Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Hi Christo... I am in front of my PC right now and won't mind assisting you.
Go to Game Stock Car Extreme 2013\SpotterAddon and run the SpotterConfig.exe for me
It should give you a warning screen to say that there's some PLR settings that needs reconfiguration. But just close that and go to where it says rFactor Profile. It should show your PLR file name there... if it says Marius Schoeman, then you need to get it to see yours.
Let me know when you've checked.

Sorry I was away from PC for a while. OK, I did do a fresh unzip and when it starts it showed a PLR file that was wrong. I clicked on the button on right and now it does point to my correct PLR file. It then launched the SpotterConfig file. DO I leave it open and running in background? Do I start the game with my normal shortcut? I did an offline race but did not hear anybody speak!! I must be dumn:redface:

no not necessary... but hang on, i am uploading a new updated spotter addon. Just tested it on another pc with a brand new GSC... So if you wait a few minutes it will be ready for download. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Of course friends. Hex, you contribute so much to this and many other communities. I may disagree with you at times, but that in NO way means I don't have great respect and appreciation for you and your work. When one has been around sim racing for years, there are certain names that one sees here and there and recognizes as one of "The Guys". And you certainly do have major name recognition. And, actually the black backgrounds of the HV LEDs, are easier for me to see (high contrast). There are pluses and minuses with both mods. So, it kind of evens out. Thank you for the "offered hand".

On a separate note - does anyone have the tire wear textures popping in and out with the Pixsim tracks?
Yes, I do. Unfortunately, I don't know how to prevent this. This occurs with some other converted tracks as well. If someone knows a way, it would be nice to learn how to correct this.
I have changed these tracks slightly since releasing them on this pack, but only changed grip and bump levels to get more in pace with GSCE.
Also, kept them private (didn't update the mod) as the new level of grip/bumpiness is more suited to my tastes alone, I guess (slightly more grip, slightly less bumps).

Quite interesting to use, and worked for me right away. I'll play around with more of the settings and offer more comments. One thing comes to mind: I might like to hear less frequent comparison times.. maybe every other lap; each and every sector gets noisy quickly. Remind me if there is a way to adjust things in this way..?
Thanks for this, though!

Hi Paul, yes there is. Go to the SpotterConfig.exe then select the "Alert" tab. Here you can adjust when to get notified for sector / lap times, opponent info like distance ahead or behind, tyre wear, fuel usage, brake temps, engine temps etc. You can even select priorities for certain event notifications.
Most important is that you can set hot-keys to change stuff like spotter volume... etc. It even has an option to switch to a NASCAR type of spotter that will tell you to stay low, high, or that an opponent is passing on the outside, or inside etc.

On a separate note - does anyone have the tire wear textures popping in and out with the Pixsim tracks?

Don't know how to correct it but it is pretty distracting as they are visible until the car gets near them where they then disappear. Fun tracks - would like to be able to drive them properly.

what do u mean by tire wear textures?

[QUOTE="I am really enjoying driving the car with clutch and shift, especially heal & toeing.

What exactly is "heal & toeing"? I have the same issues with my TH8RS. thx[/QUOTE]
Its just trying to match the engine speed on the downshift so the rear does not lock. Some examples below.

Note: you must wear brown slip on shoes when doing it;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 273 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 183 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 135 7.5%