Spotter Problem

In rfactor it work 100 % with all things but in GSC not and in the race session limited little information
i use spotter 2.17 i shall install a old GSC folder an test whats up did it workd earlier or have it never work 100 % with 2.17 in GSC ? like it does with rfactor

I am certain it worked more fully in an earlier version. Spotter used to tell me: yellow flags, driver entering pits, position when I crossed the line, and more. This was maybe two years ago, in an earlier version of GSC.

For sure would be nice to have GID and Spotter plugin supported by Reiza (I'd like a new english voice pack tho), I use it mostly for the NASCAR mode, very helpull in the start of a online race

Reiza has gone so silent these days, wish they could tell if this is possible or not

I have test spotter 2.17 with GSC V 1.10 and V1.21 same thing not wanna work 100 % strange that it work with rf 1 if it is a java update or fault of some new files it should not work full with rf1 but it does so prb something with a update i hope it not is windows update that are f up thing again im on win 7

I have test spotter 2.17 with GSC V 1.10 and V1.21 same thing not wanna work 100 % strange that it work with rf 1 if it is a java update or fault of some new files it should not work full with rf1 but it does so prb something with a update i hope it not is windows update that are f up thing again im on win 7

Update: I have not completely solved it but I have managed to get some of the sounds working! : I originally had damage reports, 'lost engine' and not much else. Now I have 'Driver has retired', 'yellow flags', alert at start of race, 'Your tires are wearing'. Can't get 'driver is pitting' to appear but maybe someone else can give it a go.

If you want to try, I did it by manually editing the spotter config file.

First use spotter config program to set everything how you want it, and save. Now, do not use the spotter config program again, or you will overwrite the changes you are about to make!

Now open the config file with notepad, and make changes manually.
(using start race warning as example), look down list for startrace warning. It says startracewarning=22, so scroll down to the correct section, i.e. [StartRaceWarning 22]

3)change sessionlock and session both to 7 so it should look like this:

[StartRaceWarning 22]
Enabled=-1
delay=500
probability=0
priority=1
sessionLock=7
session=7
description=Alert on race start

Now the spotter should say 'watch out' or get ready' at the start of the race.

It is hit and miss, but once I got some of them working and saved a copy, they now work every time.

EDIT: correction, some of them have gone again! More work to do on this if it is to work stably :(

Change any other that you want by trial and error, setting the sessionlock and session to 7, and the priority to 0 or 1 or 2. It does not work for all of them, (or I haven't found the right combinations) and I cannot decipher the exact solution, but maybe someone else can spot what is going on.

If anyone is still reading this, here is what I have worked out so far:

priority is 0 (highest) to 4 (lowest), but 0 does not always seem to work as well as 1.

sessionlock controls which sessions can be selected:
1=prac, 2=qual, 4=race, 3=prac+qual, 6=qual+race, 7=all three. BUT something is wrong when used with GSC, so changing this (and session) to 7 seems to help activate some of them.

Finally, I don't know if 'driver retired' message will work unless you have dynamic driver names switched on.
I have recorded some 1991 names, ticked the dynamic names box, and set the above session lines to 7, and now I get 'Satoru Nakajima has retired, he's out' etc. I changed the following lines to read like this in spotter config:

[out 1]
Enabled=-1
delay=0
probability=0
priority=2
session=7
sessionLock=7
description=Driver is out of the race

Hope some of that might help, or maybe someone with a keener eye can see a complete solution in there :)

Last edited:
Update: It's working pretty well now, including race session.
I went through the file and carefully changed the priorities so that they did not conflict, using the above info.
Then I ran my San Marino race, and I had a lot of messages - Watch out (at start of race), Modena is out of the race, yellow flags in sector two, you have aerodynamic damages, You're tyres are badly worn be careful.

I can not get the 'driver pitting' message to work, but I am happy with what is working, it added atmosphere to the race :)

Are you edit the spotter config file or profiles.ini ?
This take time to figure out i edit to 7 all but as u write it makes conflicts
I not now what i done but when i look at spotter i have unlocked all P Q R in custom event..
setting all on highest and o delay maybe conflict so instead off hear them all i hear less ..
Can u share the edited file so i/we can compare files to better understand how to fix this problem ?

Warning - make sure you edit the game paths in this file for your own computer before starting GSC, or it can cause your game to freeze.

1) Copy this file into your SpotterAddon folder (not the profiles folder).
2) edit the paths in the file to match your own game location - these three lines:
PILFIUS=e:\steam\SteamApps\common\Stock Car Extreme Beta\SpotterAddon\VR Component
COMMAND_PATH=E:\Steam\SteamApps\common etc
BACKGROUND_PATH=E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stock Car etc

!!! !!! Once you have done this, DO NOT open the spotter config program again or it will overwrite this file and 'correct' all the changes. You must edit it manually if you want to change anything.

