SRS Power Wind Simulator - Support Thread

Erm... why? unless you drive an old open cockpit car why would this make it more real? no gt racer races with his windows open and all racing drivers wear a full helmet anyway, might be ok for a spin around the nords in your soft top I suppose, but seems a bit expensive for that imho.

Upvote 0
I think these are an excellent example of why sometimes, a sim racing cockpit for all intents and purposes does not necessarily have to try and mimic "real world" scenario to bring increased or more actual immersion.

Most users that buy into this type of tech seem to like it.
If it supported drafting of cars with stereo ability that would interest me more but don't think these do that yet? Coming up behind a car and having no draft effect if its solely based on rpm/speed is a bit err just plain wrong but heck, that's just me..

Be nice to hear from some owners of this and those that use it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Mr. Latte, you are absolutely right the wind simulator takes the immersion to a role new level, specially if you are wearing a VR Headset.

Draft is on the development todo list for the second half, we have some ideas to create an algorithm based on the telemetry of the cars in front of you and simulate the draft, but we still need to make sure that's feasible first.
Explain to me in easy terms how the frack wind blowing in yer face adds to closed cockpit racing? go on, i dare ya , or even open cockpit racing wearing a full face helmet, yer all living in laa laa land.

Upvote 0
Explain to me in easy terms how the frack wind blowing in yer face adds to closed cockpit racing? go on, i dare ya , or even open cockpit racing wearing a full face helmet, yer all living in laa laa land.

Well, in my opinion it's not all about recreating the racing environment. It's also about fun and immersion.

I'm a big fan of VR, for instance, others can't see the appeal.

I've read, and seen a few videos where, people talk about how having fans that increase their airflow in direct relation to the speed of the car can increase their immersion levels.

OK at the prices that Sim Racing Studio are asking (over £200 including postage to the UK) it was not appealing to me.

However for the price of a couple of PC fans and an Arduino Uno I'm willing to give it a go.

And if it happens to keep me cool on a hot day while I've got the VR hat on, I'm not going to complain.

There are many other aspects of sim racing that are introduced for the comfort and convenience of users that are not present in real racing.

It's important for me to be able to distinguish between realism and immersion.

Upvote 0
Some people see "simulators" and the immersion as recreating the real-life situation or sensations it would bring.

I think that is flawed, the simulation does not try to re-create the "personal being" sensations but those of the car. So isn't the point of a simulator to bring the feedback of what the "car" would be feeling/doing rather than the person in it?

I like the concept of this, aint no way I would pay £200 for it and that come with the tacky looking cheapo 3D printed finish (Yuk, you kidding me?). Sorry but the price for some options (RSS) is blowing in the wrong direction of £100 for me... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well yeah, I can go for comfort, but don't BS me with all that immersion / realism crap, because it's just not true is it? , now if you say it's for comfort, then hell yeah, i agree, but don't try and sell it to me as being 'more real' because quite frankly, thats rubbish.

Upvote 0
Well yeah, I can go for comfort, but don't BS me with all that immersion / realism crap, because it's just not true is it? , now if you say it's for comfort, then hell yeah, i agree, but don't try and sell it to me as being 'more real' because quite frankly, thats rubbish.

Let's get some perspective here. In your opinion this would not work for you, it would not add to your immersion. But it's not 'crap', it's not 'rubbish' and nobody's 'living in laa laa land'.

There is a real possibility it will add to immersion for me because when I'm sat at my sim rig I'm not wearing a helmet. There is no physical wind shield in front of me.

So when I start driving my virtual car at speed and my brain does not receive the sensation of speed, this contributes to a break in immersion. Having the sensation of increasing levels of resistance against the body may help reduce the brain's capacity to realise it's being tricked.

I'm only guessing because I haven't tried it for myself. But I'm open to it. I respect that you are not. That does not make you right and me wrong, it doesn't make me right and you wrong. That it is not something that interests you does not make it crap or rubbish. That it is something that interests me does not make it brilliant or amazing.

Maybe your contributions would be of more value on threads pertaining to things that do interest you.

Upvote 0
Erm... why? unless you drive an old open cockpit car why would this make it more real? no gt racer races with his windows open and all racing drivers wear a full helmet anyway, might be ok for a spin around the nords in your soft top I suppose, but seems a bit expensive for that imho.
Many GT's have big airtubes diverting outside wind directly on to the driver, to make sure they don't die of overheating, it gets more than 50 degrees in many closed racecars.

Upvote 0
Many GT's have big airtubes diverting outside wind directly on to the driver, to make sure they don't die of overheating, it gets more than 50 degrees in many closed racecars.

No way! Is THAT what that tube is for?
tube.jpg

I thought it was for TeamSpeak. Every time I want to talk to other drivers in the race I've been leaning forward and shouting down it.

Upvote 0
When I'm racing the Lotus 3-Eleven (open car) on Highlands Long in VR with my fan solution, I get a grin on my face when I feel the wind. It really adds to the immersion. Because of the VR headset it feels like 'm wearing a helmet. I'm not using it for closed cars. But this combination of car and track: totally awesome. I love it. Every time. But that's me. Don't hit me.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back