SRH Sliding Static T500 SLI Mounting Preview

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
SRH or are soon to release a new mounting for Thrustmaster's popular T500 wheel and based on the already popular 'static' mount that was designed to offer easy fitment of a Leo Bodnar SLI unit to the wheel whilst saving USB lead issues with the non-moving paddles.

The new V2 Static Mount has a 'sliding' top section that easily allows users to rapidly alter the unit so it fits with both the original T500 GT wheel and the F1 addon wheel with no fuss!

For more information about SR Hardware products visit our official forum or website.

[youtube]
View the Post on the Blog

I wonder why they didn't/couldn't make this beauty compatible on all three platforms like the Fanatec Elite. I love my Elite, but this would have been a wheel I might have gone for instead if it had xbox compatibility.
With the Elite able to work with all three platforms it surprises me that it not more than $540. I sure would like to know what kept them from making it for the xbox as well. I mean if Fanatec could do it, I wonder what stood in the way, if anything. It would be so interesting to know all the logistics behind these huge decisions, that can mean millions.
Sorry, for being off topic, I just was admiring the wheel and got to thinking. :rolleyes:

Maybe it'd be cheaper to import it, Roberto? It's like 400-500€ in France, for example. Add shipping you'll pay 600-700€ max, I guess.
When i buy, im going to import. The price here is more than 1K usd. The problem is not only the BRL to USD or EUR convertion. 1 USD is around 2 BRL and 1 Euro is around 2.60.
Problem is taxes here, 60% import taxes and 78% if i use a courier like Fedex/UPS, and most of the time they add the shipping price to tax calculation also. So with luck and buying it for 700usd (shipping included) + 60% = 1120usd. Probably the best price for me.
In brazilian real its R$2.240, but much better than a seller here, its around R$2.400.
Yeah, the brazilian government don't like us citizens to have fun! lol
My only regret is that i had the money and didn't bought it on January this year, it was much cheaper, i still have Amazon's email.

Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
by Thrustmaster VG

List Price: $599.00
Price: $381.85
You Save: $217.15 (36%)

Too bad is around 500usd again :cry:

When i buy, im going to import. The price here is more than 1K usd. The problem is not only the BRL to USD or EUR convertion. 1 USD is around 2 BRL and 1 Euro is around 2.60.
Problem is taxes here, 60% import taxes and 78% if i use a courier like Fedex/UPS, and most of the time they add the shipping price to tax calculation also. So with luck and buying it for 700usd (shipping included) + 60% = 1120usd. Probably the best price for me.
In brazilian real its R$2.240, but much better than a seller here, its around R$2.400.
Yeah, the brazilian government don't like us citizens to have fun! lol
My only regret is that i had the money and didn't bought it on January this year, it was much cheaper, i still have Amazon's email.

Thrustmaster T500RS Racing Wheel
by Thrustmaster VG

List Price: $599.00
Price: $381.85
You Save: $217.15 (36%)

Too bad is around 500usd again :cry:

Right...I remember that some companies produce their stuff in Brazil to avoid the import taxes but man, that's some crazy figures.

Right...I remember that some companies produce their stuff in Brazil to avoid the import taxes but man, that's some crazy figures.
Real crazy! :devilish:
Every entertainment company complains about brazilian taxes, and citizens like me too. But... well, i don't see this changing soon.
Got my G27 for around 400usd, but it was well worth.
Now i need some luck to get a discount like this one above from Amazon.

But, in theory, someone could buy it for you and send it as a gift - that wouldn't trigger import taxes, right? :)

Sometimes it works. Im not sure because of the price. At least almost all the things i buy at 150-100 usd or less have no problem, but for the wheel, im not sure. Big price, big package. Luck is a big factor here! :roflmao:
Next year i'll definetely find a way to get this wheel! :ninja:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing