SRO E-Sport GT Series Live This Weekend: How to Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few questions that are actually on topic:
1. Is there a driver/entry list available ANYWHERE? I can't find anything but I'd like to know if there's someone I could root for to boost my enjoyment and also in which class that person drives.

2. Looking at the schedule, clicking on twitch.. What sessions are we in? It shows qualifying although all sessions should be long over and I should be watching replays.

3. Did I miss posts, announcements, threads where info is shared about these things? :x3:

edit: info dropped on the stream comments. Apparently right now Qualy, AM class. Any info about why it's 2.5 hours delayed? :)

There should be another thread titled "How NOT to watch" this thing, as it's on every damn page now. Who's brilliant idea was this? I understand you guys want to support Kunos, but this is going too far.

There should be another thread titled "How NOT to watch" this thing, as it's on every damn page now. Who's brilliant idea was this? I understand you guys want to support Kunos, but this is going too far.
Click on "hide player" and everything but a little banner are gone. For me, it keeps the "hide click" for the whole site :)

I did a bit of research and found these are the rigs that are being used:
https://www.sparco-official.com/en/gaming/full-bundle-gaming.html
Thanks for the link.
For the lazy people:
- 450€ rig
- 200€ monitor stand
- 500€ seat

- Thrustmaster TS-XW
- Samsung 49", 1080p version, 144 Hz Freesync Monitor (gsync compatible but might flicker)

PC on that rig:
- i7 9700k
- 2x 8GB 2400 MHz RAM
- MSI RTX 2070

And while I like the 'ingredients' I heard that the input lag is pretty bad.
So I guess they're running half refresh rate vsync or something...

If I'd buy a 4k simracing rig I would like to have adaptive sync working I have to say :cautious:
Either put an AMD card in there, a gsync ultrawide or make sure the gsync compatibility mode is working :thumbsup:

anyone have the latest info or results, plz? i'm an old chap and not constantly hooked up to my phone, using this forum for info. can someone plz do a copy paste job to keep the likes of me updated, would be very kind indeed. the game crashed? which semi-final was it? was it started over? or maybe some of the streams have already been tubified?

whew, their schedule must have really taken some nasty hits. 21.00 CET and just watched the last 10 minutes of the Am race live, so these are the people on site. Curious to see a) Blancpain real life driver Raffaele Marciello in P4 and Jack Keithley, who earlier took part in the pro category, in P5. Are people allowed to take several shots at glory? And how comes Marciello is so quick in a sim, is he a known sim-player like Nicki Thiim?

And how comes Marciello is so quick in a sim, is he a known sim-player like Nicki Thiim?
Racing is 90% racing skill, which doesn't matter if real life or simracing. Although I'd say going from the real thing to the sim will be the easier transition of course.
The 10% are getting used to the monitor etc. Or to the g-forces of course.

A real life driver that has never driven in a sim will have his problems, sure. But if they are at least familiar with it, they will always be fast right out of the box.
Especially with ACC becoming really really close to the real thing!

Last edited:
Hi Moritz, great of you to come on the Forums and share some info, enjoy the sunny weather and the finale, after the one other chap where I have name recognition (Jack K.) is out, I'll root for you, go go go!

1. Is there a driver/entry list available ANYWHERE? I can't find anything but I'd like to know if there's someone I could root for to boost my enjoyment and also in which class that person drives.

2. Looking at the schedule, clicking on twitch.. What sessions are we in? It shows qualifying although all sessions should be long over and I should be watching replays.

3. Did I miss posts, announcements, threads where info is shared about these things? :x3:

edit: info dropped on the stream comments. Apparently right now Qualy, AM class. Any info about why it's 2.5 hours delayed? :)

Yeah, again it would have been a huge help to have some background on who the drivers were.

I recognised Charles Brun, I raced with him quite a lot in ACC when ACC online worked enough to be able to complete races in it.

And it was nice to follow some of the drivers in the pro race who'd been online and chatted - it didn't go so well for Mertcan but Moritz had a good one.

I'd hoped for replays this time. Is a limitation of replays in ACC that you can only replay what you've already seen? There were several significant moments in the first 3 races where people in the all important top 4 positions dropped away but we never got any kind of replay showing what happened to them.

Like the game itself, the series is engaging and has potential, but is in dire need of refinement.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, @Chris Haye @Paul Jeffrey what we as viewers really need you to do is to go through the grid in the 6 minute wait time between quali and race.

Just like a real world broadcast, go through each position on the grid, describe the driver, their background, their path to the race etc.

Ideally, in the future, Kunos could add a 'grid walk' animation to the broadcast API so that during the wait time, each car on the grid is highlighted from front to back, giving the commentators the opportunity to focus on each participant in turn.

Not all viewers will be watching the whole broadcast and those who watch retrospectively may well just go for the start of the race.

Commentary appeared to start half way through the qualifying period for the last race and many viewers will have missed any descriptions and background of the drivers given at that almost random time.

A summary and introduction in the immediate period prior to the race start will ensure that most viewers will get the benefit of any research and background information you have to impart.

Guys the grand final will start in 15 minutes. Driver lineup in the opening post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%