Cars Sportscars of the 90s!

Alright everyone.. i have run into some serious issues that might lead to cancelment of this model..

It is so that i have been working on a 3dsmax commercial trail version.. But that trial has expired and im forced to downgrade to student version... The issue there is that student version forbids commercial work.. Reealssing free mods with that might cause commercial issues..
Im not a expert with commercial rights or 3dsmax rights..
So apperently i will have to work with blender..
The question is.. should i scrap this model and do something else or would it be resonable to port it over to blender?

Btw hows the thing with dummys.. If i would like to do the car in blender... How do i make the dummys work or is it only possiblein 3dsmax

No one is going to sue you for releasing free selfmade stuff in 3DSMax, no matter what version you use (I do think most modders using 3DS use a pirated version anyway...), don't think you could even see what you made the files with once you exported to fbx.

About Blender and dummies, they are called Empties there, but work pretty much the same, in some ways even better (apparently scaling Dummys in 3DS is adviced against when doing things for AC, I never had a problem with it in Blender)

If you do want to transfer over I think Autodesk has a free tool for format conversion, dae or fbx are probably the best options for importing to Blender but you'll definitely lose certain things (for example shader groups are handled in an entirely different form in Blender, as edge properties instead of faces)

I think legally it means you cant sell it and you cant directly take donations for it but you could get general donations. All in all you really dont have a problem imo

Me as a person i would never be intressted in any donations or money.. I do my models of passion and hope someone wanted to join me so i can make better results
Me and porschepig were working togheter.. i will hear from him how things are..
Otherwise i dont mind doing something diffrent in blender.. i was told by my school the 3dsmax was out.
If i want to keep doing 3d i will do it with blender in school..
I like to have the community supporting me..
So why not get used to it early? I might aswell do something i blender that more would like to have.. Im eyeing up some gt1 machines.. we already have a promosing group c project..

Im so undecided.. I want to my work completly legal..
Maybe i can have the bmw finnished in blender.

Btw thank you everyone for sharing your oppinion!

Im so undecided.. I want to my work completly legal..

Well, in that case you shouldn't create real cars, since that's technically copyright infringement :p

But in all honesty, there is absolutely zero legal issue with you creating free mods with a student version of 3DS. This is actually what student licenses are meant for - using and continuing to learn the program. That includes creating content for games and learning the development pipeline for gaming, since that's one of the major uses of the software.

As long as you're not going to use it for freelance 3D work, the student version is 100% appropriate. This is what it's for!

I appricate all of the help.. Just curios if anyone could help me get these things done..
I created dummies and all bút my model appears of centerd..

AND...

my model dosent work out that well in ks editor.. Not sure what has caused this to happend.. If i attempt to export it as kn5.. A severe eror apears and caused the program to crash..
Is this model related and why might have caused this..

upload_2017-7-6_21-45-37.png

Please, just please please don't cancel this project. I've been dying for some open cockpit prototype action and the lmpc car is the only one we got. And that's a 2000s car. No 90s whatsoever. I was going to ask a paypal link but you say you want your work to be free so all i can do is beg you. Please keep doing it. No one else has the balls/the will to do a 90s lmp car.

I appricate all of the help.. Just curios if anyone could help me get these things done..
I created dummies and all bút my model appears of centerd..

AND...

my model dosent work out that well in ks editor.. Not sure what has caused this to happend.. If i attempt to export it as kn5.. A severe eror apears and caused the program to crash..
Is this model related and why might have caused this..

View attachment 200267
hmm, first idea from the picture is that you got the scale wrong. You won't be able to export the model if meshes are missing a material, and if those materials have no texture attached.

You could PM me the fbx, I can take a look

44.jpg 55.jpg 66.jpg

Last edited:
soo.. not much progress lately.. THe whole ingame procedure has been a pain..
Thats mostly cus considering im prefering the modelling work before the ingamework..

Ive had a blast doing the bmw and i look forward to do some more.. I got myself some early starting sheets of the porsche lmp1998.. Tought some experimanting could be abit fun while i take a break from the bmw..
Otherwise im looking forward to do a riley mk3 aswell.. I personally hope that kunos in the future might consider adding the ferrari f333sp.. But the democratical voting ended in favor of the f1 2017... oh well..

SO is there any takers who could be intressted to help me with some ingame stuff? I would really like to bring some good old 90s endurance cars..
First i plan doing some 90s wsc/lmp1 protos.. If the future and motivation allows.. Myabe a gt1 mod aswell?
Well i do have ambitous and dreams haha.. Its gonna take a while but its gonna be fun i guess.
upload_2017-8-3_15-14-47.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-3_15-14-24.png
    upload_2017-8-3_15-14-24.png
    341.3 KB · Views: 286
upload_2017-8-13_16-38-52.png

Some minor progress.. Not much done.. Busy by work and enjoying summer.. Altough its getting there..
Unfrotanly my whole ingame procudure work is painfull.. I defintly feel im not intended for ingame reworking..
Im more intressted in the modelling work..

Kinda feel lose motivation once i start adding the car ingame.. Hard to get it work porperly for my lack of experience and then i have to place the driver and add gauges etc.

But im keeping up i guess.. Got some progresss on the bmw aswell.. Im making some small improvemtns and final touches. Im getitng alot of help of @porchepinkpig THe car will be anytime soon ingame and some more previews of if it will appear..

Physic and sound is all done.. Now im looking forward to add ingame and see how much more work i can do on the porsche aswell!

ANyone who would like to tell me whats wrong?
i applied scale , location and rotation in blender.. But every time i open it with my kseditor this is how it looks
upload_2017-8-17_13-43-21.png

its simply to big for the editor to handle
How can i get it in the right size?
upload_2017-8-17_13-44-2.png

It pains me greatly seeing the process coming to a steep hill like this. Have you tried to talk to a team to handle this mod? I mean, your 3d knowledge can only take you so far. You'll eventually need a physics and a sound guy.

I do have a physic and a sound guy.. Porschepinkpig.. Hes been very great and helped me get the car base done.. Altough he hasent posted me here.. I have managed to have contact with him in pm and email
The things is modding with assetto corsa was alot harder then i expected.

Looks good, perhaps you actually have modeled everything in wrong size, maybe you have been playing with units presents at some time and forgot ?

Also whats the FOV in the editor ?

I do belive it has been modleing in the wrong prefrances.. When it comes to the fov of the kseditor.. I kinda have preatty poor understanding of program. AS it looks now i have it as far away as possible and it looks the same.. I even attempted to export it to 3dsimed.. There i could compare my model with some of the stock kunos models.. My model is 10x bigger.. Might be even more then that..

AccAkut helped me some time and he kinda got it right.. It seems that im screwing it up somewhere
upload_2017-8-17_15-0-32.png

Yeah could be an FOV issue... honestly it doesn't look too bad scale wise, i think thats what most of my models look like in the editor when first imported.

Pretty sure you can see the scale of the object in meters in the editor, what does it say (under the objects tab I think)?

IIRIC exporting models from Blender and then importing to 3Dmax can cause some scale problems alone, even if it is correct scale in Blender it could end up wrong scale in 3D max. I don't remember how it was exactly, but IIRIC I had some scale problems when importing my car from blender to 3Ds max. But hard to remember right now.

For me it looks like bad fov in editor because of dark circle of the bottom
, also car looks longer than it looks wider. Just play with mouse wheel lol Also try pressing ctrl it speeds up navigation cam movement.

this is the scale dont know if i should do anything about it?
Moving around with the mouse isint doing any greather good.. the car keeps being above the focus point..
But am into the right path? i got the carmera in the middle of the car atleast
upload_2017-8-17_17-1-31.png

upload_2017-8-17_17-5-34.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years