RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Matt Crouch

woop. Some fun events.

First car was the hardest to handle and on a track I'd never tried before, quite tricky to remember the line with so many slow corners :wink2:. I think we all swapped places a few times in the race. Got to the final lap, final corner, coming on to the straight.... bam into the tyre barrier. Just wasn't paying enough attention... lost at least one front wheel and my race was over... vombl [volvo on my bed laughing]. Was in 7th or 8th before crossing the finish anyway I think.

In the FBMW I managed to sneak 4th place in quali and ended up third by the end of the first lap. Then on the second lap I made a tiny stupid mistake and ended up sliding in to a wall. Crippled my FBMW :violin:by losing the front wing and spent the rest of the race behind eeevans going very slowly round the corners... well not so much round the corners as straight on through the corners... Think I came 7th ish

Cats @ Zolder was the best combo I think. Thankfully I had at least tried this track in GTL before :). My line through the first few corners was really letting me down though, and generally lingered around the same place through the race.. Michael overtook me at one point and was getting ahead but a mysterious power sent him off the track into a tumbly doom. Through various incidents I was gifted third place and another podium finish in 2 days! (not that I deserved them ;)). When I crossed the finish line my car went into a wild unstoppable spin, hit the barrier and started going at -2147mph... minidump :poop:

Thanks everyone, was a pretty wicked event innit

Hi everyone! I did my first proper practise session yesterday and did alot more today and i have to say that i LOVE this track with the F3000. Well done Eric! :good:
I saw in the North American forum that they had a track guide for Donington and i thought i'd make one for this track to you who would like some help. I hope someone will find this useful and i'm sorry about not making this sooner but as i said i only first learned that track myself yesterday.

As i will run with a weight penalty of 25 kg i have practised very heavy (95L fuel) to simulate that and when i changed from 55L to 95L i immedietly got almost 1 sec slower. So i think that this lap would be some 2 seconds faster in qualify with almost no fuel and qualify setup (more camber etc)

Mid America Motorplex track guide.
View attachment Mid America_090108_2134_TestDay HOT LAP.Vcr
Laptime 1,11,322 (Race setup 95L fuel)

Turn 1,2,3 It's important to get a good flow/rythym through the first 3 corners so braking a little to early here is usually better then a little to late which will cause the car to roll and could compromise your exit and therefor entry to the next corner. Coming from the straight i brake hard and then i gradually ease off before i let go (braking and turning at the same time). Try and pick up the throttle easily so not to oversteer and keep it flatout into T2. In the replay i take a little to much curb and the car is not perfectly stable during braking into T3 so i let the car go wide before i pick up the throttle gently and i use the throttle to steer the car. If it understeers just ease off and if it steers to much give it some more power. Before the end of the corner i ease off and shift down to get a tight exit close to the inside curb and i try to get the straightest line possible for maximum acceleration. It's easy to loose traction so be careful there. I try to get a tighter line through T2 usually almost following the track line and not go wide but i was forced to this time because of the instable entry. Either way if it's done right wide and tight through there can be fast.

Turn 4 Easy flatout

Turn 5 It's hard to find a braking spot so i usually go by ”feeling” which is not allways successful. Try to enter with much speed and get as tight a line as possible so that the car drifts out a bit (goes a bit wide) while you are either off or easy on throttle.(This lap i had a little slower entry speed so the car did not drift out but this works to) And then pick it up and gradually give more throttle. Try to get to full throttle asap and as the car accelerates you will get more aerodynamic grip and the understeer will disappear and you exit the corner close to the outside. Sometimes very close :). For saftey it's better to be a little more cautious then i am in the replay. It's easy to go to wide in the exit.

Turn 6 I try to brake at or just prior to the 100m sign and gently steer the car towards the corner. Pick up the throttle very easily and again steer the car with the throttle. When you feel the car is pointing right apply more throttle and try to get as straight a line possible in the exit preferably getting as close to the outside curb as possible. Your gonna need throttle control to keep traction.

Turn 7,8,9 Probably the hardest part of the track. Remember to get a good flow/rythym and not over do it It's hard to find a brake point so again i go with ”feeling” and just touch the brakes before turn in not taking to much curb that will upset the car. Just a little push on the throttle before braking again for T8 going down to 2 gear and as tight as possible. Throttle control on the exit and keep to the left to set you up for the next turn. It's easy to loose traction just to stress that fact. Before T9 i'm up in 3 gear and i dont brake i just lift the throttle before T9 and turn in. Try to pick up throttle asap when you feel the car is pointing right and keep it as straight as possible. There is plenty of room in the exit.

