Standing start help

Hi guys,

I recently started to join the ranked races and I always lose 3-4 positions at the standing start with GT3 cars...

Standing in 1st gear I release the clutch when green lights... but the car stays in low rpm and speeds up very slow... I tried with different cars but I get the same behaviour and I always lost some positions.

Any advice on how to properly perform the standing start with GT3 cars?

Regards!

There are no false starts in multiplayer races, you can ignore the clutch and floor the throttle.
^^This. When the lights appear, stick it in gear. When they're all lit, set the throttle. When they go out you'll move. So the only thing you need to worry about is getting the throttle right to avoid bogging down or spinning out.

Understandable.:thumbsup:
I dont think you can se it explained in any How-to manual.
And personally I think this artificial start thing is something no socalled racing sim should have.
It really underline the gam-ish things left in Raceroom.:sneaky:

In as example iRacing one of the really exciting things was sitting in the car (under a standing start) and hear when the engines got throttled up just before people engaged the gear or released the clutch.
One word: Immersion.:)

• Deleted member 387850

Traction control in position 5

All good advice above, but don't ignore the first reply! The GT3 race at Monza was my first race in R3E for quite some time and when I did a few practice starts the TC was cutting in and causing the car to bog down. I don't remember that happening before, so I'm not sure if there's been a chance to this area. I did a few practice starts in the AMG and found with the default TC values setting it to 4 gave just the right amount of controlled slip to get you off the line without bogging down or lighting up the rears. With that in mind follow the advice above, select 1st and put the foot down before the lights go green.

As a final note, before a club race I always do a few practice starts in Single Event mode against the AI. It lets you get a feel for the best way to get off the line before you get into the Multiplayer session. I'll often run through the first few corners or opening lap just to see where the bottlenecks are and where not to try a move! The nice thing is you can restart the session and practice your starts over and over until you're feeling confident.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%