EU Sprint Race Car @ Donington GP - Tue 12 Jan 2021

acidburn82uk

I run the AMS2 Club here
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Jun 25, 2017
Sprint Race.png

Welcome to the AMS 2 racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from complete rookies to seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then please don't hesitate to ask here or on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server:
Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment Racing Club - EU
Class: Sprint Car
Track: Donington GP

Tuesday 12/01/21
Practice:
20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race 1: 20:45 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 21:05 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:10 UTC (20 minutes)

[Sprint Car] - 30 Slots
  1. acidburn82uk (STEAM: Mark Riddell)
  2. Daniel R.
  3. max1966i
  4. Des Bain
  5. PurgerUK
  6. Andrew Leach
  7. Kryztov
  8. slemke
  9. Steve Le Gallez
  10. Goffik
  11. Mark E Taylor (sevenbelow7)

Last edited:
Reactions: Goffik

acidburn82uk

I run the AMS2 Club here
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Jun 25, 2017
Additional Information

1) When signing up you must post your Steam ID, so that we know who is who.

2) You must ensure that you have read and understood our Racing Club Rules before signing up. Ignorance is no excuse.

3) Do not click the Exit button at the end of qualifying. Just wait for the host to advance the session.

4) You must manually confirm that you are ready before the timer preceding the race ends or you will be automatically DQ'd.

5) If the event uses a two race format, you will be returned to the lobby after race one. Simply head back to the track and there will be a five minute "super-pole" followed by race two.

6) We strongly advise the use of Crew Chief, an app which gives you a spotter during races. This will provide audio cues when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing the frequency of unnecessary incidents.

Daniel R.

500RPM
Premium
Sep 9, 2016
So, despite my bad driving I had a lot of fun yesterday nonetheless.
But the unpredictable handling change from one moment to the other made me struggling and caused most of the mistakes I made.
It felt as if the car overheats tires from one moment to the other. I mean after a long straight it should not happen under braking for the next corner than... This is somehow a bit wrong. Some cars in AMS2 show that behavior, others do not. Hope they fix this one day.

Anyway,looking forward to the GT1 race next week. They are mental and fun and predictable!!

Cheers Guys

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
But the unpredictable handling change from one moment to the other made me struggling and caused most of the mistakes I made.
Same here. In practice the car felt fine but after a few laps of racing it felt like I was driving in the wet. Then grip would return, presumably because I'd slowed down and cooled the tyres, then it'd disappear again as I started pushing. Understandable behaviour perhaps, but not to that extreme on a car like this. (As an aside, they really need to get the tyre temps working on the HUD widget. Don't get why they don't, since they used to in early builds!)

Someone (Mark?) mentioned a change in physics and that's definitely true too. We used these at Curvelo in the early days of the AMS 2 club, and it was perfect for these grippy little cars back then. That track has far more corners (and therefore tyre overheating opportunities) than Donington and there were no issues, so they've definitely been tweaked.

Regardless, the racing was good fun and it was an enjoyable evening, and that's all that really matters! :thumbsup:

slemke

S.R.Lemke
Premium
Mar 28, 2020
Same here. In practice the car felt fine but after a few laps of racing it felt like I was driving in the wet. Then grip would return, presumably because I'd slowed down and cooled the tyres, then it'd disappear again as I started pushing. Understandable behaviour perhaps, but not to that extreme on a car like this. (As an aside, they really need to get the tyre temps working on the HUD widget. Don't get why they don't, since they used to in early builds!)

Someone (Mark?) mentioned a change in physics and that's definitely true too. We used these at Curvelo in the early days of the AMS 2 club, and it was perfect for these grippy little cars back then. That track has far more corners (and therefore tyre overheating opportunities) than Donington and there were no issues, so they've definitely been tweaked.

Regardless, the racing was good fun and it was an enjoyable evening, and that's all that really matters! :thumbsup:
That's quite interesting, I had that same impression and need for some 'tweaks', so I created 2 simhub overlays to help, one that gives some extra visibility on the REV limiter and one that shows tires temp:

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
I created 2 simhub overlays to help, one that gives some extra visibility on the REV limiter and one that shows tires temp
That's good work mate, I'm sure people will benefit from it. :) Unfortunately I race in VR, so I'm restricted to the HUD provided by the sim! :(

Reactions: acidburn82uk

slemke

S.R.Lemke
Premium
Mar 28, 2020
As the game already has all that data, and it's quite simple I think eventually more stuff will come to the HUD.

Last edited: