SRO E-Sport GT Series - Round 1: Monza Final (Live Stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehm, I see it's not clear at all: Kunos didn't pay travels or services to any of the RD staff members.
The championship organizers are SRO, AK Informatica supported by Pirelli and the whole series is using ACC as a simulation. Maybe it's even clearer now ;)

It is now, thank you for taking the time to respond to me rather than jump on the defensive.
I get it now...cheers.
Not sure why someone couldn't of said that before but hey ho..
I just remember SMS and Pretend race cars getting caught out with this...cheers.
This seems,now, totally different and totally legit..as you were..

It is now, thank you for taking the time to respond to me rather than jump on the defensive.
I get it now...cheers.
Not sure why someone couldn't of said that before but hey ho..
Sometimes the way we phrase things / the tone of our posts causes a defensive response. The Marketing / BD rep from Kunos did his job - cleaning up the mess you started, the RD staff and others (who do this out of love for the community) posted an understandable emotional response.

Hopefully, as you're happy again, we can get back to being positive advocates for all things sim racing.

RD now being on the payroll of Kunos means any impartiality is gone, any reviews of the game will have no real credit as we know RD is being paid by them.
Which is fair enough and at least its clear even though there has been no disclosure which you should have on youtube...but anyway..

The only issue i foresee is the one which took down pretend race cars.
How happy will Ian Bell be for example, to see RD forum in bed with Kunos whilst allowing threads in which people compare PCars franchise with ACC and are negative about PCars etc.
That won't look good and it killed Pretend race cars... (some will say not a bad thing)

There is a real conflict of interest where by the forum could essentially fall foul of lawyers....or totally remove ANY criticism of a game even if that is a valid criticism.... soi to avoid any legal issues.
What we certainly won't see is Kunos's games being reviewed with impartiality, but we will continue to see PCars slagged off, Forza slagged off, rfactor etc etc etc...?

Watching with interest...
The conspiracy theory.
Don't feed the troll.

Ehm, I see it's not clear at all: Kunos didn't pay travels or services to any of the RD staff members.
The championship organizers are SRO, AK Informatica supported by Pirelli and the whole series is using ACC as a simulation. Maybe it's even clearer now ;)
It's clear now that RD will be biased towards all sro series and especially the Blancpain gt! You can already see this happening when looking at the amount of articles about Blancpain gt vs F1!

Sorry.. I had to do this... Time to add someone (again) to my ignore list...

I loved the coverage btw. Was a great event to watch! I agree with the rest that we need replays and the onboard to be changed to a different camera than the helmet one.
Slam a livetiming page on top and it would be absolutely fecking awesome! Chases and battled were just as exciting, if not more, as the real race! :)

It's clear now that RD will be biased towards all sro series and especially the Blancpain gt! You can already see this happening when looking at the amount of articles about Blancpain gt vs F1!

Sorry.. I had to do this... Time to add someone (again) to my ignore list...

I loved the coverage btw. Was a great event to watch! I agree with the rest that we need replays and the onboard to be changed to a different camera than the helmet one.
Slam a livetiming page on top and it would be absolutely fecking awesome! Chases and battled were just as exciting, if not more, as the real race! :)
this is so sweet to hear. Yes we came back home with the usual 4 pages follow up and de-brief, we will kill ourselves before or after :p

Thanks for the suggestions and please continue to feed us with this reports ;) We'll try to improve already in Paul Ricard. Cheers

• Deleted member 387850

I'd just like to echo some of the positive feedback people have been sharing for this event. I got to enjoy some of the live coverage on Saturday, and of course the final on Sunday. I've also now had a chance to catch up on some of the semi-final action I missed and I've loved every moment of it.

I thought all aspects of the presentation were very slick, especially considering it was the first outing, and it seems like a great team was assembled to run this event. I also appreciate that so many staff have been involved in this thread and taking on-board feedback with a view to making things even better for the next round!

To that end here are a few notes I jotted down whilst watching, which I hope are constructive:
  • A bit of explanation during the coverage about the qualification process and how certain drivers ended up in each category would be helpful. For example, I wasn't sure how drivers were competing in multiple semi-final races. Perhaps an on-screen graphic could be used to show the path to the final?
  • The broadcast overlay was quite hard to read on TV, particularly the gaps between drivers. It works great in front of a computer monitor, but not so great when you're wanting to enjoy the action from the comfort of your sofa.
  • As beautiful as Paul and Chris are I'm not sure I benefited from seeing the commentary team throughout the race. I'd prefer to stay focused on the on-track action! Seeing the team pre and post race was excellent though!
  • I'd love to see some footage of the actual drivers at work behind the wheel. Seeing the concentration in their eyes as they work the wheel would be excellent, and it would also help to associate a face with a name.
  • Some post race interviews would be excellent to help tell the story of what happened during the race. For example, why did Tariq suddenly slow on the last lap of the semi-final?
Hope that's helpful and in no way takes away from what I thought was an excellent event! Looking forward to Paul Ricard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back