Cars Sportscars of the 90s!

Hello everyone.. im fairly new here..ok perhaps not that kinda new.. i have been doing some postings here and there...

Short about me.. im a amature modder 3d artist and i have plenty of gtr2 modding experience..
I have gotten to a point were i feel i need a change from gtr2... This is when i came across assetto corsa..
I have a big passion for the older lmp1s of the 90s..
Having a project dedecadet in school for a real propper model i decide take a option to bring it ingame.. im a amature but i have planed making it a good effort..

For the moment i have som private projects in gtr2 wich i support others with their projects.. It kinda has a priority.. but im only supporting the by supplying some older group c models of cars like tiga gc85 and argo jm16 argo jm19...

Once im done with that project i might consider adding more models of the 90s era..

Currently i have the bmw v12 lm98 wich i have intended to go for the school project.. But it will be my first assetto corsa ingame model..

I only have to model the rear wing and a diffuser configuration..
front-png.192892

render-rear-png.192893
wire-png.192896

My quality is poor but im going to improve..
Personaly i dotn want to make any profit from this cuse i really love 3d moddeling.

regardign the current model i have choosen to do the 1998 configuration. Mainly becuse it find it lookin alot better then the aero changes used in 1999 and 2000.
Then the 1998 model was also used by the factory squad.

My desired list of cars to model would be:
Lola b98/10
RIley mkIII
Kudzu DLM
TWR WSC95/PORSCHE LMP1 98

Perhaps some gt cars aswell.
Porsche 911 gt1 1996 or Panoz GTR-1

But for the moment this is my current model..
I dont want to start more other personal projects/models before i kinda completed my gtr2 contribution..

what will be the most tough thing with this car is to find any great reuslts in physic making..
Then overall accrucy will be hard due to big lack of decent of photos.

I do infact have some models avaible completed.. altough they are in gtr2 standard.. these are:
Kremer K8
Courage C36..

From a friend i have also managed to recive a high poly Audi r8r model with permission to use.

What i would like to have from the community...
I would love to hear your oppinion and recive some feedback aswell..

Any support would be admired and i also apricate going trough any requests..
But keep in mind that if recive some requests i would want to have support for it..
I prefer when i do models that theres any intressted parties that wants to bring them ingame or improve them..
The area would perhaps be surrounded regardign the group c cars..
If you would like to have more group c cars in assetto corsa.. i would be intressted.. but i would want to have support with physics and ingame making.

Its a nissan r390 gt1 longtail... Cant belive i forgot that one..
Well maybe its something to be added aswell.. :D
Altough its a desired list.. not a list of models i will do... But im very young and i have alot of time..

Oh.. my identity has been compromised.. oh well xD

Well yeah im 99dk.. but i have been considering switching for ages..
I still got a gtr2 project alive over at nogrip.. Its gonna be last.. even though others have gotten involved and taken care of the most things.. I have alexmezza doing the kremer k8.. im awaiting others progress om the c36.. skins pysics etc.

I have also preperd a secret 3rd car as a suprise..

Now this project is abit more personal. Im going to be alot more alone.. But i got the tools and motivation to get somewhere.

Last edited:
Woohoo i found a barnfind!
BMW-V12-LM-61595.jpg

So time to start doing some low poly undertray work..
Goal here is not to keep thing to much heavy or detailed... Thats mainly becuse that area is going t be so dark ingame or on the track...
This is ofcourse not anything close to final reuslts.. But the question is.. should i get more serious on the details... Considering that area is gonna be so dark?

I plan doing a more accurate version wich also includes the engine and the intercooler. But thats for shoowroom.
lowy.png

Time to to start making things ingame perhaps?
just kidding.. i got plenty of details to complete..
I plan making ingame tests before i start making the interior..
upload_2017-6-4_22-0-6.png

Low poly interior for race track..
upload_2017-6-4_22-1-3.png

upload_2017-6-4_22-1-40.png

But heres the basic previews. Got plenty to improve on accrucy. I will be trying to understand on making animation in 3dsmax.. a movalble suspention would be nice..
Then theres ambient occolusion.. never done that before..... i heard kseditor can generate that?

I have no clue on how i should do to get the physics done.. zero experience.. in my gtr2 mods i recived support for those things.. i wouldnt mind getting some support here aswell XD

I love this clay model! :inlove: I just feelt i had to share this one :D
clay.png

Time to make some propper bbs rims and tires..
A question.. when i will make this model ingame.. would i have to change the sizing of the model.. I mean incase the car is off centerd and its size is bigger then the original assetto corsa cars.. Or will it get sorted out by itself ingame once i placed the dummys?

Btw are there any intressted physic makers out there for a car like this? I would really appriciate some help within physic making..
For the sounds i will most likely use the stock mclaren f1 bmw v12..

A question.. when i will make this model ingame.. would i have to change the sizing of the model.. I mean incase the car is off centerd and its size is bigger then the original assetto corsa cars.. Or will it get sorted out by itself ingame once i placed the dummys?

It will need set to the correct scale before it gets exported - its up to you whether you leave that until you are finished all the modelling or you can do it now and continue to model to the correct scale.
As for positioning etc. that can be changed with the physics files to make sure it matches the wheels (which are set by the wheelbase/track etc).

