Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Paul Ricard Silver Qualifying Open.jpg

The PRO driver selection for the second round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series at Paul Ricard now confirmed.

Following the successful debut weekend of the new for 2019 SRO E-Sport GT Series last time out in Italy, the list of PRO category E-Sport drivers that will be taking to the virtual Paul Ricard track for round two has been confirmed - with some big names and returning faces set to battle it out for the winners trophy.

Watch the SRO E-Sport GT Series Live Watch all the racing on the Official Twitch Stream

As seasoned E-Sport professionals, our PRO category drivers will be looking to put on a big show on Friday afternoon at Paul Ricard - with only the top four finishers eligible to enter the Round Two final on Saturday afternoon.

With the top four finishers from the PRO, SILVER and AM class coming together for the round final on Saturday, a race where the podium finishers will earn qualification to the grand finale at Barcelona in September, it will be another big weekend of racing in what is shaping up to be an outstanding new E-Sport racing series.

Official Website - Check out the SRO E-Sport GT Series website.

So, which team and driver combinations will make the up PRO category at Paul Ricard - let's take a look -

PRO Series Lineup PR.jpg

Not a professional E-Sport driver? Our SILVER qualification event remains open until May 20th at 23:59 CEST. Set a top 12 fastest 'Hotstint' session and be invited to race on-site in Paul Ricard!

Just like last time out at Monza, drivers who arrive at the E-Sport arena at Paul Ricard will be given the opportunity to try out for a top 12 qualification time for the AM category race, so even if you don't get invited to Paul Ricard via the online qualifiers, or through association with a professional E-Sport team, it is still possible to head over to the circuit and put yourself in a position to win the big prize!
Great (virtual) racing at Paul Ricard awaits...

SRO E-Sport GT Series - Got a question? Check out this useful FAQ article.

Let us know if you have any questions here on the official forum or via social media with the official hashtag #SROEsport

Follow us on social media for more official updates on SRO E-Sport GT Series.

Last edited:
So I don't know any of those names.

Is there going to be any kind of write-up, feature, interview with any of them so I have some kind of investment when i watch the racing?

It's hard to get into it when you don't know anything about any of the drivers.

OK so I'll do it then.

Jack Keithley. Williams e-sports driver. Does a lot of Raceroom. Wears glasses. And was interviewed by RaceDepartment in 2012.

David Tonizza - not much about him but here's his Twitter and the Jean Alesi esports academy sounds really interesting. How had I never heard that such things existed?

Nestor Garcia won an online Clio Cup championship which earned him a real Clio Cup appearance. Now drives for Red Bull e-sports. I didn't know they existed either. He's on Twitter.

Mertcan Solak appears to like football, Game of Thrones, and BMWs, He drives for BMW eSports Turkey.

You get the idea RD! Tell us about the drivers you want us to watch. Interview them? What is their normal rig like? Do they think they're slower / faster using the series equipment? Do they use VR normally? Where do they usually race? What kind of cars do they prefer to race?

Or talk some more about phantom energy drinks. Your call.

Of Couse I see people who don't know me. I have been racing for a long time but there were only local tournaments. BMW eSport Turkey(Borusan Otomotiv Motorsport E-Team) made an elimination and I was the one of chosen 3 esport drivers. My other team mate, Batuhan was in Monza and now I'm going to represent the team at Paul Ricard Circuit in France. I hope It'll be great so, I can't wait it. :D

Last edited:
Of Couse I see people who don't know me. I have been racing for a long time but there were only local tournaments. BMW eSport Turkey(Borusan Otomotiv Motorsport E-Team) made an elimination and I was the one of chosen 3 esport drivers. My other team mate, Batuhan was in Monza and now I'm going to represent the team at Paul Ricard Circuit in France. I hope It'll be great so, I can't wait it. :D

Hey Mertcan! Thanks for posting! Don't take it personally that I didn't know you - I don't know anybody else on the list either.

Good luck. I had a look at your Youtube channel. I like that you do coaching videos on there. Nice touch.

:D Of course not. I needed to introduce myself and also wanted to join to conversation :p

Have you raced against any of the other competitors before? Do you know much about them? If you're in contact with any of them, get them over here to chat too!

Have done much real car / kart racing?

Have you raced against any of the other competitors before? Do you know much about them? If you're in contact with any of them, get them over here to chat too!

Have done much real car / kart racing?
I don't have any contact but I know Moritz Löhner. He is a Porsche Pro Driver on iRacing and he is pretty fast.
I did races with a low hp karting cars. Also, I got training with Caterham and BMW M4 GT4 by BOM. :D

I don't have any contact but I know Moritz Löhner. He is a Porsche Pro Driver on iRacing and he is pretty fast.
I did races with a low hp karting cars. Also, I got training with Caterham and BMW M4 GT4 by BOM. :D

Thanks Mertcan!

Have you ever raced online against a famous professional racing driver? If so, how did you fare?

Thanks Mertcan!

Have you ever raced online against a famous professional racing driver? If so, how did you fare?
Your Welcomee. Sometimes, I run up with them on iRacing. I think to watch them is pleasurable. I also friends racing in real and sim and we practice together. One of them is Ayhancan Güven. He became a champion in Porsche Cup France and Benelux and now he is racing in Mobil 1 Porsche Super Cup. I like learning from them while driving. They improve me in any case.

So I don't know any of those names.

Is there going to be any kind of write-up, feature, interview with any of them so I have some kind of investment when i watch the racing?

It's hard to get into it when you don't know anything about any of the drivers.

Chris - one of our big take-aways from the Monza event was that we want to do a better job of communicating the human side of the story. This wasn't possible in Italy for a number of reasons, but rest assured it is very much my top priority going into the next event from a broadcast perspective.

Chris - one of our big take-aways from the Monza event was that we want to do a better job of communicating the human side of the story. This wasn't possible in Italy for a number of reasons, but rest assured it is very much my top priority going into the next event from a broadcast perspective.

Really good news from a broadcast perspective - it'll make it much more engaging.

But in the build up to the event, in articles like this. I'm not sure how much a single jpeg with 12 names on it would mean to anyone.

A bit of research, a bit of background to who these people are, in this article, would help the reader start to get a picture of who the participants are, and maybe make them more likely to watch the broadcast.

Perhaps someone with a Twitter account (i don't use it) could reach out and make contact with each of the participants, see if we can get them to come and join in the discussion.

Are there any existing rivalries? Have any of them raced together before? Are there any videos available of previous events they've raced in together?

I've enjoyed talking to @Mertcan Oysal .

It seems more relevant to the site than speculation over a midfield F1 team's sponsor's legal disputes. In my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%