Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Circuit Spa-Francorchamps needs no introduction - an incredible venue for some incredible racing - check out our latest SRO E-Sport GT Series After Movie...

We had an exceptional time at the legendary Spa-Francorchamps recently, presenting the latest round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series and taking in the magnificent Total 24 Hours of Spa - arguably the ultimate weekend for fans of GT3 style endurance racing.

SRO E-Sport GT Series: Watch the final race again here.

With some fabulous driving on the real and virtual track, the real star of the show has to be the circuit itself - 7.004 km of wonderful racing tarmac.

In this after movie with a little difference, we pay homage to the great venue, over a great weekend, during an incredible E-Sport series.

Once again, full credits to the awesome @VernWozza for the awesome camera work and editing in this video.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Once again, full credits to the awesome @VernWozza for the awesome camera work and editing in this video.
Fantastic video editing and the music is on point...top marks:)...did I see a few clips of ACC mixed in there as well;)
A big thanks to all for covering this:thumbsup: as it's not something I personally will ever get to see for real living over the other side of the world:cry::cry::)

Last edited:
Hm. the video itself is good, but there's not really much about the esport in it.
Hi Nils,

I was trying to do something a bit different with this video. For the previous rounds Chris has done a fantastic job of creating highlights videos and I thought that there is a bit of duplication of work and there's probably only so much people will want to see the same thing.

Also this site is about Motorsport too and the the story for me that weekend was just how epic Spa is and the real world race was amazing too. So to try and blur the lines a bit I thought it would be good to show the eSports arena and the similarities between the two disciplines.

Also you were there too and there's surely only so many shots you can get inside that big tent

Last edited:
Hey, yeah I get your points.
Was just expecting a different focus with the video primarily being shared along the esport side of things.There's nothing wrong with the video itself, but you could argue that the video accidently shows perfectly why all that blurring of real and simracing has so far never been to the advantage of simracing. no matter how good the game is, you just can't compete with the real thing, its ridiculous sound and the sensation that comes with it or the car defeating your eyes' expectation of physics through eau rouge.

I know there haven't been any promises from SRO to the competing teams, yet when I crunch the numbers, the teams invested a lot into the series with all their travelling and bringing drivers to the events. It's a bit disappointing to have more or less nothing from SRO that would make sense sharing through our socials. Because why would we with our brands invisible in all of this.
all this, though, isn't a problem of the video, but of the series in general. it's just reflected in that nonetheless very good video.

I can understand that RD has an interest for sharing useful content through their website for their investment into this and also SRO and Kunos have their own perspective on this.

Just as a team making the PRO part of the competition what it is, at some point I have to tell my supervisor where the money went and why. And it's very difficult to see a ROI in sharing a video showing mainly the real cars with very different sponsors than those who eventually gave us the money to be there and compete. Their evaluation of this when making a decision to join a 2nd season is unlikely to be positive.

There are just too many competing interests that are not aligned. Its the same in all sports, but esport organizers have to geat their head around that. All partners have to see benefit or they are out. iRacing is moving into a great direction lately while they have been hesitant for years. They finally listen to the teams and make contracts about the commercial side of things.

Organizers just have to decide if they want to do just gaming or esport.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Nürburgring!

Hi Nils,

I was trying to do something a bit different with this video. For the previous rounds Chris has done a fantastic job of creating highlights videos and I thought that there is a bit of duplication of work and there's probably only so much people will want to see the same thing.

Also this site is about Motorsport too and the the story for me that weekend was just how epic Spa is and the real world race was amazing too. So to try and blur the lines a bit I thought it would be good to show the eSports arena and the similarities between the two disciplines.

Also you were there too and there's surely only so many shots you can get inside that big tent

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Great video!

Somehow I have to agree with Nils' words. For us (simracers) we were expecting more simracing on the video. If the idea is to keep promoting Blancpain GT & SRO Esports together as real-virtual competitions being held at the same weekend, the main highlights video of the competition should show that too and keep both parts happy 50%-50% (Can be 2 videos if not with the highlights of each competition)...

I get @VernWozza 's pov as an important race for real motorsport, btw and I am not here to say what's good or wrong since you can produce whatever you want haha just an opinion since we had the same feeling before promoting the video on the Williams social media (and that's the main point why it wasn't shared) :p

On to Nurburgring next week! I guess this video highlights would be 90% simracing - 10% motorsport since we face one of the most (or the most) important simracing event of the world? :):thumbsup:

Cheers

Hi guys.

I hear you loud and clear. Next video will shift back towards sim racing.

I thought I would try something different for spa but I understand you want to see more of the eSports.

One other thing. I am doing this for free so forgive my indulgence and desire to create something that benefits all stakeholders, me being one of them.

Hi guys.

I hear you loud and clear. Next video will shift back towards sim racing.

I thought I would try something different for spa but I understand you want to see more of the eSports.

One other thing. I am doing this for free so forgive my indulgence and desire to create something that benefits all stakeholders, me being one of them.

As said, the video was great. Top skills! :D

Just wanted to give my pov as Esports team manager facing next races/videos.

See you in Nurburgring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline