Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
So, despite my bad driving I had a lot of fun yesterday nonetheless.
But the unpredictable handling change from one moment to the other made me struggling and caused most of the mistakes I made.
It felt as if the car overheats tires from one moment to the other. I mean after a long straight it should not happen under braking for the next corner than... This is somehow a bit wrong. Some cars in AMS2 show that behavior, others do not. Hope they fix this one day.

Anyway,looking forward to the GT1 race next week. They are mental and fun and predictable!!

Cheers Guys

But the unpredictable handling change from one moment to the other made me struggling and caused most of the mistakes I made.
Same here. In practice the car felt fine but after a few laps of racing it felt like I was driving in the wet. Then grip would return, presumably because I'd slowed down and cooled the tyres, then it'd disappear again as I started pushing. Understandable behaviour perhaps, but not to that extreme on a car like this. (As an aside, they really need to get the tyre temps working on the HUD widget. Don't get why they don't, since they used to in early builds!)

Someone (Mark?) mentioned a change in physics and that's definitely true too. We used these at Curvelo in the early days of the AMS 2 club, and it was perfect for these grippy little cars back then. That track has far more corners (and therefore tyre overheating opportunities) than Donington and there were no issues, so they've definitely been tweaked.

Regardless, the racing was good fun and it was an enjoyable evening, and that's all that really matters! :thumbsup:

Same here. In practice the car felt fine but after a few laps of racing it felt like I was driving in the wet. Then grip would return, presumably because I'd slowed down and cooled the tyres, then it'd disappear again as I started pushing. Understandable behaviour perhaps, but not to that extreme on a car like this. (As an aside, they really need to get the tyre temps working on the HUD widget. Don't get why they don't, since they used to in early builds!)

Someone (Mark?) mentioned a change in physics and that's definitely true too. We used these at Curvelo in the early days of the AMS 2 club, and it was perfect for these grippy little cars back then. That track has far more corners (and therefore tyre overheating opportunities) than Donington and there were no issues, so they've definitely been tweaked.

Regardless, the racing was good fun and it was an enjoyable evening, and that's all that really matters! :thumbsup:
That's quite interesting, I had that same impression and need for some 'tweaks', so I created 2 simhub overlays to help, one that gives some extra visibility on the REV limiter and one that shows tires temp:

As the game already has all that data, and it's quite simple I think eventually more stuff will come to the HUD.

Last edited:
As the game already has all that data, and it's quite simple I think eventually more stuff will come to the HUD.
Yeah, Reiza have mentioned that it's mainly a placeholder for something more advanced later on. They had to throw something together just before the EA release, since the beta version's HUD was still using assets left over from PCars 2. (The files are still in the game last I checked, but I had no luck enabling them a few months back. Impossible now I think, since the introduction of CRC checks.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%