• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured SRO E-Sport GT Series - Round 1: Monza Final (Live Stream)

Discussion in 'SRO E-Sport GT Series' started by Bram Hengeveld, Apr 14, 2019.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13

Ratings:
    +190
    Those would likely be 49" Samsung CHG90

• Beer Beer x 1
  2. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Well I appreciate the coverage thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Team DTO

Team DTO

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the replies, I thought they might be the 49" 32:9 Samsungs, but they look bigger in the photo.

4. Chris Haye

Chris Haye
    Premium

Ratings:
    +90
    They are the Samsung c49hg90... and I need one in my life!

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. apex11

apex11
    Banned

Ratings:
    +511
    It is now, thank you for taking the time to respond to me rather than jump on the defensive.
    I get it now...cheers.
    Not sure why someone couldn't of said that before but hey ho..
    I just remember SMS and Pretend race cars getting caught out with this...cheers.
    This seems,now, totally different and totally legit..as you were..

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +106
    Sometimes the way we phrase things / the tone of our posts causes a defensive response. The Marketing / BD rep from Kunos did his job - cleaning up the mess you started, the RD staff and others (who do this out of love for the community) posted an understandable emotional response.

Hopefully, as you're happy again, we can get back to being positive advocates for all things sim racing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pedro Lebre

Pedro Lebre

Ratings:
    +23
    The conspiracy theory.
    Don't feed the troll.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RasmusP

RasmusP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,994
    It's clear now that RD will be biased towards all sro series and especially the Blancpain gt! You can already see this happening when looking at the amount of articles about Blancpain gt vs F1!

Sorry.. I had to do this... Time to add someone (again) to my ignore list...

I loved the coverage btw. Was a great event to watch! I agree with the rest that we need replays and the onboard to be changed to a different camera than the helmet one.
    Slam a livetiming page on top and it would be absolutely fecking awesome! Chases and battled were just as exciting, if not more, as the real race! :)

• Haha Haha x 2
  9. Davide Brivio Kunos

Davide Brivio Kunos
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    this is so sweet to hear. Yes we came back home with the usual 4 pages follow up and de-brief, we will kill ourselves before or after :p

Thanks for the suggestions and please continue to feed us with this reports ;) We'll try to improve already in Paul Ricard. Cheers

• Love Love x 4
  10. suspectmonkey

suspectmonkey
    Premium

Ratings:
    +364
    I'd just like to echo some of the positive feedback people have been sharing for this event. I got to enjoy some of the live coverage on Saturday, and of course the final on Sunday. I've also now had a chance to catch up on some of the semi-final action I missed and I've loved every moment of it.

I thought all aspects of the presentation were very slick, especially considering it was the first outing, and it seems like a great team was assembled to run this event. I also appreciate that so many staff have been involved in this thread and taking on-board feedback with a view to making things even better for the next round!

To that end here are a few notes I jotted down whilst watching, which I hope are constructive:
    • A bit of explanation during the coverage about the qualification process and how certain drivers ended up in each category would be helpful. For example, I wasn't sure how drivers were competing in multiple semi-final races. Perhaps an on-screen graphic could be used to show the path to the final?
    • The broadcast overlay was quite hard to read on TV, particularly the gaps between drivers. It works great in front of a computer monitor, but not so great when you're wanting to enjoy the action from the comfort of your sofa.
    • As beautiful as Paul and Chris are I'm not sure I benefited from seeing the commentary team throughout the race. I'd prefer to stay focused on the on-track action! Seeing the team pre and post race was excellent though!
    • I'd love to see some footage of the actual drivers at work behind the wheel. Seeing the concentration in their eyes as they work the wheel would be excellent, and it would also help to associate a face with a name.
    • Some post race interviews would be excellent to help tell the story of what happened during the race. For example, why did Tariq suddenly slow on the last lap of the semi-final?
    Hope that's helpful and in no way takes away from what I thought was an excellent event! Looking forward to Paul Ricard :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.