SR Hardware | Official Support Thread

Brian Clancy

Premium
First of all, I would like to thank Racedepartment for allowing us this forum and for their kind help.

Simracinghardware.com or SR Hardware is a new company making cutting edge hardware utilising the very best technology, designs and materials along with skilled hand finishing to make truly special products. But more than this, we aim to provide approachable, quality customer service to back up our products.

dominator1.jpg

Our partners list include Symprojects (we are the only official Symprojects fixture manufacturer) ARC-Team, GT Omega Race Simulators, Simracn wheels and more!
We are also soon to provide other products from numerous manufacturers and a D.I.Y. builders parts shop as well as a wide range of fully built and kit form products of our own. We aim to use this forum to give product support to customers and to help answer questions about our products.

2Fana1.jpg eliminator.jpg
Monsta1.jpg GI-Max3.jpg

Thank you :)

SRHsmall.png

Attachments

• SRHsmall.jpg
    SRHsmall.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 433
Q9wPo.jpg

Not perfect but that's the fastest solution. I'll replace the wooden plate with a metal piece etc. - for now it's ok. I can't see the lap times and race position when I'm using the GT rim, tho. It's fine with the F1 rim. :D

I'll make a video of it soon, once my mate brought his GoPro camera into work. :D

Upvote 0
I'm currently trying to create config files for all the games I'm playing and thought it might be a bright idea to share them on here. A small description should help in case anyone is looking for configs. I'll add more files soon, working Sunday - Wednesday and installed the display on Saturday evening.

Some files might basically be the same and have different names so that you can have a profile for each game that you can edit and customize. Download them through right click -> Save As. Enjoy!

Game: rFactor2
SimDash: 1.3.6
Modules: Speed, position, fuel, fastest lap, gear.
RPM LED: Sequential, blinking at high RPM.
Notes: Fuel displayed in litres / kilograms.

Game: F1 2011
Modules: Speed, laps, throttle (how much you apply in %), current lap time, gear.
RPM LED: Blocks, green @ 8000 - red @ 12000 - blue @ 17800, not blinking at high RPM.
Notes: Throttle display might help you to check how close to the edge you are.

Game: SHIFT 2
Modules: Speed, position, gear.
RPM LED: Blocks, green @ 6000 - red @ 8000 - blue @ 11500, not blinking at high RPM.
Notes: That's all you can display in SHIFT2, yep.

Game: Race07
Modules: Speed, position, fuel, fastest lap, gear.
RPM LED: Sequential, blinking at high RPM.
Notes: Fuel displayed in litres / kilograms. Should work in GTR Evolution as well.

Upvote 0
F1 2011 file has been posted, working like a charm. Sadly, F1 2011 makes it impossible to make the LEDs blink. I thus set the RPM to 17800, so that if the blue LEDs light up it's more or less in the critical zone and you'll want to shift.

Also added SHIFT2 & Race07 ones. Race07 one is the same as the rFactor 2 one but I like to have profiles for each game, so that I can easily customize the display per game.

Upvote 0
Also, I noticed something that's probably related to the SymDash software - it seems to round figures up.

I just gave it a spin in F1 2011 (the first real one, the one before was like 2 or 3 laps) after the qualifying...incidentally the next race in career mode is in Hungary as well, so I started the qualifying. It went pretty well and I crossed the line around 5.5 seconds quicker than the polesitter in the real race of 2012.

However, the Monsta displayed 1:15.598 instead of the 1:15.597 the game UI had shown - so I must've driven a time in between 1:15.5975 and 1:15.5979 and the game API adjusted it upwards, I believe. The game UI counted it in my favour, the game API (which is forwarding the data to SymDash on port 20777) didn't count it in my favour - odd.

Other than that, it's awesome. It adds so much immersion to the game. Just sad I can't let it display the current lap time and gap to the car behind me, then I wouldn't need the OSD at all.

Upvote 0
Is it normal that F1 2011 does a full reset of all data when you enter the pits during a race? I.e. you're leading and your fastest lap is 1:00.000. Said data will reset upon leaving the pits and your position is being shown as "00", the fastest lap will be the next lap and the old data is overwritten. It's like a completely new session, fastest lap wise.

Upvote 0
Hi Tom

It seems the API on F12011 is almost hopeless! In all the major sims (simbin/rF1/rF2/iRacing etc) it behaves perfectly. all this is down to the poor quality of the data output from the game. To be fair, its really a game that was made for consoles and ported, so its quite good it does send data...

Any of the other sims would have been better for a review as it makes the unit look a little poor...

Upvote 0
Hi Tom

It seems the API on F12011 is almost hopeless! In all the major sims (simbin/rF1/rF2/iRacing etc) it behaves perfectly. all this is down to the poor quality of the data output from the game. To be fair, its really a game that was made for consoles and ported, so its quite good it does send data...

Any of the other sims would have been better for a review as it makes the unit look a little poor...

I know it's the API, no worries. I thought I made myself clear on that (clarified the wording even more a few minutes ago) in the review (and said that RF2 is perfectly fine) and, because it's a very popular game, wanted to use a game that's played by lots and lots of players. :)

Just thought there might be a workaround for that.

Upvote 0
Hi Tom

Wasn't complaining, just that game doesn't show the unit off very well. Unfortunately its not something that can be 'worked on' we would love it if more sim/games had better data output (or even just SOME data output lol) but the next generation of sims/games are working on sending more data in better quality so it will improve :) I was supprised just how poor the API is in that game tho...... Its one of the few we didnt test, but I will get a copy and look and see IF anything can be improved, but honestly I cant see it :S

Upvote 0
Hi Tom

Wasn't complaining, just that game doesn't show the unit off very well. Unfortunately its not something that can be 'worked on' we would love it if more sim/games had better data output (or even just SOME data output lol) but the next generation of sims/games are working on sending more data in better quality so it will improve :) I was supprised just how poor the API is in that game tho...... Its one of the few we didnt test, but I will get a copy and look and see IF anything can be improved, but honestly I cant see it :S

I don't know if SimDash has any support for custom timeouts but if it has, one could disallow the software from completely purging the data it's currently holding. Ah well, I'm still in love. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back