• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured SRO E-Sport GT Series | Spa, We Salute You

Discussion in 'SRO E-Sport GT Series' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,009

Circuit Spa-Francorchamps needs no introduction - an incredible venue for some incredible racing - check out our latest SRO E-Sport GT Series After Movie...

We had an exceptional time at the legendary Spa-Francorchamps recently, presenting the latest round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series and taking in the magnificent Total 24 Hours of Spa - arguably the ultimate weekend for fans of GT3 style endurance racing.

SRO E-Sport GT Series: Watch the final race again here.

With some fabulous driving on the real and virtual track, the real star of the show has to be the circuit itself - 7.004 km of wonderful racing tarmac.

In this after movie with a little difference, we pay homage to the great venue, over a great weekend, during an incredible E-Sport series.

Once again, full credits to the awesome @VernWozza for the awesome camera work and editing in this video.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. cerebralvortex

cerebralvortex
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Amazing video @VernWozza !! Must have been a lot work but captures the moment oh so well !

• Love Love x 1
  3. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +356
    Thanks to RD for the opportunity to do this stuff. And special thanks to @Ricoow for joining me on the grid and walking some of the track. Ricoow - those eau rouge shots came out quite well.

@Chris Haye - thanks for the in game footage.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019 at 06:50
    • Love Love x 4
  4. antonn

antonn
    Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    Super video, thank you for your involvement, which increases our pleasure for our passion._;)

5. Ricoow

Ricoow
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Club Staff Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,310
    Very glad to hear that @VernWozza, otherwise we drowned ourselves for nothing. :unsure::D

What a great video once again mate :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chris Haye

Chris Haye
    Premium

Ratings:
    +101
    No problem dude - IIRC our conversation went something like this:

VernWozza: "Chris, have you got any footage of ACC at Spa in the wet? I've got an idea for the video".

Me: "Sorry mate, you'll have to speak up, I'm recording footage of Spa in the wet!"

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +959
    Fantastic video editing and the music is on point...top marks:)...did I see a few clips of ACC mixed in there as well;)
    A big thanks to all for covering this:thumbsup: as it's not something I personally will ever get to see for real living over the other side of the world:cry::cry::)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019 at 08:58
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nils Naujoks

Nils Naujoks

Ratings:
    +12
    Hm. the video itself is good, but there's not really much about the esport in it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +356
    Hi Nils,

I was trying to do something a bit different with this video. For the previous rounds Chris has done a fantastic job of creating highlights videos and I thought that there is a bit of duplication of work and there's probably only so much people will want to see the same thing.

Also this site is about Motorsport too and the the story for me that weekend was just how epic Spa is and the real world race was amazing too. So to try and blur the lines a bit I thought it would be good to show the eSports arena and the similarities between the two disciplines.

Also you were there too and there's surely only so many shots you can get inside that big tent

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019 at 11:07
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  10. T_rac3

T_rac3

Ratings:
    +552
    Amazing video, thank you guys for your work :thumbsup:
    I love the mix between sim and real life racing :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Edison5do

Edison5do

Ratings:
    +10
    Amazing video! I'm loving ACC 1.0.7! My favorite class to drive being GT3, this game is like a dream to me!

12. NDG

NDG
    Non Dangerous Guy

Ratings:
    +155
    Amazing I must say! iRacing's preview of their new damage model fatally pales in comparison. :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.