SRM Fanatec conversion kit, display/rev light lag

MrGit@Twitch

Premium
Got this on my formula carbon fitted to my Accuforce V2 and I've noticed with ACC and AMS the rev lights and display lag behind the game.

Raceroom / AC are fine, going to run through the rest tomorrow to confirm, but has anyone else encountered this or have pointer to help?

Tried both fanaleds and slimax with the same result too.

Here's a short vid of what i get, it does seem from the 1st few seconds it's in sync but then progressively lags.

https://streamable.com/kqmox

AMS/ACC defiantly do it, iRacing/DR/AC/PC2/R3E are all ok it seem from a brief load up and revving the engine. I know it's not a total deal breaker, but it's just a pain knowing it's there and especially for people watching my Twitch streams when the wheel cam shows it all dancing like a madman.

Upvote 0
Here's a short vid of what i get, it does seem from the 1st few seconds it's in sync but then progressively lags.

https://streamable.com/kqmox

AMS/ACC defiantly do it, iRacing/DR/AC/PC2/R3E are all ok it seem from a brief load up and revving the engine. I know it's not a total deal breaker, but it's just a pain knowing it's there and especially for people watching my Twitch streams when the wheel cam shows it all dancing like a madman.

That is the same thing I had but with the difference that Fanaleds fixed it for me. I would email that to SRM and see what they have to say. They are gone for Christmas vacation now but I would bet you will here from them shortly after they get back. May take some time for them to catch up on things though.

A bit later on:
I am sorry. I have the exact same issue with ACC and AMS with or without Fanaleds. Same setup AFv2 and a converted Fanatec Formula. Not sure how I missed it before. Hmm....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am going to try and flash the older software/firmware on to the Teensy and see if that makes any difference. I will post my findings on here unless someone else has a solution.

Are you having any trouble with your encoder by chance? Mine is a bit flaky but to be honest I think it was acting up before I installed the conversion.

Upvote 0
I am going to try and flash the older software/firmware on to the Teensy and see if that makes any difference. I will post my findings on here unless someone else has a solution.

Are you having any trouble with your encoder by chance? Mine is a bit flaky but to be honest I think it was acting up before I installed the conversion.

Nope, everything apart from this issue is fine.

Already emailed Simon with that vid, so he's aware and going to look into it once he's back. :)

Upvote 0
Mine does the same. I just disable the display in whatever sim I am using. As a VR user it doesn't make the slightest difference. It did bother me however when I was on my screen a little while after I built the OSW so it would be nice if there is a reason for it and a way to fix it. Fanaleds gave me some issues with the OSW and I haven't used it since. In hindsight it may have been other things that contributed to my issues but since moving to VR once again I've not bothered to solve it.

You're in good hands with Simon, by the way.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years