I hope it works for you too :)

https://www.mediafire.com/?8i4jw491ticf2it

Forgot to add, actually I did also copy it into the spotter profiles folder, and renamed it to Default (backedup the default file first), in case the program is sing this file, but I do not think it needed to be done. However, I am not 100% sure of this, so you might want to do this if you can't get it working. :)

Update: It's working pretty well now, including race session.
I went through the file and carefully changed the priorities so that they did not conflict, using the above info.
Then I ran my San Marino race, and I had a lot of messages - Watch out (at start of race), Modena is out of the race, yellow flags in sector two, you have aerodynamic damages, You're tyres are badly worn be careful.

I can not get the 'driver pitting' message to work, but I am happy with what is working, it added atmosphere to the race :)
Nice job!

Warning - make sure you edit the game paths in this file for your own computer before starting GSC, or it can cause your game to freeze.

2) edit the paths in the file to match your own game location - these three lines:
PILFIUS=e:\steam\SteamApps\common\Stock Car Extreme Beta\SpotterAddon\VR Component

!!! !!! Once you have done this, DO NOT open the spotter config program again or it will overwrite this file and 'correct' all the changes. You must edit it manually if you want to change anything.

Strange why yours wasn't like that before? Here it is already like this and opening the config program does not overwrite it. Good find for those with problems tho :thumbsup:

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm not talking about the game paths being wrong, I know the config program will write those correctly. I was talking specifically about my manually edited file that I uploaded in the link - in that file, I have made changes that would be automatically 'corrected' by the config program - The file must be edited manually to preserve those changes.

SCE crashes for me when entering the track if I enable "Dynamic Driver Names Enabled". I backed out everything to a clean Spotter install to isolate the problem. What is this used for as I have noticed the Spotter calling out a name in qualifying without this enabled.

SCE crashes for me when entering the track if I enable "Dynamic Driver Names Enabled". I backed out everything to a clean Spotter install to isolate the problem. What is this used for as I have noticed the Spotter calling out a name in qualifying without this enabled.
I always assumed it was to switch on the names that are in the driver' folder and without it switched on, the spotter says 'driver in third place has retired' instead of the actual name. But I could well be wrong about that, maybe it works without the box ticked. lol, it seems to have a mind of it's own when used in GSC.

But it shouldn't crash when you go to track. You could try renaming VR.exe to VR.exeX if not already done, I do this as I don't use the speech recognition. That might be one reason for the crash.

Makes so spotter say the names of people in server must be done by adding sound files in spotters driver folder that is correct named as the driver name in the server have other wise spotter not say the name

What i use spotter to was when i did live broadcast with a leauge instead of have commenators i let spotter talk in rf1

what happends with spotter vs GSC i not now but much things that spotter tells in rfactor never happends in GSC

The admin stuff with using spotter 2.17 still works and the grammars file can be edited so instaed of write command you can say the commands in online servers and drivers join a server in the warmup before races the xml files have regognized all drivers and add it in the xml files
so admin can say the drivers name in the mic and then trow a command and it open chat (T) and write name and penalty in the chat and (return) But VR exe also hear what you say wrong too often so wrong drivers or wrong penalty is done

Better use commands in chat by writing them instead of talk to spotter ;)

still strange that spotter 2.17 not work 100 % in GSC as it does with rfactor 1

I always assumed it was to switch on the names that are in the driver' folder and without it switched on, the spotter says 'driver in third place has retired' instead of the actual name. But I could well be wrong about that, maybe it works without the box ticked. lol, it seems to have a mind of it's own when used in GSC.

But it shouldn't crash when you go to track. You could try renaming VR.exe to VR.exeX if not already done, I do this as I don't use the speech recognition. That might be one reason for the crash.
Scratching my head now... I was going to rename VR.exe per your suggestion but first I used the config application to turn on Dynamic Driver Names again then I started SCE and went on track to verify the crash issue. Well, now it doesn't crash, I even reverted to the .ini I had saved yesterday after the crash. Nothing else changed other than restarting my computer since yesterday. Strange :thumbsdown:

I was getting the same thing when testing the spotter voice in race sessions. One minute I had it working and the next it did something different.
But finally, it seems to work consistently, and I had another race last night with retirements, yellows, tyre wear & other announcements.
Just can't work out why 'driver is pitting' comment will not work, but otherwise it's good.

I was getting the same thing when testing the spotter voice in race sessions. One minute I had it working and the next it did something different.
But finally, it seems to work consistently, and I had another race last night with retirements, yellows, tyre wear & other announcements.
Just can't work out why 'driver is pitting' comment will not work, but otherwise it's good.
That sound encouraging, will have to give it another go. Thanks

Hello,

Can you please share with us your SpotterConfig.ini file, because i can't get any sound working in race session.

Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back