Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SROESGTS - Event Meeting Point-03.jpg

The upcoming opening round of the new SRO E-Sport GT Series takes one step closer with confirmation of the PRO and SILVER category drivers set to appear in Monza.

The new SRO E-Sport GT Series, set to take place at the opening round of the 2019 Blancpain GT category at the Monza Eni Circuit in Italy this weekend, has taken one step closer today. Following an intense online leaderboard challenge, the talented sim racers who have qualified for a place on the SILVER starting grid by way of producing a top 12 fastest lap time during the online qualification period of the series have now been finalised.

As well as these 12 qualifying drivers, a selection of some of the top eSport racing teams will be represented in the opening round at Monza, with the 12 PRO invitational drivers now also confirmed for what should be an exciting first weekend of the new season.

Official Website - Check out the SRO E-Sport GT Series website.

With both PRO and SILVER drivers now confirmed, it just remains for the final 12 drivers to produce a laptime on site fast enough to put them in contention for a place on the Round One AM starting grid. Following respective races in each category, the top four drivers of all three categories will combine to race for the chance of standing on the real Blancpain GT Series podium, and of course qualifying for the season ending final round - and a money can't buy opportunity with Lamborghini for the eventual series champion.

Watch the SRO E-Sport GT Series Live Watch all the racing on the Official Twitch Stream

So, who are the lucky 24 to have made it on to the grid at Monza so far? Let's take a look...

PRO Invitational Drivers
SROESGTS - Event Meeting Point-02.jpg

SILVER Qualifying Drivers
SROESGTS - Event Meeting Point-01.jpg

If you haven't managed to set a time fast enough to qualify for the SILVER category, don't forget you can still be part of the action by heading over to Monza and putting down a time within the top 12 of the AM category, this will give you the opportunity to race for a top four spot in the AM race, and qualify for the joint final against the top runners in both PRO and SILVER.

It's all still to play for at Monza this weekend!

SRO E-Sport GT Series - Got a question? Check out this useful FAQ article.

Let us know if you have any questions here on the official forum or via social media with the official hashtag #SROEsport

Follow us on social media for more official updates on SRO E-Sport GT Series.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE DRIVERS!!! I cant wait to watch the stream after it records.

If I were fast enough I'd never be able to compete since the times are in CET. So, this really isn't an international contest. Invited yes, however us Yanks would never get to do this unless we take a day off of work. 1000 CET is like 4:00am to me I think.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE DRIVERS!!! I cant wait to watch the stream after it records.

If I were fast enough I'd never be able to compete since the times are in CET. So, this really isn't an international contest. Invited yes, however us Yanks would never get to do this unless we take a day off of work. 1000 CET is like 4:00am to me I think.
First of all you need to get a good time ONLINE which is not a problem because it's an online qualifier. You can do the qualifier event in the morning in the night whatever you want..so if you are fast enough you can do it. The EVENT is a LAN at Monza. After this if you qualify in the TOP 12, need to go to Monza on your own money and back later. That's takes a lot of time and $. Even in the EU.

Here's hoping they develop the Blancpain US and Asia eSports events later on down the line then.
I'd happily buy both packs with cars/liveries and tracks as full priced titles.

If the process is offering spots further down the list as a few of the top 12 don't attend you are fine ;)
True! And same for me, I'm ranked 210 but if the 200 before me get an allergy or something then.. I .. am .. IN!

On a serious note: man that must be expensive, I mean travelling to Monza etc.

Congrats to the organizers anyways, it was fun and I am looking forward to the next one. I see that 1000+ people have posted times so for an "hardcore" sim-racing event I would say not bad at all.

Last edited:
First of all you need to get a good time ONLINE which is not a problem because it's an online qualifier. You can do the qualifier event in the morning in the night whatever you want..so if you are fast enough you can do it. The EVENT is a LAN at Monza. After this if you qualify in the TOP 12, need to go to Monza on your own money and back later. That's takes a lot of time and $. Even in the EU.

I know I have to get a good time online. Which is why I said I wish I was fast enough. I did not know I physically had to be there. None the less I hope they stream it so we can cheer on our fellow sim racers! I am unbelievably happy right now, beyond words that a few of us made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%