SRO and why I feel like a Dunderhead

So here I am, looking forward to the British GT pack and finally getting to tackle Oulton Park on the physics engine I enjoy most (I have and have driven them all and ACC is my personal preference), and to finally do multiclass offline racing, when I get this strange impulse to study up on SRO.

I feel like it's something I should've known already, but it turns out that in all of the championships that SRO runs, only GT Asia and British GT do multiclass racing.

And now I feel like an idiot for complaining since day one of GT4 in ACC that one could not multiclass offline, and it makes far too much sense why it's finally making an appearance now. I'm also suddenly less critical of how crushingly rigid Kunos has been with their car sets and available formats per series.

So now that I've edumacated myself and admit to being wrong and that Kunos do in fact know what they're doing, I look forward to appreciating ACC a little more now beyond the driving feel.

That said, I hope they can find it within them to add the 18 remaining circuits (no, Nordschleife isn't among them) consisting of all the remaining championships as well as Magny Cours and Valencia for the existing European championship. Given the level of detail per track, I would be sad but not disappointed if they were unable to give us the full-fat SRO experience.

But in the spirit of the general sim racing community...

MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIP SAVES WHEN??? AI DRIVER SWAPS FOR ENDURANCE RACES WHEN???

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Last edited:
MC is in the GTWC 2021 season, so I'm pretty sure that will appear *sometime*. The other one would be 2020 Zandvoort which is effectively a new track, but one might think scan data is readily available for that... getting to it to get details, not so easy.

I just hope GTWC America survives long enough to give us some US tracks...

So here I am, looking forward to the British GT pack and finally getting to tackle Oulton Park on the physics engine I enjoy most (I have and have driven them all and ACC is my personal preference), and to finally do multiclass offline racing, when I get this strange impulse to study up on SRO.

I feel like it's something I should've known already, but it turns out that in all of the championships that SRO runs, only GT Asia and British GT do multiclass racing.

And now I feel like an idiot for complaining since day one of GT4 in ACC that one could not multiclass offline, and it makes far too much sense why it's finally making an appearance now. I'm also suddenly less critical of how crushingly rigid Kunos has been with their car sets and available formats per series.

So now that I've edumacated myself and admit to being wrong and that Kunos do in fact know what they're doing, I look forward to appreciating ACC a little more now beyond the driving feel.

That said, I hope they can find it within them to add the 18 remaining circuits (no, Nordschleife isn't among them) consisting of all the remaining championships as well as Magny Cours and Valencia for the existing European championship. Given the level of detail per track, I would be sad but not disappointed if they were unable to give us the full-fat SRO experience.

But in the spirit of the general sim racing community...

MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIP SAVES WHEN??? AI DRIVER SWAPS FOR ENDURANCE RACES WHEN???

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

I think there are actually more possible circuits than you listed that SRO races at.

GTWC Asia 2021 Circuits not included in ACC:

Sepang
Chang
Twin Ring Motegi
Shanghai
Zhuhai

GTWC America 2021 Circuits not included in ACC:

Sonoma
COTA
Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Virginia International
Road America
Watkins Glen
Indianapolis

GTWC Europe 2021 Circuits not included in ACC:

Magny-Cours
Valencia
Zandvoort (sort of new track)

GTWC Australia 2021 Circuits not included in ACC:

Phillip Island
The Bend
Sandown
(Round 4 of this championship is TBC which could mean an additional track)

FFSA GT4 France

Nogaro
Albi
Ledenon

Additionally there are other car classes as well including TCR (America and SRO/FIA Motorsports Games) and GT2 along with less likely options from SRO Motorsports Games which include Drifting, Formula 4 Cars, LMP3 Cars and Karting.

And now I feel like an idiot for complaining since day one of GT4 in ACC that one could not multiclass offline
While it is true that only select SRO series (or select events - see Bathurst 12hr) have multiple classes of cars racing I don't feel like that ever took away from the argument to add multiclass racing for singleplayer, and I said so when I criticised the omission.

When the multiplayer offered that functionality from the start (full Bathurst 12hr? No problem) and AC1 offered complete freedom for the makeup of your grid regardless of single- or multiplayer then that is a valid criticism.

The possibility of it being an issue of licensing/SRO having their say (multiplayer was no problem though) or simply development resources (AI? Was never an issue with AC1) is there but that doesn't make stating the fact that it didn't contain a feature of the predecessor sim (let alone competitor games) any less valid.

Really don't see how stating that ever amounted to "complaining" either.

Anyway, I'm happy that it has been added to ACC singleplayer, even just for British GT championship races.

Last edited:
The possibility of it being an issue of licensing/SRO having their say (multiplayer was no problem though) or simply development resources (AI? Was never an issue with AC1) is there but that doesn't make stating the fact that it didn't contain a feature of the predecessor sim (let alone competitor games) any less valid.
We don't know the contract with the SRO and/or other constraints of the project. I would at least say that they do not omit any features (that maybe weren't even planned from the beginning) just to pull or legs.

AC1 and other sims have nothing to do with ACC. AC1 and ACC are completey unrelated. Just because AC1 had "feature A" doesn't mean ACC has to have it as well..
And the competition is still on the market, rF2, R3E, AM2,.... Diversity is there.
Especially AC1 with SOL seems to have a large fanbase still.