Turn 10,11,12 Remember it's all about the rythym.Now you can go flatout entering T10 but you wont loose very much by lifting a little for saftey. You can take some curb entering the corner but be careful not to upset the car. Brake hard before T11 and smoothly turn in on 3 gear give it a push into the final turn. Brake a little earlier then you think because you want to enter tight as close to the inside curb as possible to get the straightest exit possible so you wont loose time on the straight ahead. This is the easiest corner to loose traction so throttle control is very much required on the exit. This sequenze of corners was not as smooth as i wanted on the replay lap. Especially T12 where i turned in just a little to to early and slow and lost a little time.

There you go i hope it was useful. The lap was not perfect but niether am i. I never knew of this track until a couple of days ago but i'm allready in love with it and when you start to get them corners right you will to :wink: Nicos setup is good and mine was pretty much the same but i ended up triying to make it more weight friendly because of the weight penalty with softer springs and dampers. I think his will suit you guys better but if you want mine you can ask for it in pm. Good luck!

EDIT:
Just thought i'd add this other replay aswell. Although this lap is a little faster (1,11,231 same fuel) i still think the first replay is better from a track guide point of view. The reason I added this one is because here you can see an alternative line through T5 which seems to be pretty much equally fast. Also in this one you see a much better flow through T11 and 12 without the little mistake on the previous replay which I mentioned above. Th reason this replay can't replace the previous is because i made som other mistakes especially in first sector. So the only part of this replay that could be of any use is the alternative T5 and a better smoother way to take 10,11 and 12. Other then that stick to the previous replay :)
View attachment Mid America_090109_1228_TestDay HOT LAP.Vcr

Don't feel much for posting here, but after checking replays I do have to apologize to João for incident in race 2 T1 where I left track out of total desperation for slowing you (3guys) down, and I send you off track. Truly sorry

Oh, thanks for all the very motivating words in chat after race1.

I know I had said a few things nothing too harsh after race #1, and I will apologize again for them. It was heated comments fueled by adreneline, and by emotions and were uncalled for. There was nothing aimed directly at anyone, but lapped drivers in general, and if you read my race report 99% of the lapped drivers did an incredible job of clearing the way. I actually recall coming up on you and you were very fair and did a good job.

So I hope you can accept my apology for my words after race #1. I know better then to allow emotions to control my words.

Keith.

The 1st race I had a pretty good qually, 4th or something. Started of and keeping up, although i lost a place i believe. Then i made a mistake at the last turn, so i was 9th out of 10. Here i thought: All or nothing, and went after the boys who were in a battle for 6th (nr. 6,7, and 8 i think it was). That went pretty good until the end... I came out on the straight to the finish and did something stupid by hitting the pitwall. Wich resulted in a spin. Got passed, then finished.

2nd Race in the Furmula BMW was nice. Had a fairly good qually, but in the race i just lost it. Couldn't keep the car on the track and resigned.

3rd race was amazing. Had some practice runs this afternoon to learn the track and that paid off in the race. Quallified 3th or 4th (can't remember that exactly). In the race i had some great battles with Neil Tennant and Piotr Misiorek, wich were great fun. I became 1st after a few laps, and then i started to think: Uhmm... was it really true that i'm 1st? Better not screw up then...
So what i did... was screw up, but luckily i got back on track behind Neil (i think) and there was Stuart Tompson in my back.
Stuart, srry that I kinda cut you off, but i was keeping my line. Had to check the replay on that.
After some time Neil made a mistake wich made me 2nd again. I got back up to about 6 sec. on Piotr and then suddenly i was 1st. Didn't know what happend, but i got my first win in RD. :-D

Thnx to all the great drivers, and ofcourse RD and Andrew.

• Matt Crouch

That went pretty good until the end... I came out on the straight to the finish and did something stupid by hitting the pitwall. Wich resulted in a spin. Got passed, then finished.

Just watched the replay and we both did exactly the same thing :laugh2: except mine I didn't manage to turn in time :(. It does look truly hilarious though.

Hi everyone! I did my first proper practise session yesterday and did alot more today and i have to say that i LOVE this track with the F3000. Well done Eric! :good:
I saw in the North American forum that they had a track guide for Donington and i thought i'd make one for this track to you who would like some help. I hope someone will find this useful and i'm sorry about not making this sooner but as i said i only first learned that track myself yesterday.

