Resource icon

Apps Spotter 1.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Stereo submitted a new resource:

Spotter - App adds a spotter warning you about nearby cars

View attachment 56091

Features:
App detects cars to your left & right, cars stopped, cars going slowly.
If they're near enough, it displays text and plays an audio notification in the style of a spotter.

Installation:
Unzip into your steamapps/common/assettocorsa/ folder, select icon.

Configuration:
audio clips are in apps/python/Spotter/audio/ and can just be replaced.
text is in apps/python/Spotter/text/, by default it uses english1.txt
Also see the top of Spotter.py for...

Read more about this resource...

sounds great with blinkys alternate voice audios but got tired of the "theres a slow car ahead" says it way too much even when not catching him.
but ill keep it i do like it thanks:) i made this small vid with it in action

Last edited:
Has this app become unstable with later releases of AC?

I installed it - tested it and it worked great. the problem is when I use the lotus 98t on imola &,monza.
AC loads the track and the cars then it just closes back to gui.
have not tested it with all cars/tracks But it seems to work with the rest, just as an random test.

This happens if the app is installed but not used in the specific session, if I remove (Delete)
the app the problem is gone?

How to activate it in game. Have tried like the description says, but not working ? Nothing in game apps ? What I'm doing wrong ?
EDIT!!:
Found the apps in options...silly me :whistling:

They need to be the basic WAV format (8 bit 44kHz stereo, like CD audio) for the sound library I used to play them, I think that's about it as long as the filenames match audio.ini. A few people on the Assetto Corsa support forum have successfully replaced the voice, for sure - there are packs in a few different languages.

They need to be the basic WAV format (8 bit 44kHz stereo, like CD audio) for the sound library I used to play them, I think that's about it as long as the filenames match audio.ini. A few people on the Assetto Corsa support forum have successfully replaced the voice, for sure - there are packs in a few different languages.

Thanks for that speedy response. Is there a preference by the game for either Mono or Stereo files in order for this to work too? Thanks in advance!

Stereo updated Spotter with a new update entry:

Volume + HMD fixes

Update notes:
- switched from winsound to pyfmodex audio library
-- support for more audio encodings (PCM, mp3, Vorbis, etc.)
-- added volume control in app
- switched audio to play even when app is hidden (to allow it to work on Oculus Rift)

This update was prompted by rafffel on the AC forums - he wrote an audio notifications app for use with the Oculus Rift, and pointed out the ways the Spotter app is inadequate for that, so I've improved it. No real functionality changes, just better...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing