Status
Not open for further replies.

Class:American Le Mans Series Download mod
Tracks:Le Mans Download track
Start: 18.30 GMT
Practice: 60 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 20 laps
Pitstop: 1 Mandatory and as many as you like to test the swap.
Server: RaceDepartment.com SSC
Password: Here
We can test driver swapping in this race !​

1. Patrick van Driel
  2. Sylvain Mirlaud
  3. Mario Rocha
  4. Damian Dainhumain
  5. Marc Kollinger
  6. Olaf Mechau
  7. Razvan Pat
  8. James Yates
  9. Mark A Warmington
  10. Krister Larsson
  11. Toni Talvitie
  12. Michael Herrmann
  13. Ingemar Petersson
  14. driver​
  15. driver​
  16. driver​
  17. driver​
  18. driver​
  19. driver​
  20. driver​
  21. driver​
  22. driver​
  23. driver​
  24. driver​
  25. driver​

Thx to Damian for this manual on driver swap.

1) The current driver alerts his replacement via TS Or chat line that he is in his pit window.

2) Replacement driver (D2) connects to the server then alerts the current driver (D1) he has made it in.
D2 needs to come in as a spectator. Make sure D2 switches his settings before entering the server: Start rFactor>click on "Online Settings">change Spectate to "On"

The D2 driver then check's the garage area that he has his setup named the proper way and that it is listed as "Current" and "Default". D1 driver will go into the final lap of his stint and inform the pit-crew. Now D2 will then left-click on D1's name in the list (it should go red). D2 presses the "Passenger Select key" and click "Race". D2 should see a message informing him that "you are now riding with ..." just the same as D1 should receive an appropriate message ("... is now riding with you"). This should be done within one lap of the replacement driver joining the server.....NO MORE!!

Current driver no longer needs to select driver in pit menu!

3) D1 driver pits, completes the pitstop and then when leaving the pits, he hits "Driver Hot Swap" key and the swap takes place in 3 seconds, as the car is rolling down pit lane . Make sure your replacement is ready for the switch!! Once D2 has taken control of the car, D1 will then need to hit the "Passenger Select" key. The D1 driver is then to IMMEDIATELY exit the server once this switch has been completed and he has hit the "Passenger Select" key!

Warning:Teams doing a driver swap while on the racing surface (mid-lap), will NOT be tolerated! These swaps can ONLY happen while in the pits. Your car has to come into pit lane, complete it's pitstop and then start rolling out of the pitbox before a swap can take place.

No need to be sorry if it wont work well the first time !! Its a test guys :thumb:
We can make teams in the server or in advance if we have enough drivers.

Signing up :)

• Roman Liebich

Looks like Christmas came early this year..
Count me in!

Sign me up.

Only problem I got is might not be able to go on ts at that time in the week, but I can show some of ya on server how to do some swaps, just like test swaps before race.

I've got one thing that I strongly advise.

The D2 driver then check's the garage area that he has his setup named the proper way and that it is listed as "Current" and "Default". D1 driver will go into the final lap of his stint and inform the pit-crew. Now D2 will then left-click on D1's name in the list (it should go red). D2 presses the "Passenger Select key" and click "Race". D2 should see a message informing him that "you are now riding with ..." just the same as D1 should receive an appropriate message ("... is now riding with you"). This should be done within one lap of the replacement driver joining the server.....NO MORE!!

First Assign your setup when your in your own car on track before joining server as spectator, then when you join the server as speccy press race to go on track, then find your driver your going to take over from then hit passenger select then go with all the other steps. THis is the best way I have found in doing this.

One thing with driver swaps that could cause problems is use of plugins, they can cause you to get disconnected when you do the swap, real feel plugin being one that can cause problems.

It might sound like a bit of work doing the swap from the manual but once you done a few it's really easy and simple.

Plz guys lets not panic before we have started :) It is a test !!!
This is to find out how we do it and if we can maybe make a endurance race later on.
Lets keep it simple for the first race. Mistakes are allowed for this one.
Join and we can all help eachother to make this a nice evening.

• Roman Liebich

I guess it would be cool to list the available cars to start sorting us to them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%