SSD was the culprit!

Bez

All the gear, no idea...
After fighting with micro pauses from day one id tried every graphics tweak i could find and 3 full reinstalls, one of which included a full reformat, none of these fixed my problem. Well last night i decided to try one last thing and install a standard HDD into my system and try installing rf2 onto that drive instead of the SSD...and that seems to have been the problem all along. Not sure if its the age of the game engine or some other anomaly to do with the transfer rate on SSD but last night after trying all combinations of track and car i couldn't get the micro pauses to resurface, HALLELUJAH!

Space wasn't really an issue as the machine is only really used to play rfactor 2 on, but man 'o man were those micro pauses driving me close to the edge of sanity. If it wasnt for the unbeatable physics/ffb i would of probably moved onto another sim by now.

amwes.jpg

screenshot I grabbed last night, not only is it THE best feeling game imo but man is it a looker too, with the right track/car combo with everything maxed out in the PLR file and a few tweaks in the nvidia panel I sometimes get so distracted at how good it looks that it's probably detrimental to my driving.

Last edited:
not much to share really, I just went down to the graphics section of the PLR and turned everything on that could be turned on and turned everything up that could be turned up then forced 32xAA in nvidia panel and used the d3d dll file that forces on LOD bias for Nvidia cards. track was Mid ohio, which is a beautiful looking track and the cars were the WSGT2 megane Trophy Mod and I think time of day might of been 4pm, i find 3pm-5pm depending on the track to be the best for light/shadows.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back