Ok, fair enough. Paul said during the stream that the winner would be announced on RD as did people who were in the chat.

Thanks for your feedback. We'll try and make the mechanic clearer next week. We thought it was quite simple but clearly not enough. Just to clarify, anyone who follows twitch RaceDepartment and commented before the graphic was displayed was entered in to the competition.

The intention was to have Paul announce the winner on air but due to the confusion at the end Paul didn't get our message and improvised.

Just to be clear, where the winner is contacted and where the winner is announced aren't the same thing. It was always out intention to announce the winner on as many places as possible, on air, on RD, on social media etc. But as per the rules the winner is contacted as soon as the graphic is displayed on twitch.

Thanks for your feedback. We'll try and make the mechanic clearer next week. We thought it was quite simple but clearly not enough. Just to clarify, anyone who follows twitch RaceDepartment and commented before the graphic was displayed was entered in to the competition.

The intention was to have Paul announce the winner on air but due to the confusion at the end Paul didn't get our message and improvised.

Just to be clear, where the winner is contacted and where the winner is announced aren't the same thing. It was always out intention to announce the winner on as many places as possible, on air, on RD, on social media etc. But as per the rules the winner is contacted as soon as the graphic is displayed on twitch.

There seemed to be a lot of wasted time spent in the Twitch chat during the event with people asking how the competition worked and when the graphic would be shown.

You could maybe improve the description below from the original competition announcement post by perhaps including an image of the graphic that will be appearing and if possible include within the Twitch stream a link to an explanation of how it works. I know it's not as easy as on YouTube but have a think about it. It all worked out fine in the end and someone got their prize but it just occurred to me that the 1,000 or so who were watching could have spent more time enjoying the event rather than focusing on how to enter the prize pool. And when you tweet about it include an image of the graphic that will show as well.

All you have to do is leave a comment during the live broadcast and follow the RaceDepartment Twitch channel before the in-race competition graphic appears!

Sorry I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, the stream overall was really good and having Martin there as well was a real coup on your part. I create tutorials for sims on my channel and the reason I do it is mainly when I notice something that isn't clear or I think people won't understand so you can forgive my intrusion as only trying to help.. plus I was kinda drooling over that 35" monitor :D

There seemed to be a lot of wasted time spent in the Twitch chat during the event with people asking how the competition worked and when the graphic would be shown.

You could maybe improve the description below from the original competition announcement post by perhaps including an image of the graphic that will be appearing and if possible include within the Twitch stream a link to an explanation of how it works. I know it's not as easy as on YouTube but have a think about it. It all worked out fine in the end and someone got their prize but it just occurred to me that the 1,000 or so who were watching could have spent more time enjoying the event rather than focusing on how to enter the prize pool. And when you tweet about it include an image of the graphic that will show as well.

All you have to do is leave a comment during the live broadcast and follow the RaceDepartment Twitch channel before the in-race competition graphic appears!

Sorry I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, the stream overall was really good and having Martin there as well was a real coup on your part. I create tutorials for sims on my channel and the reason I do it is mainly when I notice something that isn't clear or I think people won't understand so you can forgive my intrusion as only trying to help.. plus I was kinda drooling over that 35" monitor :D
Hey,

Mate, you're not a pain in the ass, far from it. This was our first time doing anything like this with the competition of this nature so there will be some things we need to improve. I am really glad to get the feedback. I have taken it all onboard and will implement something new for round 2, which by the way has another awesome prize.

If you have any more feedback feel free to message me directly, would love to hear it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%