• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured SRO E-Sport GT Series live from Spa-Francorchamps | Watch The Final Today

Discussion in 'SRO E-Sport GT Series' started by Bram Hengeveld, Jul 27, 2019.

1. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu

Ratings:
    +44
    I Agree...this shouldnt be alowed. It would make the race more immersive when every car that is available would bd choosed. I hope they dont have such a bad start like yesterday...this was a total joke.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +265
    I did not watch the race from the start so didn't know what was going on with all the Bentley, I'm now watching the catchup stream on twitch, it was said all the driver's thought the Bentley was the fastest car, so eleven drivers chose the Bentley, whilst the one single driver chose the Mercedes.

It is the SRO e sports GT series, which suppose to mirror the real world Blancpain GT Series, so it would make sense if all the other manufactures was allowed and not just the fastest cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu

Ratings:
    +44
    The second Place crashed into the first place right after the start on the Kammel straight which caused into a massive mass crash by the midfield. Because of that all the Bentleys was after the crash in front. It was really sad;)

4. ears

ears
    Listen, we're bona fide, we're not from London. Premium

Ratings:
    +506
    A lot of power cuts at Paul Ricard and Spa. No wonder they don't run Formula E there.

Didn't get past lap 1 of the first race I'm afraid.

Commentators who didn't know where the start / finish line was and then a massive incident taking the top 2 out on the Kemmel straight and one commentator's offering:

'Oh that's a shame. That's very, very ... bad'.

I'm out.

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    Premium

Ratings:
    +487
    Start/finish line for Spa can be confusing for endurance and sprint races etc. That accident on the kemmel, comical yes, but not out of the norm. It happens IRL and in simracing all the time. How were they supposed to react to it mate?

lol

Great job covering the event again @Paul Jeffrey @Chris Haye and RaceDepartment crew. Cant wait for 1.0.7

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu

Ratings:
    +44
    Sorry but that accident on the Kemmel was out of the norm;) in Sim Racing or even in Real. It was just a shame but like you said of course it can happen but its not the norm;) but I Agree with you about how the commentators had react. They also thought wtf;) but as a commentator you should stay polite and Paul and Chris do IMO an excellent job.

7. stormychel

stormychel
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    An ACC question: is the mess when navigating the menu in VR already solved? Do you still need a game controller?

8. Dux

Dux
    Premium

Ratings:
    +651
    It's a girl :D

9. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +188
    Perhaps the BoP needs looking at...

• Beer Beer x 1
  10. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,097
    Agree with all above complaining about Spa being Bentley only (and Paul Ricard being Lexus only and Monza having been Lambo only [though that was a different case]). The RD guys are totally not to blame, they got an unfinished game and had no chance of evaluating the BoP beforehand and once everyone realized the BoP might be ok over 10 tracks but not on one single track, it was too late. I bet for next season they are considering a) having grids of 24-28 and b) finding some clever way to get all the different brands and skins on track. I will actually start a thread with constructive ideas for next season right now, because ACC and RD can easily do better than 11 Bentleys and one lone AMG.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Asterix

Asterix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +188
    Doesn't help that these are individual races and not a season. You can simply pick the fastest car at that particular track. As you say, larger grids, can only choose one car for the whole season, points or prizes for manufacturer wins maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.