Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Paul Ricard Silver Qualifying Open.jpg

The 'SILVER' qualification sessions for the next round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series are now live.

Following the highly successful opening round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series in Monza, eSport drivers the world over will once again be able to test their abilities against the best of the best in Assetto Corsa Competizione - with SILVER qualifiers for Round Two at Paul Ricard live from Monday 6th May.

SRO E-Sport GT Series - Watch the Monza event again here

SILVER qualifiers will open Monday 6th May and will close again on Monday 20th May at 23:59 CEST.

Please note, the second round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series will take place on site at the Paul Ricard circuit, and the E-Sport races themselves will be held on the laserscanned version of Paul Ricard found within Assetto Corsa Competizione.

With Assetto Corsa Competizione currently under heavy development due to the impending full 'Version One' release on May 29th, it will not be possible to update the SILVER qualification 'Special Event' to reflect the change in venue from Round One. As such, the Monza circuit will again be used for players to record their qualification laps.

The leaderboard will be reset prior to qualification starting on May 6th, and the top 12 fastest drivers by close of competition on May 20th will be invited to join the racing action in France.

Additionally, Kunos will also open an official Paul Ricard server for practice purposes - this Paul Ricard server will not record laptimes, and times set on these servers will not count towards qualification for the on-site competition.

How to participate?
  • Visit the SRO E-Sport GT Series website here
  • Register your account here (and don't forget to fill out your SteamID)
  • Open Assetto Corsa Competizione. If you don't have the game installed yet you can obtain a copy here.
  • Update your driver profile with your correct name and surname
  • Select Special Events from the main menu and access Special Event #21 - SRO E-SPORT GT Series Round 1
  • Have a great hotlap session and do your best to reach the top 12 on the leaderboard
  • Qualifying event will begin May 6th at 18:00 CEST and close May 20th at 23:59 CEST
Please remember that it is mandatory to save your session replay by hitting "M" on your keyboard or recording a video with a video capture tool (e.g. Nvidia ShadowPlay, Crimson ReLive etc) if you are in the top 12.

The saved replay will be located in your Documents/AssettoCorsaCompetizione/replay folder and you can rename it as you prefer.

Have fun and good luck for your attempts and let us know if you have any questions here on the official forum or via social media with the official hashtag #SROEsport

Follow us on Social Media for more official updates on the SRO E-Sport GT Series...

Last edited:
I started practicing here a couple of days ago as i had never driven it, my pace is about 1:56 i the expect the front runners to be so much faster wouldn't even surprise me if they start banging in 1:50's what's the general pace from the RD croud and any see setup/track tips welcome!

I started practicing here a couple of days ago as i had never driven it, my pace is about 1:56 i the expect the front runners to be so much faster wouldn't even surprise me if they start banging in 1:50's what's the general pace from the RD croud and any see setup/track tips welcome!
Do you mean Monza? 1:47s were the toptimes from last Silver Qualifier.

ok, understood, we will do a rerun of the Monza event. Question: will the finals be run using Monza or will the finals at Paul Ricard be run using Paul Ricard (not that I'd qualify, just curiosity).

A bit confused, honestly.

Please note, the second round of the SRO E-Sport GT Series will take place on site at the Paul Ricard circuit, and the E-Sport races themselves will be held on the laserscanned version of Paul Ricard found within Assetto Corsa Competizione.

With Assetto Corsa Competizione currently under heavy development due to the impending full 'Version One' release on May 29th, it will not be possible to update the SILVER qualification 'Special Event' to reflect the change in venue from Round One. As such, the Monza circuit will again be used for players to record their qualification laps.

So basically:

SILVER qualifiers will use Monza, as before. This is because the game cannot be updated prior to the on site event and big May 29th update - so the special event cannot be "just" patched into the current build.

E-Sport Event: The actual races on site will use Paul Ricard.

As an extra, Kunos will open a server for practice purposes with Paul Ricard available to drive on. This will not go towards qualifying times, it is just for practice.

Cheers

So basically:

SILVER qualifiers will use Monza, as before. This is because the game cannot be updated prior to the on site event and big May 29th update - so the special event cannot be "just" patched into the current build.

E-Sport Event: The actual races on site will use Paul Ricard.

As an extra, Kunos will open a server for practice purposes with Paul Ricard available to drive on. This will not go towards qualifying times, it is just for practice.

Cheers
How come they cannot put an update on the steam, so we can use Paul Ricard? I surely won`t do a single lap at Monza from many reasons.

ps: or maybe I will, but later on.

Last edited:
OMG I got sucked in and completely forgot where I was. Moderator can you delete my posts about ACC release? I do not want to clutter the thread with nonsense that does not belong here.
touche! just thought people might be more interested reading this in the proper ACC forums, sorry.

back on topic - whoosh - dunno if I will participate in this one, came in 900sth. last time, so a bit pointless to not rise to the same challenge yet again.

What is confusing?
How is doing the Paul Ricard-related qualifiers at Monza not confusing? Also a bit disappointing, after all this is an official SRO esports event, it should have top priority. Also not fun to repeat the same thing again.

EDIT: I understand there must be a really good reason for the impossibility of a patch update with the event (for example upgrading the whole Unreal Engine to a new version). Whatever, I will skip this event and wait for the next one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline