It feels really clunky. Thanks

I select manual shift and automatic clutch in the menu. I have the clutch assigned to the L3 button. For the starts, before any lights come on I have my thumb on the clutch, my foot down on the accelerator and when the lights come up, the engine starts and I put the car in gear. I set the throttle position for what I hope is a good launch and wait for the lights to go out. Thumb off clutch as soon as race starts. The effect of slipping the clutch can be set in the controls menu but working the throttle seems to work better for me.

I use the same method as Dennis, it's the fastest/easiest way to start. It's so reliable that i can even adjust for cold tires, wet weather, downhill/uphill with the amount of revs (i look at the throttle percentage from second screen so i can know how much torque i'm aiming for if the rev limit comes before that target..search real time telemetry) and just be absolutely confident that it works.. And boy, does it work.. I think my average passes in start in this PrestoGP season is ~2... Just yesterday i passed 2 in Sao Paulo start (i lost those places 7 laps later..) with cold weather and cold tires that needed warmth to get the pressures right... Just 5% less throttle to total of 40% and bang on, little wheelspin and then throttle to the floor... Warm weather and supersoft tires, it was 47%

And i wasn't that good before, it was more luck.

or you could leave automatic clutch on, set the clutch to a button and do it that way because it will work to hold the car but as soon as you let go of the button the auto clutch will kick in and stop the car from stalling

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 236 13.4%