Time to make some propper bbs rims and tires..

Btw are there any intressted physic makers out there for a car like this? I would really appriciate some help within physic making..
For the sounds i will most likely use the stock mclaren f1 bmw v12..
ninja'd by gary

You can ask @Fonsecker if you can bundle his McLaren F1 sound, he already has it released as part of his sound packs.

****.. i got a bit worried now.. Would anyone like to give me some advice regarding the poly count.. please?
Im afraid my car might be over weight..
This is the count with 2 tires included aswell..
upload_2017-6-12_12-9-44.png

upload_2017-6-12_12-10-59.png

When im going to add it ingame.. should i try to lower the number (vertices/polygons) or seperate the parts into smaller parts.. wing, undertray, maijbody, panels, chair etc..

Btw im kinda stuck with a small issue.. i kinda feel this part looks odd and bad.. What should i try to do to make it look more polished.. Considering the placement is preatty accurate with the real life version.. Should i just ingore taking care of it?
upload_2017-6-12_12-13-57.png

p.s as i planning to do lods.. I thought about using prooptimizer.. But i hear alot about polygon crusher.. Is that a better option then the prooptimizer and why would it be a better option?
Im really sorry if im asking to many questions.. But i feel there are so many expert 3d modelers that knows alot better then me in these cases..
i kinda feel clueless regarding assetto corsa model standards..i dont want an overweight model or a model that lacks quality..
Please share some advices!

All you need to know as far as official content goes (polycount, textures, lods, etc.) is on the updated car pipeline PDF in the dev folder:
Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev
No need to copy/paste that here since you already have it on your hard drive.

You have a solid model there but needs a lot of work around the edges and maybe some optimization of the mesh, it still has that "bubble gum" look from all the turbosmooth applied to it, apart from the mesh issues you're pointing on the last pic. Look at how official cars are done and try to replicate that.

There's no magic tool to do LODs you can use polygon cruncher to help on certain parts but most of it, specially the body, needs to be done by hand if you want it to look nice. Of course it's up to you how much time you want to spend on them.

Im looking at the future.. Im abit unsure wich car i would like to do next..
So for the future i would like to ask you all wich is the one you would like to have the most..
Personaly im looking at extending 90s vareity.
Courage c41 or the riley scott mk3

So drop by any ideas or request you would like to see.

I do infact have a audi r8r
upload_2017-6-24_13-32-52.png

the thing is that this is acctully a commercial model.. But the orgin of it was that the author did it for his friend who wanted to have it in gtr2. His friend was given all permission to use it for any wanted purpose..
The project never really got to any close release state and i was contacted by the authors friend incase i wanted to finnish it for them..
I contacted the author and he said the same things as his friend had.. So if i wanted i could release it free for gtr2..
The problem was language barriers. They author was german and spoke very little english. He gave me permission and told me i could what i wanted with it.. But im afraid that there could be a chance he could have missunderstod me.. My english isint the greatest and im sure the author used google translate.. So im quite sure its a green go for gtr2.. But to bring it for assetto corsa, i would have to contact the author again...
But eventough.. this model got a few minor issues and i dont mind doing a own model from the scratch.. The current one showed here is the le mans 1999 configuration.. If i would do one on my own i would most likley do the alms sebring 12h 1999.. That becuse the sebring version was alot more diffrent and would perhaps fit my bmw v12 alot more..

When it comes to lmp from the years.. i sort them after sevral eras..

We have the first one 1993-1998. These are known as kremer k8, courage c36 and wr lm94.. Cars that were rebuilded from group c tubes.

Then we have the fia specifaction.. wich cover 1995 to 2003.. These were known as roll cages.. Ferrari f333sp, courage c41, twr wsc95 and the audi r8r, riley scott mk3, lola b98, lola bk2, bmw v12 98
They all had the iconic rollcage that fia required for the sportscar championship..

The last era is the single airwentish coverbehind the drivers head..
There we find bmw v12 lmr 99, audi r8, dome lmp or the courage c60...

So if i was gonna do another car in the furture... Wich era should consider? I planed doing the courage c41..
I kinda like it as it became the first car Pescarolo sport used at the legendary le mans assault... Oh i miss that team :'(

The thing is would like to do it..
But im a 3d guy.. The thing is i kinda got abit stuck in understanding in getting my model ingame with decent physics..
I have no clue on how to do the physics.. Then making the car work completly ingame aswell would be hard task..

If i should try to add more cars i need help...
Me and Porschepinkpig has exchanged favors.. Hes helping me getting things ingame with the bmw v12 lm and im going to help him with his porsche..

I would love to see both riley and courage making it ingame..
But i would need support for sevral certain things.

Alright everyone.. i have run into some serious issues that might lead to cancelment of this model..

It is so that i have been working on a 3dsmax commercial trail version.. But that trial has expired and im forced to downgrade to student version... The issue there is that student version forbids commercial work.. Reealssing free mods with that might cause commercial issues..
Im not a expert with commercial rights or 3dsmax rights..
So apperently i will have to work with blender..
The question is.. should i scrap this model and do something else or would it be resonable to port it over to blender?

Btw hows the thing with dummys.. If i would like to do the car in blender... How do i make the dummys work or is it only possiblein 3dsmax

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back