SRM Fanatec Emulator vs. Podium Hub?

Ruttman98

Premium
I need either an SRM Fanetec Emulator or a Podium Hub to adapt a vintage 350mm Racemark wheel and a smaller Longacre 11-in wheel to my Fanatec CSW 2.5 wheelbase. I do not have immediate plans to add paddle shifters or buttons, but would like to keep those options open

Purchased with a QR, the SRM is USD $212; Podium Hub is $200 and is only available with a QR.

SRM Emulator Pros:

1) Thinner profile than Podium Hub. This is important because the Racemark wheel requires a 1/2-in adaptor to bolt the MOMO/Sparco/OMP 70mm PCM.

2) Ability to purchase without Fanatec QR makes initial investment cheaper.

3) Simon and other vendors make a plate to which paddle shifters can be added.

Podium Hub Pros:

1) Genuine Fanatec product should be most compatible going forward if keeping within their ecosystem, i.e., upgrade to CSL DD or Podium DDs.

2) Adding Fanatec paddle shifters and/or button modules easier and cleaner.

Has anyone used BOTH products? Did you have a preference for either one?

If you purchased the SRM Emulator over the Podium Hub, or vice versa, which factors influenced your decision?

I couldn't wait for an answer--decided to order the Podium Hub since my birthday is coming up and I couldn't be sure how long it would take to ship. USD $200 + $12.48 shipping + state sales tax = $221.

I am now curious about the Fanatec static paddle shifters. Has anyone used or modified these? They don't appear to be magnetic switches. I am curious about tactile wheel / size. I plan to use 360mm and 11-in steering wheels.

Upvote 0
I couldn't wait for an answer--decided to order the Podium Hub since my birthday is coming up and I couldn't be sure how long it would take to ship. USD $200 + $12.48 shipping + state sales tax = $221.

I am now curious about the Fanatec static paddle shifters. Has anyone used or modified these? They don't appear to be magnetic switches. I am curious about tactile wheel / size. I plan to use 360mm and 11-in steering wheels.
I personally have never used the static paddle shifters however I have the magnetic paddle shifters and they are great. They are fully supported by the podium hub and come in at the same price point. So I could highly recommend them if that helps at all. They come with two different sized paddles and extension arms so you can use on various sized rims.

Upvote 0
I personally have never used the static paddle shifters however I have the magnetic paddle shifters and they are great. They are fully supported by the podium hub and come in at the same price point. So I could highly recommend them if that helps at all. They come with two different sized paddles and extension arms so you can use on various sized rims.

Thank you for your input. I will be adding paddle shifters at some point and the Fanatec paddles are my leading contender for use with the Podium Hub.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back