SRO E-Sport GT Series Official Equipment Used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 387850

I was wondering exactly the same! I'd love to see some behind-the-scenes of the rigs they are using and the hardware they are running it on! After all, this stuff is like the real-world "engine" of our sim world, and it's always fun to nerd out over the details :geek:

Yes, I'd like to know this too.
When I did the Raceroom GT Asia eSports last year they had simulators at one of the shopping malls. It's a kind of arcade style place focusing on Dota championships, VR experiences and Racing for up to 12 people on Raceroom.
The rigs they had there were single screen i58 8600 8GB Ram with GTX 960s I think.
The equipment was all new Fanatec CSR Elite pedals and CSW v2.5s with some sort of playstation compatible rims

I think the wheel base was the TS-PC racer with formula rim, and t3pa pedals. The rigs used were anything needed to run the game on a wide screen, from the looks of it close to or over 40 inch, at probably 100hz, so i7 intel and 2080/2080ti.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what we were running. Only other note was the brake mod for the pedals which was a welcome addition I have to say. As someone who's been used to a load cell for the last 4 years the feel was at least fairly similar.

Yeah that's what we were running. Only other note was the brake mod for the pedals which was a welcome addition I have to say. As someone who's been used to a load cell for the last 4 years the feel was at least fairly similar.
I can only imagine. Can't actually think what racing without a load cell would even be like these days... since my G27 days over 10 years ago it's been Fanatec load cell for me the while time. Even when I took part in the Asia GT3 eSports on R3E they had Fanatec load cells there too.

Hey Paul, I listen to the RD sim podcast and like the discussions! Any insight into the computer specs used? I’m going to be in the market to either upgrade current PC from a GTX 1060 card to a new 1660ti for 1440p gameplay at 144hz or a RTX 2060 spec to handle VR.

Would be good to know what equip they used here to handle 40 car grid with high to epic settings and stable frame rates. The stream looked very solid.

Last edited:
Hey Paul, I listen to the RD sim podcast and like the discussions! Any insight into the computer specs used? I’m going to be in the market to either upgrade current PC from a GTX 1060 card to a new 1660ti for 1440p gameplay at 144hz or a RTX 2060 spec to handle VR.

Would be good to know what equip they used here to handle 40 car grid with high to epic settings and stable frame rates. The stream looked very solid.
The stream was a separate pc with spectator mode afaik so not comparable.
And I highly doubt we're gonna see the ingame settings and full specs plus fps counter for these systems.
You can calculate it on your own though:
Use dsr and raise the ingame resolution to the same amount of pixels you would use in the future (VR is a bit different), put in the settings you'd like to use and measure the fps.
Then you look for benchmarks, take the average gain in percentage and calculate your new, future fps.
If you need help with this just ask :)
Beware about the multipliers though.
Ingame resolution scale is both sides so 150% will be (x*1.5) * (y*1.5) = x*y*1.5*1.5 = x*y*2.25

Resulting in 2.25 times Pixel amount! And 200% therefore resulting in 4 times the amount of pixels!

Why I say this:
Dsr = tinkering with the driver etc
Ingame slider = calculating quite a bit but no tinkering

which brake mod did they use? the standard rubber cone or the rubber piece inside the spring?

The stream was a separate pc with spectator mode afaik so not comparable.
And I highly doubt we're gonna see the ingame settings and full specs plus fps counter for these systems.
You can calculate it on your own though:
Use dsr and raise the ingame resolution to the same amount of pixels you would use in the future (VR is a bit different), put in the settings you'd like to use and measure the fps.
Then you look for benchmarks, take the average gain in percentage and calculate your new, future fps.
If you need help with this just ask :)
Beware about the multipliers though.
Ingame resolution scale is both sides so 150% will be (x*1.5) * (y*1.5) = x*y*1.5*1.5 = x*y*2.25

Resulting in 2.25 times Pixel amount! And 200% therefore resulting in 4 times the amount of pixels!

Why I say this:
Dsr = tinkering with the driver etc
Ingame slider = calculating quite a bit but no tinkering
Thanks for the detailed info here. Good to know about the math. Will also look into what others’ configs are with ACC. The Unreal engine effects are so niceee and I just want to be able to experience that level of immersion with a solid grid of cars without turning things down on the settings side.

Thanks for the detailed info here. Good to know about the math. Will also look into what others’ configs are with ACC. The Unreal engine effects are so niceee and I just want to be able to experience that level of immersion with a solid grid of cars without turning things down on the settings side.
Be aware that a full grid with higher shadows settings will also kill the cpu. Depending on what you currently have a gpu alone won't fix things.
BTW I have a 1070 and 3440x1440 gsync. Mid to high settings and I can't go above 80 fps on track. With a full grid it's more around 65 fps...
A 1660 is around the same performance level so for high fps and 1440p you gonna need a 1080ti/2080.
And also an 8700k or better...
Very demanding game but I have to say I love that the fps are very consistent in all situations! Night, rain, sunshine, a mix of it, my gpu is always pretty much the same! Not like other games where you have everything from 160 fps down to 45 fps depending on the situation!

So I'm enjoying locked 60 fps without the tiniest hiccups :)

Be aware that a full grid with higher shadows settings will also kill the cpu. Depending on what you currently have a gpu alone won't fix things.
BTW I have a 1070 and 3440x1440 gsync. Mid to high settings and I can't go above 80 fps on track. With a full grid it's more around 65 fps...
A 1660 is around the same performance level so for high fps and 1440p you gonna need a 1080ti/2080.
And also an 8700k or better...
Very demanding game but I have to say I love that the fps are very consistent in all situations! Night, rain, sunshine, a mix of it, my gpu is always pretty much the same! Not like other games where you have everything from 160 fps down to 45 fps depending on the situation!

So I'm enjoying locked 60 fps without the tiniest hiccups :)
Okay cool. My i7 is exactly what you stated (see specs below). I set fps to max 60 in ACC settings since my monitor is only 60Hz. So I'm getting similar performance to you with the 1060 as my monitor is not as wide aspect as yours. Looking to also upgrade this to a 144Hz.

Alienware R7:
• Intel Core i7-8700
• 16GB memory/1TB HDD
• GTX 1060 GPU
• Dell 27" IPS 2560 x 1440 at 60 Hz.

There will be an SRO dedicated episode soon, we can get you the answers!

• Deleted member 387850

There will be an SRO dedicated episode soon, we can get you the answers!

Nice one Paul! Maybe there's already a place to do this in the podcast thread, but if we knew a podcast topic in advance perhaps you could gather some questions from the community? I'm sure we're all dying to know what @Celtic Pharaoh had for his breakfast on race day ;)

Just a thought!

I have bought my T500RS wheel with the T3PA pedals back in 2014, and I have immediately installed the brake mod which comes in the box. Always been happy with that setup and not an issue since then.

I am curious as whether you find using the T3PA Pro with the brake mod very different compared to a load cell brake pedal? And in general, how would you rate the T3PA Pro?

I have bought my T500RS wheel with the T3PA pedals back in 2014, and I have immediately installed the brake mod which comes in the box. Always been happy with that setup and not an issue since then.

I am curious as whether you find using the T3PA Pro with the brake mod very different compared to a load cell brake pedal? And in general, how would you rate the T3PA Pro?

It had a roughly similar travel distance and resistance to my own brake pedal, but it lacked the same ability to just ease off the pressure and adapt during trail braking etc. We were hitting 100% braking most of the time anyway as it was Monza in cars with ABS, but if I were racing a car without ABS at a more challenging track then I think I would have been in more trouble.

In stock form the T3PA Pros are...well, they are what they are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years