ACC SRO Warm Up Event @ Silverstone - Friday 8th May 2020 ** YouTube Live Stream **

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Race was fun, but I had to work my way from the back again cuz of confusion with the massive grid and unfamilarity with the ACC start procedures. It is hard to remember just which cars you should be behind or beside. You have the overlay telling you one thing and your brain telling you another, especially since there is a huge gap between me and the car in front of me.

Basically I started out of position and got a drive through because I didn't pay close enough attention to the overlay. I was out of position because #1 Fernando started from the pit lane, and #2 the guy who started in front of me on the grid, up and disappeared halfway through the formation lap. That left two empty car slots in front of me and I thought I should have been up farther than I was. Lesson learned. Follow the ACC overlay and you'll do fine.

From the back, I eventually worked my way back to the top half of the standings. I qualified pretty well, but I lack race pace with higher fuel levels. Need to work on that :/. Had some pretty good battles in between and ultimately the race was fun even though it did end unexpectedly.

Apologies to @Bruno Hudson for the contact near the end. I thought I had more room than I did :(

Sorry about that, it did happen on replay although it apparently simply did not register on my side. Not a hint of damage, no notification about contact and SA loss and I did not sense anything in the wheel when it happened.

That may be so, but you need to be more careful on lap 1. You didn’t give me any space at turn 1, causing one incident, then did a fairly marginal defensive manoeuvre later on the same lap, nearly causing another. I accept your apology though. Thanks.

I see it online, and there are already 17 people in it.

Try to refresh the Server List, and then search for "raced" and it should appear right away ;)
Race was fun, but I had to work my way from the back again cuz of confusion with the massive grid and unfamilarity with the ACC start procedures. It is hard to remember just which cars you should be behind or beside. You have the overlay telling you one thing and your brain telling you another, especially since there is a huge gap between me and the car in front of me.

Basically I started out of position and got a drive through because I didn't pay close enough attention to the overlay. I was out of position because #1 Fernando started from the pit lane, and #2 the guy who started in front of me on the grid, up and disappeared halfway through the formation lap. That left two empty car slots in front of me and I thought I should have been up farther than I was. Lesson learned. Follow the ACC overlay and you'll do fine.

From the back, I eventually worked my way back to the top half of the standings. I qualified pretty well, but I lack race pace with higher fuel levels. Need to work on that :/. Had some pretty good battles in between and ultimately the race was fun even though it did end unexpectedly.

Apologies to @Bruno Hudson for the contact near the end. I thought I had more room than I did :(
Don't worry mate! Next time we will be better!

Was just watching the livestream and noticed that I had a pretty large ping bar on the leaderboard. I know I am usually a 150 ping to the EU servers, it started out half yellow, but then progressed full and into the red as the race wore on. Did my car seem to be laggy to the other drivers that were around me? Was wondering if there was something wrong with my internet connection.

What an awesome race again, thanks for having us RD!

Too bad we couldn't race the last ten minutes, would've had a shot at P5. Silverstone with 50 drivers is really a challenge, in the first place to race at it and second to comment it. Really looking forward to the next one!

:)

All you need to do here, which sadly wasnt happening earlier, is to keep to the racing line during corners and lift off on the straights to allow the faster guys past. :thumbsup:

Is it best to get off the racing when backing off on the straights? I did this a few times and the car behind followed me off line while I started to slow down.

Was just watching the livestream and noticed that I had a pretty large ping bar on the leaderboard. I know I am usually a 150 ping to the EU servers, it started out half yellow, but then progressed full and into the red as the race wore on. Did my car seem to be laggy to the other drivers that were around me? Was wondering if there was something wrong with my internet connection.

What's the ping bar on acc couldn't see jt anywhere? Why does some of the car numbers come up red also on the leaderboard noticed mine was but don't know why

[s
Is it best to get off the racing when backing off on the straights? I did this a few times and the car behind followed me off line while I started to slow down.
RD club rules are in line with endurance racing, the leading car should initiate an overtake and the blue flag car should lift off when that happens.
What's the ping bar on acc couldn't see jt anywhere? Why does some of the car numbers come up red also on the leaderboard noticed mine was but don't know why
It's next to your car number in the rankings. The colors are which class you are in, based on your score from the different stats. With the race club, we don't care about those classes.

A pretty good race for me! besides the first lap 3 wide incident (on coverage, whoo!), the race was pretty much linear.
Start p.8, p.3 on lap 2, little bit less pace than 4th but a great battle with him! until a lap downed cars slow me donw by about 2 seconds and goodbye slipstream and so P.3...
Then i lost so much time because of my tires (big oversteer 25mins in the race) and so p.5 overtook me.
My setup was not good, but the race was fantastic, great sportsmanship from everybody on track (except one or two lapped down cars but no problem), great race control, great event in general!
looking forward to do more of theses (Zandvoort, here i come ;) )

And a french word for our winner: Bravo @speedyx56 pour ta victoire!, très belle course, très bon rythme de ta part! :)

Thanks to everyone for the race, the disconnect towards the end was a shame but it happens. I really enjoyed myself, navigating traffic was quite a challenge at times but provided me with an opportunity to learn. Drove the AMG for the first time in a race, I used to love that thing when it came out a couple of years back (that sound!) but for some reason me and it never clicked in ACC. Lost a few places at the start due to the wrong mapping and lost a lot of time behind some slower cars - also I definately need to qualify better - but hey, live and learn!

Many Thanks to the whole RD Team, I do enjoy these races even more with race control in place and especially to Mr Paul Jeffrey for that Senna-comparison on livestream, I'm really not that good but it still put a huge smile on my face... :D

The race was awesome. Great work from the RD staff. What really made it a real race for me was the stewarding. There were many times where the rules were not followed and it's great to know that there are penalties being handed out for unfair or dangerous manouveres.

Really enjoyed it. Very professionally done so well done guys.

Will look forward to next one.

Great stuff hosting the event and doing all the work around it, muchos respect and thanks !! Keep it up.

For myself I ffed up everything, before the qually started I should have gone to bed already was to nackered :p
So instead of doing low 58's I couldn't even do 59's, quallied 21st I think. Start was awefull to... people braking at the weirdest places and just cruising doing weird stuff instead of racing so that caused me to send one off and later send myself off trying to overtake. So disconnected and went to bed :p
I ain't gonna start a race anymore when so tired, pointless :)

What's the ping bar on acc couldn't see jt anywhere?

NutsTAV.jpg

that thin bar to the left of the car logo is the ping bar. During qualifying I was in the yellow halfway up, but by the end of the race it was really in the read and close to being maxxed out.

Yes, I was following you for 2 laps and you phased in and out of reality a few times.

NutsTAV.jpg

that thin bar to the left of the car logo is the ping bar. During qualifying I was in the yellow halfway up, but by the end of the race it was really in the read and close to being maxxed out.

I noticed it during the race, and I was about to tell you on TS, but then I decided to watch you for a while and you never seemed to jump aggressively around or disappear, so I decided to keep an eye out for the rest of the race but you were always alright during this race :)

EDIT: but as @HTIDRaver2k8 just mentioned above, apparently you did a few times :D you can make a ping test to the Netherlands before each race to check the condition of the connection. We also encourage people to mention it on TeamSpeak, to make sure no one's experience is ruined :)

Yes, I was following you for 2 laps and you phased in and out of reality a few times.

Thx for the reply. I normally don't have any problems on the EU server and my connection is usually pretty stable, but when I practiced on the server the night before the race I had two disconnects, and when they reset the server to go to the official practice it disconnected me also.

Before the race I rebooted my router and cable modem. With what happened at the end of the race with everyone disconnecting I was wondering if the previous disconnects were a server problem...there may be a problem with the connection between the EU and US right now.

Edit: I loaded up ACC and I was getting a lower ping to the RD Aussie server than I did to the EU servers.

its was a fun race for me. Qualified only 11st with my PB, with only 30 laps experience in Silverstone. So I was pretty happy with this result. But... got disconnected again, right at warmup lap. Rejoined the server and started the race from the pits from 45th position. Had a huge amount of fights, most times it were clean fights. Managed to finish 25th I guess.

Thanks for the organizers. Geat job! With pleasure I will take part in next event.

If I make a custom livery (i think i have this ability), will it be loaded automatically, or it's a pain in the *** to set it for the sever, like it was in AC?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back