SRO E-Sport GT Series | Silver Qualifiers Now Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Silver Class Monza SRO E-SPort GT Series.jpg

The ‘Silver’ classification of qualifiers for the brand new SRO E-Sport GT Series are now open in Assetto Corsa Competizione. Time to start your engines and qualify to be the next star in eSports sim racing!

The PC racing simulator has been updated to release 7 earlier today, and part of that new build was dedicated to a substantial range of improvements to the online multiplayer aspect of the title – adding new penalties and rating functionality to the base simulation experience.

Following on from the new build, Kunos Simulazioni have now made live the qualifying event for the ‘Silver’ category of the series – with a brand new qualification event now available to access within the ‘Special Events’ category of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Available now, registered players have the opportunity to compete for the top times within the field in order to qualify for the on-site SRO E-Sport Series opening round at Monza, the weekend of April 13th-14th.

How to participate?
  • Visit the SRO E-Sport GT Series website here
  • Register your account here (and don't forget to fill out your SteamID)
  • Open Assetto Corsa Competizione. If you don't have the game installed yet you can obtain a copy here.
  • Update your driver profile with your correct name and surname
  • Select Special Events from the main menu and access Special Event #23 - SRO E-Sport GT Series Round 1
  • Have a great hotlap session and do your best to reach the top 12 on the leaderboard
Please remember that it is mandatory to save your session replay by hitting "M" on your keyboard or recording a video with a video capture tool (e.g. Nvidia ShadowPlay, Crimson ReLive etc) if you are in the top 12.

The saved replay will be located in your Documents/AssettoCorsaCompetizione/replay folder and you can rename it as you prefer.

Have fun and good luck for your attempts and let us know if you have any questions here on the official forum or via social media with the official hashtag #SROEsport

Follow us on social media for more official updates on SRO E-Sport GT Series.

I was curious to know if we are allowed onboard adjustments (TC, ABS, Brake Bias etc.) of the car based on this section of Article 4 of the regulations(https://sro-esport.com/regulations/)

• The Car setup will be locked from customization and only Safe, Wet and Aggressive setup presets will be available to be loaded. Any attempt to make use of glitches in order to edit the setup will invalidate the attempt and can bring to disqualification

If I recall, I read in the rules that TC will be disabled, so no TC allowed. Or Am I wrong?

From https://sro-esport.com/regulations/ :
"The Car setup will be locked from customization and only Safe, Wet and Aggressive setup presets will be available to be loaded. Any attempt to make use of glitches in order to edit the setup will invalidate the attempt and can bring to disqualification. It is allowed to edit TC (Traction Control) value and ABS (anti-blocking system for braking) value."

Trying to register on their site but it keeps telling me my Steam ID must contain at least 17 characters. WTF?!

Edit: Fixed. It's the number at the end of the web address on your steam profile page. Nothing like making that fact as clear as mud!

Last edited:
I can lap low 1:48 in hotlap mode probably can get a high 1:47 but the fuel and track surface are putting me mid to high 1:49 for this event i find it incredable how fast some are going, well done people wish i had your skills.

I cut the first chicane on the first lap just out of curiousity to compare time gained and penalty applied (for those who would like to know, cutting the chicane netted a time gain of 9 seconds) but for some weird reason the 26s penalty that I got wasn't added to the time. I have reported it to Kunos and hopefully, they can revert my time back to the older one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%