SR Hardware | Official Support Thread

Brian Clancy

Premium
First of all, I would like to thank Racedepartment for allowing us this forum and for their kind help.

Simracinghardware.com or SR Hardware is a new company making cutting edge hardware utilising the very best technology, designs and materials along with skilled hand finishing to make truly special products. But more than this, we aim to provide approachable, quality customer service to back up our products.

dominator1.jpg

Our partners list include Symprojects (we are the only official Symprojects fixture manufacturer) ARC-Team, GT Omega Race Simulators, Simracn wheels and more!
We are also soon to provide other products from numerous manufacturers and a D.I.Y. builders parts shop as well as a wide range of fully built and kit form products of our own. We aim to use this forum to give product support to customers and to help answer questions about our products.

2Fana1.jpg eliminator.jpg
Monsta1.jpg GI-Max3.jpg

Thank you :)

SRHsmall.png

Attachments

• SRHsmall.jpg
    SRHsmall.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 433
I guess that question was directed to me, if so then you bet :) Already have 3 which i'm waiting for to ship out.

1 -> http://www.zroso.com/index/

2 -> http://simracnwheels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=35

3- > http://www.cannonsimulationtechnologies.com/user/cimage/CST-3R-with-Floor-Brackets.JPG

I'll probably end up having so many buttons to push with the boxes / gauges you guys will be providing that i can safely throw my keyboard out the window :) The obutto can atleast for now, hold 2 of the SLI-Button boxes (judging from the pic on the website) aswell as the Formula Pro Dominator!

Will post a pic once everything is up and running.. It's like christmas, only better!

Was initally going to buy performance parts for my real life car but then it got me thinking why not just slap on a pair of wheels on the obutto with a mini CC-Motor..
:eek:

Upvote 0
This is a review of the heel/toe spacers kindly given to me by Simracinghardware.com to test for the Logitech G25 (although SRH will be making these for pretty much any pedal setup). They are the first part of a total kit - hence the part 1 title. Part two will be an offset to move the pedal left and right (much like what you can do on the G27).

I should at this point mention why I am doing this. I heel toe, with most mods that used/use such a method in real life. That includes 1980s F1 mods, WTM, DRM, and so on. With the current, default G25 setup, when you press the brake pedal, to get your foot accross in a heel/toe action to blip the throttle is difficult as the brake is too far depressed. A secondary problem is that the brake is too far from the throttle. Both of these mean that, after several hours of heel/toeing, I have a blister on my foot and a stiff ankle. Indeed, there is a patch of toughened skin on my foot from performing this action.

Anyway, on to the product. The purpose is to adjust the height of the pedals from each other and from the floor. These were a prototype set, but very close to final spec, which would cost £20 altogether (£18.50 plus shipping). Considering Sim Racing Hardware's reputation, I was expecting good quality. However, what I got exceeded even those expectations. First of all, I received a parcel which contained an alan key, 8 high quality bolts of various lengths (you get a spare set of each length), 6x 3mm spacers and 2x 1mm spacers, made of acrylic.

I have to say that the bolts are a significant improvement in terms of quality on the basic Logitech ones, which seem to be secured with loctite and torqued up to a low level. One was actually loose on the pedals themselves when I went to unscrew them, which surprised me - I wondered at first if the thread on the pedals had gone, but the new bolts torqued up fine. The acrylic used is colour coded to show the different thicknesses, and is firm, yet light, so will not stress the pedals too much.pedal2.jpg
SRH sent me a basic instruction guide over the internet but to be honest, a monkey could figure this one out, it's that simple. Unscrew two bolts, take the pedal plate off, put in as many spacers as you like, replace plate, place bolt through and tighten. The spacers sit nicely into the back section of the pedal, and don't move around at all once secured, since the holes drilled into them are a nice fit and perfect distance apart (no re-drilling necessary!). Took me 3 minutes to change the bolts and add some spacers.With a little tweaking (4 different spacer settings, each taking 3 minutes to complete), I finally settled on bringing the brake pedal up by 13mm, using 4 of the 3mm spacers, and 1 of the 1mm spacers.

You can have up to 20mm of spacing, although I found that to be excessive and my foot was being forced the other way, but you can have increments of 1mm all the way to 20mm with this kit. A secondary usage might be to bring the pedals up from the floor slightly when fully depressed if you have extra large feet, and find that you end up using the middle of your foot at full braking rather than the ball, as it should be.pedal1.jpg
It took me about a lap to adjust to the brake being slightly higher than before - I kept being surprised that I had to lift my foot slightly more than before to get to the brake. However, the difference is remarkable, in that, I don't notice any pain, blistering... actually, it feels more comfortable, and I don't have to worry about my feet at all anymore. Once the mod is in place, you completely forget about it, and I am able to concentrate better as a result. What is most brilliant, though, is that it feels more natural.