Anyway, I'm happy that it has been added to ACC singleplayer, even just for British GT championship races.
It has been added for all tracks if you race under British GT envelope. So why the "even just"?

Last edited:
AC1 and other sims have nothing to do with ACC. AC1 and ACC are completey unrelated. Just because AC1 had "feature A" doesn't mean ACC has to have it as well..
When did it become so fashionable to argue against features such as singleplayer custom grids? Features that extend the life of the game? ACC doesn't have modding, so it could allow to get the most out of the existing content. Why argue against this? If the dev has a real block that prevents implementation other than "as designed", fair enough - but players arguing against other players having fun? Okay? Clearly nothing changed from half a year ago when I brought this up then.

What I stated in my previous comment stands. Clearly for multiplayer there seems to be no issue with allowing it. Argue over "ACC isn't other games" as you want, I could just point to feature parity between single- and multiplayer regardless.

It has been added for all tracks if you race under British GT envelope. So why the "even just"?
Because of the Bathurst 12hr, as I mentioned. You can make a GT3-GT4 multiclass race in multiplayer to replicate the real Bathurst 12 hour since the GT4 DLC released but you cannot in singleplayer. You may not agree with it but for me not having that full grid takes away from the challenge of that race.

Last edited:
@Epistolarius Well with age I tried to look at the good sides and enjoy what I have. :roflmao:

We could argue forever but it will not bring us to a point where we would be able to influence the features on ACC. There is no "argue against" or similar.

As I said we do not know the constraints and why things you or I like were not implemented. Doesn't make any sense to be too stubborn about it because we do not know all the details.
Maybe SP was developed with another mindset than MP. Having said that, at the beginning of the pandemic MP was developed further to cater for "official" races and stuff.
Even custom liveries were allowed to some point (although not straight forward).

I am not arguing against custom grids or other features btw. I am just accepting and enjoying things Iget from the game. I would just encourage you to maybe think about this. :thumbsup:

Well with age I tried to look at the good sides and enjoy what I have. :roflmao:
(...)
I am not arguing against custom grids or other features btw. I am just accepting and enjoying things Iget from the game. I would just encourage you to maybe think about this. :thumbsup:
Yeah, that's great! Enjoy the game. Be happy if the game suits you perfectly and needs little to no improvement. I'm happy if ACC does well with people, honestly.

It certainly isn't my intention to sour your (or anyone else's) enjoyment of the game but also, as far as I am concerned, nobody takes anything away from you (or anyone else) by discussing the way of implementation or lack thereof of certain features.

Maybe SP was developed with another mindset than MP. Having said that, at the beginning of the pandemic MP was developed further to cater for "official" races and stuff.
I got the impression that MP took precedence over SP from day one of Early Access - and that impression did not change since. Of course I can understand the reasoning behind it, with esports and increased connection to SRO series especially in these times, though that certainly doesn't help me as an almost exclusively SP player.

However I absolutely acknowledge that Kunos improved many aspects of what once was to my mind an extremely barebone experience even compared to AC1, which was hardly trailblazing in that regard. It is good to see the improvements. But...

As I said we do not know the constraints and why things you or I like were not implemented. Doesn't make any sense to be too stubborn about it because we do not know all the details.
Believe me, I'll always give the devs the benefit of the doubt as they cannot do everything at once even if they wanted to. I understand that developing games is very difficult and inevitably there will be compromises.

Still, call it stubborn or whatever, I see absolutely nothing wrong with establishing what I see as ugly blemishes in an otherwise really good racing sim. I can thank and congratulate the devs for continued support and making one of the best racing sims of all time and still be conscious and open-minded enough to equally offer constructive crictism and point out the (thankfully increasingly fewer) less well done aspects of the sim. And I don't agree with OP calling themselves an idiot, for reasons stated.

Anyway, take care, stay healthy, have fun racing. I primarily wanted to make one response to OP, not have lengthy arguments about the same things over and over again. I have heard these points many a time. Well, I respect that but I have a different view.

Last edited:
I think there are actually more possible circuits than you listed that SRO races at.

GTWC Asia 2021 Circuits not included in ACC:

Sepang
Chang
Twin Ring Motegi
Shanghai
Zhuhai

GTWC America 2021 Circuits not included in ACC:

Sonoma
COTA
Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Virginia International
Road America
Watkins Glen
Indianapolis

GTWC Europe 2021 Circuits not included in ACC:

Magny-Cours
Valencia
Zandvoort (sort of new track)

GTWC Australia 2021 Circuits not included in ACC:

Phillip Island
The Bend
Sandown
(Round 4 of this championship is TBC which could mean an additional track)

FFSA GT4 France

Nogaro
Albi
Ledenon

Additionally there are other car classes as well including TCR (America and SRO/FIA Motorsports Games) and GT2 along with less likely options from SRO Motorsports Games which include Drifting, Formula 4 Cars, LMP3 Cars and Karting.
If we get any of the aussie tracks I would be super happy since Iracing phillip island feels wrong and sandown is only mods aswell as the bend and the 4th round might be bathurst

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back