St. Pete 2016

Anybody else excited for Sunday? I think this year is gonna be one of the most competitive season in a while. A lot of very talented rookies and some old blood in there... and a few exciting F1 castouts lurking for a drive :p

I'm not convinced about Rossi. But let's see what he can do. I hope Honda will do better this season, I want it even more mixed up at the top.
Indycar is fantastic! But please keep an eye on the short ovals, I hope they will do something about the areo kits there.

Qualifying certainly showed Chevy dominance. Let's hope Honda improves during the season. The trap speeds I saw from St. Pete showed the Hondas were about 3 miles per hour slower in a straight line.

It was a pretty entertaining race, at least for a street course. Congrats to the winner.
Two pretty stupid "red mist" moves by Andretti and Munoz.
I was glad to see the Hondas do fairly well.

JUAN! PABLO! MONTOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH you have no idea how happy i was yesterday even though my DVR recording shut out and Josef Newgarden was a DNF.

Masterful stuff from him to get past Pagenaud at a crucial point and control the race thereafter. Conor Daly led 15 laps and looked every bit the driver he and his supporters have hyped him as.

Yo, can we also talk about Mikhail Aleshin finishing 5th in his return? Takuma Sato actually holding it together for P6? Alexander Rossi quietly being the top-finishing rookie in the field?

Then I covered Indy Lights (mostly) for PaddockScout this weekend. Felix Rosenqvist's move to North America is going to be a smashing success - Indycar may have found its next Super Swede in waiting, after Bräck and Johansson. Felix Serralles (Atlanta resident!!!) won a race too for Carlin, Kyle Kaiser was much improved from last year, and Zach Veach will be a title contender. I was only left disappointed with Stoneman (who at least fought back to finish 6th Sunday), Urrutia, Enerson, and Alberico.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%