SRO E-Sport GT Series (SPA) | Silver Qualifiers Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SRO E-Sport GT Series Silver Qualification Open - SPA.jpg

The 'SILVER' qualification event for the next round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series is now live.

The biggest and arguably best race of the Blancpain GT Series takes place at the legendary Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps at the end of July, and once again the SRO E-Sport GT Series will be racing alongside the real world series - taking to the incredible laserscanned version of the famous Belgian circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

SRO E-Sport GT Series: Watch the Paul Ricard final race again here.

SILVER qualifiers will open Monday 1st July at 18:00 CEST and will close again on Monday 15th July at 18:00 CEST.

How to participate?
  • Visit the SRO E-Sport GT Series website here
  • Register your account here (and don't forget to fill out your SteamID)
  • Open Assetto Corsa Competizione. If you don't have the game installed yet you can obtain a copy here.
  • Update your driver profile with your correct name and surname
  • Select Special Events from the main menu and access SRO E-Sport GT Series - Round 3
  • Have a great hotlap session and do your best to reach the top 12 on the leaderboard
  • Qualifying event will begin July 1st 18:00 CEST and close July 15th at 18:00 CEST
Please remember that it is mandatory to save your session replay by hitting "M" on your keyboard or recording a video with a video capture tool (e.g. Nvidia ShadowPlay, Crimson ReLive etc) if you are in the top 12.

The saved replay will be located in your Documents/AssettoCorsaCompetizione/replay folder and you can rename it as you prefer.

Have fun and good luck for your attempts! Let us know if you have any questions here on the official forum or via social media with the official hashtag #SROEsport

Follow us on Social Media for more official updates on the SRO E-Sport GT Series...

Last edited:
What times do you have to achieve to participate?
well, the first challenge is to do your first four laps in under 10 minutes, only then will you be able do a fifth lap. I was pretty much on target, about a second down after lap3, when I crashed out in lap4 and lost 20 secs :( Current best is five laps in 11:36.579. And, Nicki Thiims Aston is super-slippery and squirrelly, noone dare call iRacing ice-racing after this experience in ACC any longer, lol.

well, the first challenge is to do your first four laps in under 10 minutes, only then will you be able do a fifth lap. I was pretty much on target, about a second down after lap3, when I crashed out in lap4 and lost 20 secs :( Current best is five laps in 11:36.579. And, Nicki Thiims Aston is super-slippery and squirrelly, noone dare call iRacing ice-racing after this experience in ACC any longer, lol.

I haven't touched the stint yet but from past experience with this combo the car gives top performance in it's first two laps just like the tires are supposed to, then the subsequent tire performance drop off happens and it's about managing that the rest of the stint.

After the first two laps there will be a more dead front end feeling, and power oversteer on exit. One positive is the car's slightly longer gearing than what I'd use optimally but I think that suits the character of the car and helps it particularly at Spa.

If nothing else it's the best sounding car by a mile, so do a stint, open up replay, pour yourself a healthy Belgian dubbel and enjoy

yep, just done my second try and lap 2 was indeed the fastest. It is immense fun, the sound comes as the proverbial icing on the cake. Did a small pirouette in bus stop lap 01, so 6 secs lost there. currently sitting here: 124. Eckhart von Glan 5 12:24.066

Last edited:
Oh gawd, I have to put up with him on discord and now he's here! :D

Gl everyone, I'll give this a spin today but I'll get another chance on site as I'm off to the Spa 24hr for the weekend too. :)
Oooh you lucky b*tard!
I so wish I were off to Spa too.

Anyway, gave it a few goes, surprisingly I'm quicker on the safe set up than I am on aggressive... :O_o:
Anyway, hovering just outside the top 100 so a little work to do.
Would be nice to be inside the top 100, even nicer to be inside the top 50...

Setup changes aren't allowed, but do TC/ABS/Bias count as setup changes?

Currently 18th by virtue of the fact it's new so not many have tried, but suspect I'll slip down very soon.
Edit: Now 23rd

Hi

I recognize your name from somewhere. LFS back in the day?

Currently P77 with 5L, 11:51. For me the aggro setup is about 7 seconds faster over the stint than the safe thanks to a more grippy nose section (less understeer) which makes it easier to point the car where you want it to go, certainly in the slower sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%