SRO E-Sport GT Series (SPA) | Silver Qualifiers Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently P77 with 5L, 11:51. For me the aggro setup is about 7 seconds faster over the stint than the safe thanks to a more grippy nose section (less understeer) which makes it easier to point the car where you want it to go, certainly in the slower sections.
I'll have to give aggro another bash then... I'm at 106 with an 11:55 something. 4 seconds between our times is probably more me making mistakes... I've not done a completely perfect stint yet.

I'll have to give aggro another bash then... I'm at 106 with an 11:55 something. 4 seconds between our times is probably more me making mistakes... I've not done a completely perfect stint yet.

Oh me neither, but I doubt I can shove more than 5 more seconds off my time just by driving other lines or being consistent. It already felt pretty much as good as I can do.

For me the Vantage is just not a well balanced car with its rather important understeer although it is one of the most stable cars at high speed and certainly Eau Rouge and Blanchimont are much easier in the Vantage than let's say the 911.

What times do you have to achieve to participate?

If you are not on this mans TV show, you don't qualify.

ORIGINAL.jpg

Hi everyone,
Do I need to improve my rating before being able to participate? I managed to complete the 5 laps without any mistake, but I can't see my time on the leaderboard. Also, my name doesn't appear when I start the session, it says "N. Thiim" instead, which is not my name.
Thanks!

Hi everyone,
Do I need to improve my rating before being able to participate? I managed to complete the 5 laps without any mistake, but I can't see my time on the leaderboard. Also, my name doesn't appear when I start the session, it says "N. Thiim" instead, which is not my name.
Thanks!

The Thiim is normal, but for this event you first need to sign up, I believe the details are in the opening post.

For once I don't entirely dislike the car/setup combo so I might have my chances at qualifying :p (for all the good it'll do since I don't have the money to travel anyway...)

only 12 are the ones qualifying?
Not sure what you mean...

I'm doing this simply to see how far I can push my times before I have to concede.
Some of these guys are doing 2:16s...
My best is currently in the 2:21s meaning I'm 5 seconds off the pace.
I find it really helps to have a strong lap time to push for and makes me try all the harder.
I just find it easier to push in the Bentley. Although I did go quicker once I changed the set up to Aggressive, so I just needed to get used to the car a bit more I think...

Anyone actually doing 2.16’s in this challenge though or is that a perfect conditions lap?
Sorry, I dont know for sure, but the top runners are at 11:33 and I'm 20 seconds off in 126th place with an 11:53. I'm doing 2.21s, so over 5 laps you can work it out that it may be close to 2.16s...
But yes, on hot lap or hot stint and perfect conditions people are doing 2.16s

By my calcs,
11m36.579 over 5 laps is an average pace of 2m19.316
11m45.900 (my time) is average of 1m21.180

I can do a 2m19.9 on my best lap pushing really hard, but to maintain anywhere near that average I crash, so I didn't improve last night.

Not sure what you mean...

I'm doing this simply to see how far I can push my times before I have to concede.
Some of these guys are doing 2:16s...
My best is currently in the 2:21s meaning I'm 5 seconds off the pace.
I find it really helps to have a strong lap time to push for and makes me try all the harder.
I just find it easier to push in the Bentley. Although I did go quicker once I changed the set up to Aggressive, so I just needed to get used to the car a bit more I think...

You're 3 seconds off pace. 2:16 times are only possible in optimum conditions with this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%