I still need the pedal to be offset to the right, to get closer to the accelerator, but that modification will come in part two.Best still, the alan key is still useable! It's not a disposable one, like most others that you get in packs such as these, which is an added bonus, considering there may come a time when I need to sell the pedals on, or I want to play around with the adjustment by a mill or two - I don't need to go searching for a new alan key.My only concern is that with the pedal slightly higher, you do get more leverage from side to side, should you brake with a lot of sideways pressure. I never have done, I always press the brake with no sideways movement, but you may do if you have a dodgy seating position, or have to have the pedal box offset for some reason. My brake pedal rocks anyway by a couple mill, either from heavy heavy use - I have no idea how many laps I have done with them, but lots is the answer - or they came like that.

Most of you will not be such a heavy user on your pedals; neither do I know if they rocked when I first bought my G25 (which was second hand to begin with), so I don't see it being an issue unless you are a daily user, like me.Having used them for over a week now, they are still in perfect condition when I took them off to inspect. The bolts were still just as tight as when I did them up (which was, in hindsight, probably too tight. The bolt heads didn't round off when I couldn't undo them at first with the alan key, which is a bonus. God knows why I tightened them so tight.) To put the pedals back to their original state would take 3 minutes, tops. It really is that simple.

Basically, I highly recommend this simple mod, since it has improved my experience of heel/toeing no end. If you have a G25 and heel/toe, want to learn to heel/toe or feel you could do with adjusting the position of your pedals anyway (the spacers are compatible with all three pedals) then this kit really is definitely worth it - it's a low cost, not very time-consuming modification that is discreet, high-quality and well designed. Kudos to Sim Racing Hardware!To get the full use of the spacers, I will need to get the offset plates to fully complete the heel/toe kit, which should be coming soon. Stay tuned!

To discuss SimRacingHardware.com's and many other suppliers simracing gear head over to our Sim Racing Hardware Forum.

The pedal kits are available for purchase at this link.

Upvote 0
This is very interesting to me:good:. Thank you for this review as I would like to be able to heal n toe, but find it impossible to without having to think about getting my foot across the current gap etc. I'd love to drive the WTCC beemer in Race On more as it really drives better with heel n toeing and it is something I tried to do when practicing for WV8S, but I would make mistakes too often with the current setup. Looking forward to part 2.

Upvote 0
I had one of the early one he sold. I liked it very much, but unfortunately now I switched to G27 pedals (I still have a G25 wheel) mounted upside down and the kit no longer works for me. I would love it if there was an adapter that allowed me to use this kit on the G27 pedals as I need to adjust something since my H&T is very unnatural right now and only rarely I can manage a good one. Most of the time in order to reach the gas pedal I have to reduce pressure on the bakes turning it into a jerking motion. It's nice that the G27 pedals are adjustable, but only laterally.

Upvote 0
I have done a very similar mod myself, raising the brake & clutch pedals by about 20-25 mm. However, the throttle pedal became even harder to reach during the blip with the edge of my right foot. So, unless you have big feet you may need to do something about that as well.

Upvote 0
Hi Bradley :)

The unit is now boxed, so it can just stand/sit on a desk / rig etc, but we are looking at other mounting options too. Follow us on Twitter @SimRacingHW for regular product updates or facebook.com/SRHardware We are working very hard to get this unit finished as alot of people want it, but we wont rush the job, got to get it right :)

Thanks for your patience

Brian

Upvote 0
Just a quick sneeky peek of some rather nice formula wheels we received recently, the wheel plate is just a standard G25 one, we will be making something rather special for these SPA wheels ;) More info soon :)

wheel1.jpgwheel2.jpgwheel3.jpg

Upvote 0
We are working on some VERY CLEVER paddle shifters and clutch paddles ;) They will also incorporate next generation displays some really cool control options and more. The wheel plate in the pics is just one of our standard G25 units, these wheels will come with the option of far more complex and powerful controls and wheel plates......... We will divulge more soon, once we have the current W.I.P. products like the dominator completed and in production :)

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 17730

I'm so excited for this. Would it only fit SPA wheels or other wheels as well? :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back