As i will run with a weight penalty of 25 kg i have practised very heavy (95L fuel) to simulate that and when i changed from 55L to 95L i immedietly got almost 1 sec slower. So i think that this lap would be some 2 seconds faster in qualify with almost no fuel and qualify setup (more camber etc)

Mid America Motorplex track guide.
Laptime 1,11,322 (Race setup 95L fuel)

Turn 1,2,3 It's important to get a good flow/rythym through the first 3 corners so braking a little to early here is usually better then a little to late which will cause the car to roll and could compromise your exit and therefor entry to the next corner. Coming from the straight i brake hard and then i gradually ease off before i let go (braking and turning at the same time). Try and pick up the throttle easily so not to oversteer and keep it flatout into T2. In the replay i take a little to much curb and the car is not perfectly stable during braking into T3 so i let the car go wide before i pick up the throttle gently and i use the throttle to steer the car. If it understeers just ease off and if it steers to much give it some more power. Before the end of the corner i ease off and shift down to get a tight exit close to the inside curb and i try to get the straightest line possible for maximum acceleration. It's easy to loose traction so be careful there. I try to get a tighter line through T2 usually almost following the track line and not go wide but i was forced to this time because of the instable entry. Either way if it's done right wide and tight through there can be fast.

Turn 4 Easy flatout

Turn 5 It's hard to find a braking spot so i usually go by ”feeling” which is not allways successful. Try to enter with much speed and get as tight a line as possible so that the car drifts out a bit while you are either off or easy on throttle.(This lap i had a little slower entry speed so the car did not drift out but this works to) And then pick it up and gradually give more throttle. Try to get to full throttle asap and as the car accelerates you will get more aerodynamic grip and the understeer will disappear and you exit the corner close to the outside.

Turn 6 I try to brake at or just prior to the 100m sign and gently steer the car towards the corner. Pick up the throttle very easily and again steer the car with the throttle. When you feel the car is pointing right apply more throttle and try to get as straight a line possible in the exit preferably getting as close to the outside curb as possible. Your gonna need throttle control to keep traction.

Turn 7,8,9 Probably the hardest part of the track. Remember to get a good flow/rythym and not over do it It's hard to find a brake point so again i go with ”feeling” and just touch the brakes before turn in not taking to much curb that will upset the car. Just a little push on the throttle before braking again for T8 going down to 2 gear and as tight as possible. Throttle control on the exit and keep to the left to set you up for the next turn. It's easy to loose traction just to stress that fact. Before T9 i'm up in 3 gear and i dont brake i just lift the throttle before T9 and turn in. Try to pick up throttle asap when you feel the car is pointing right and keep it as straight as possible. There is plenty of room in the exit.

Turn 10,11,12 Remember it's all about the rythym.Now you can go flatout entering T10 but you wont loose very much by lifting a little for saftey. You can take some curb entering the corner but be careful not to upset the car. Brake hard before T11 and smoothly turn in on 3 gear give it a push into the final turn. Brake a little earlier then you think because you want to enter tight as close to the inside curb as possible to get the straightest exit possible so you wont loose time on the straight ahead. This is the easiest corner to loose traction so throttle control is very much required.

There you go i hope it was useful. The lap was not perfect but niether am i. Nicos setup is good and mine was pretty much the same but i ended up triying to make it more weight friendly because of the weight penalty with softer springs and dampers. I think his will suit you guys better but if you want mine you can ask for it in pm. Good luck!

Niklas this is FANTASTIC!! I can wait to get home to try it out. Would you mind if I re-post that in the US forum?

Myself personally I had 2 contacts with lapped cars that resulted in them both going off the track. Both of these contacts were in my mind no fault of my own but a result of erratic moves while being lapped. After the first one I carried on. After the second one I decided to end my race. How does this fall under the contact rule? Do I need to stop in this situation?

Keith,
I'll look at the replays and give you a PM with my views on them.
But in general, if you hit a back marker / lapped car and it is not your fault, then you don't need to wait, but if the hit was caused by the lapping car, then the normal wait rule applies.

R1: after not very good first corners I was trying to catch Micheal at second place, after few laps we were close and I made too optimistic manoeuvre, we touched and I lost some ground and place in favour of Stuart, for half of the race I was chasing him and after his accident with someone I was back on third place but it was too late to catch Michael again

R2: I don't like Oschersleben and I was not so fast there but somehow I managed to be third again :)

R3: CSR200@Zolder was absolutely great combo :clap:
From the beginning we have 4way or maybe even 5way great battle, Neil and Jeroen were in front of me, and Stuart behind, it was very fun battle and after mistakes from my rivals I was in front and heading for my first victory here and then game stopped counting my time on the very last lap and I couldn't see anybody, I took the checked flag but game said that I was lap behind :disapointed:
Despite of this unfortunate bug it was great race and I'm looking forward to the next ones (especially CSR200@Zolder:clap:)

I'll be using this skin that Timothy made me!
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=493

race_steam%202009-01-08%2019-51-53-85_6uR.jpg

All apologies accepted. Noted all comments from other drivers on lapping, and will conclude that this track is perhaps 'easy' to drive, but certainly not easy to overtake.
I also had a very frustrating moment when I hit John B. after he recovered in the last corner (I stopped, but I don't know if this was the right move) and the incident with T Lennartsson (which crippled my car): I was already of track when he hit me. Very sorry for the confusing moments for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back