Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Imo, the camera is tilting excessively inside the cockpit now, pushing back and forth violently. Probably because of the changed camera position. I think this needs some additional adjustments. The effect is overdone right now i think.

edit: After another couple of laps the tilting feels especially excessive under heavy braking. I also find it a bit excessive when easing off throttle and accelerating/upshifting.
I thik you can reduce head moves in the game if I remember well.

Great car to drive :thumbsup:! Two things though. I'm manually clutching and shifting (TH8RS) - the clutch seems to 'stick' down (stall) when shifting. When I'm driving fast and shift from gear 4 to 5 I already released the clutch, but the engine reacts as if the clutch is still depressed for a second or two. Or is this my ignorance :unsure:? The other thing is the mirror.

Hi everybody.

I want to make a McLaren skin for GSC2013, and after searching the web I found out to make my skin chrome (The square with the esso logo). If I watch my car in the game in the showroom the chrome looks perfect, watch the attached image. I have with 3dsim made a 3d model of the car, and I can apply my skin (dds file) to the car, but the chrome effect does not show in Photoshop, it is just grey, see the attached image. I also have Keyshot to show of my 3d model, but it is the same and the colors is way to bright, see the attached image - I don't get it. If anybody can explain me what I am doing wrong I would be happy.

ps. My skin is only a test so I am aware that it does not look like a McLaren :)
GSC 2014-10-07 21-47-11-28.jpg
Complete with textures.jpg
untitled.12.jpg

It won't show in Photoshop. You just gotta quick save the car and have the game open in the background to quickly check and changes you did.

Yes I know, but what if I want to take a nice screenshot with another software than the ingame showroom i GSC? When the skin is done I would like to show it to the public with a scrrenshot from Keyshot5

Great car to drive :thumbsup:! Two things though. I'm manually clutching and shifting (TH8RS) - the clutch seems to 'stick' down (stall) when shifting. When I'm driving fast and shift from gear 4 to 5 I already released the clutch, but the engine reacts as if the clutch is still depressed for a second or two. Or is this my ignorance :unsure:? The other thing is the mirror.
I am running a TH8RS and there is indeed a delay. looking at the clutch engage times in the HDV file it does look in comparison to other mods to be quite slow, but to me this feels far more realistic. I am really enjoying driving the car with clutch and shift, especially heal & toeing.

If you try shifting a manual road car in real life very quickly chances are you will mess up the shift, so I think it works really well.

Couple of most important things must be straighten up for the final time, since some people already disliking my posts - like what I was saying was wrong, awful or misleading in any way. I am only presenting simple facts...

Cockpits ARE better (more detailed)
Sure, there are more things in the cockpit like buttons made with with really crappy resolution (like this one taken from your screenshot):
beztytuujsqr4.jpg

...and LEDs with black square backgrounds all over the place:

GPTeam:
gpteamdyukr.jpg

HV:
hvmfu2v.jpg

Helmets are also prettier in GPTeam's mod:
GPTeam:
gpteam1tfubp.jpg

HV:
hv1yyur5.jpg

Also, there are wing upgrades available for cars like Arrows or Ferrari in GPTeam's mod.

Let's be friends here - after all that was your personal opinion, yes, so I apologize if I went a bit harsh, mate :)

Hello guys! Need a little advice please :)
I use XD 2.1.12 It's an addon for GTL/GTR2/rFactor/GSC/Race07/GTR-Evo which lets you display some useful informations whilst driving.
It contains simply d3d9.dll witch i try to rename in d3d9_xd.dll to get it work together with sweetfx and write in SweetFX_settings like this "#define external_d3d9_wrapper = d3d9_xd.dll"
But unfortunately XD don't work:(. looks like I'm doing something wrong.

Edit : somethig happens and it works now :D

Last edited:
Hope it's something small. It really changes up the game a bit imo. Just mind the volume... f1Dave likes to shout the first time, lololol.
I am still trying to get a way to add ambient sounds to tracks. Hope I get it working soon. Cheers

I know it's installed as when I hit scroll lock, you can tell the fps changes but to be honest, I can't really tell any difference.What should I be seeing? cheers
Colours look sharper and brighter. Look at the curbings and signage around the track. Also the lighting/shadows look more natural and less sharply defined when transitioning between them. Assume it's because of the mild HDR being applied.

Nope cannot get it to work. I do have Dotnet Framework installed. The only place in the Spotter configuration file that I can see where one must add a link or something is under the Shortcuts tab. Here is a Launch button next to rFactor shortcut. When I click on there it launches a copy of rFactor I got installed. I tried to add a custom shortcut, pointing it to my GSC.exe file. When I click Launch all on bottom, it tries to launch GSC but I get a black screen with "error opening core shaders Mas". So it is a question of what to put in as a shortcut I suppose?
Really disappointed as I also thought this add on would be nice to have.

Just bumping this thread for two reasons because if you have not tried this mod you really need to!

1) This car really does rock and is so fun to drive. You can really feel it sliding around cars as you drive it on the edge. Thanks again Fernando. What a gem! And the sounds! Glorious. :thumbsup:

2) The improved sound settings for the PLR file. Improves the audio experience of the game all around. Double Thanks for pointing this out Fernando!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

On a separate note - does anyone have the tire wear textures popping in and out with the Pixsim tracks?

Don't know how to correct it but it is pretty distracting as they are visible until the car gets near them where they then disappear. Fun tracks - would like to be able to drive them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%