Cars Spring rates in suspensions.ini

Hello gentlemen,

Having a bit of a hard time computing the SPRING_RATE= configuration in the suspensions.ini folder. I am currently trying to simulate coilovers (900lb front, 750lb rear) and after inputting the LB/IN to N/M, I've come out with 117,500 front and 97,500 rear (roughly). But, when driving the car, the suspension feels far too stiff. I adjusted the dampers and such to accommodate the new spring rates, too. also noticed (after a long time) that the tip on the right reads 'wheel rate stiffness in nm'. What does this mean? I know about the wheel rate stiffness settings in the setup menu, but if this truly is wheel rate stiffness, then how can I truly calculate the genuine spring rate at the coil?

Motion ratio squared times spring rate is wheel rate. Numerous calculators online for MR or it can potentially be googled depending on the car.
What I'm namely asking is if the spring_rate option in suspensions.ini means the wheel rate or the spring rate at the coil. I can calculate wheel rate but first I need to know if that value is supposed to be the wheel rate or the spring rate at the coil.

Everything in suspensions.ini is wheel rates - spring's wheel rate, arb's wheel rate, dampers etc. There's no MR provided so it couldn't be anything else.

Reactions: Yri

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back