Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Hi Lou, the back end is quite a bit looser now, I have been watching lots of videos of the Mono and having never driven one I can only conclude that it is quite loose if you drive it hard, its mainly on downshifts when the rear becomes unstable. This car's tyres that are supplied with it from new are road legal track tyres and not slicks so although they are decent tyres they are grooved and nowhere near as grippy as slicks.

I know a lot of people liked the ultra grippy version and I can see why but tbh it kind of felt a bit boring to me.

If people dont like it I can always increase the grip, I have done hundreds of laps on this tyre model and you do learn how to drive it on these.

Anyway all feedback is welcome, if you Lou or anyone has any thoughts on it then fire away. I do think this is the right direction though for the long term.

Check this video to see what I mean about the rear.

' I can only conclude that it is quite loose if you drive it hard, its mainly on downshifts when the rear becomes unstable. This car's tyres that are supplied with it from new are road legal track tyres and not slicks so although they are decent tyres they are grooved and nowhere near as grippy as slicks.'

Yep this is what I am experiencing. Just double checking to make sure what you were working for in this upgrade. Well done.

' I can only conclude that it is quite loose if you drive it hard, its mainly on downshifts when the rear becomes unstable. This car's tyres that are supplied with it from new are road legal track tyres and not slicks so although they are decent tyres they are grooved and nowhere near as grippy as slicks.'

Yep this is what I am experiencing. Just double checking to make sure what you were working for in this upgrade. Well done.
Do you like it Lou, think its the right way to go?

Do you like it Lou, think its the right way to go?
It takes some adjusting to and I definitely need more time with but right now it feels a bit too loose ie sometimes the back end breaks away just touching the edge of the track.

On another note to show how slow and inexperienced I am - the AI cars are running 10+ seconds quicker than me at 95% level. Almost seems like they are still running with your initial horsepower settings! LOL!

Appreciate the feedback Lou. I know it was a bit of a risk changing it. But I do feel it is more realistic. TBH the AI are pretty fast, I can manage to keep up with it at 96% after that I cant be consistent. Although the more laps I have done I have learnt to drive the car fairly consistently and fast.

Will keep on trying until I find the sweet spot. It's hard to where you are with it until you get some feed back from other people.

So other users of the mod please let me know what you think.

Excellent mod! Ffb feels great, Ai is pretty fast but challenging in a good way. I've only done one race thus far using base content tracks. I did notice on the formation lap @ lorinda the Ai piled up at the top of turn 2 after the kink. I'll try some more tracks to see if happens else where.
I am running the club race tomorrow with the radicals does anyone know if the server has been updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back