PC2 Spirit of Le Mans Now Available for Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 1.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 2.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 3.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 5.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 6.jpg Project CARS 2 Spirit of Le Mans DLC 4.jpg
Slightly Mad Studios have released the latest Project CARS 2 DLC pack to the game - welcome 'Spirit of Le Mans'.

Perfect timing considering the proximity to the real life Le Mans 24 Hours, the new DLC pack and update for Project CARS 2 on PC and console has arrived! As was expected follow news having leaked back in late May about the new pack, the third Project CARS 2 DLC focusses exclusively on the greatest endurance racing spectacle on the planet - the legendary 24 hours of Le Mans.

Containing an historic variant of the epic Le Mans circuit and nine important cars from the many years of the 24 Heures du Mans, the new DLC pack pays virtual homage to the history of this fabled motor racing event.

With cars from the modern era adding a welcome filling out of the Prototype category in the game sitting alongside some iconic machines of the past, the DLC also contains the 1971 variation of the circuit, similar but frighteningly faster than the current incarnation of the Circuit de la Sarthe, this is indeed a welcome "new" historic location in Project CARS 2.

'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC Pack Contents:

CARS
  • Porsche 919 Hybrid
  • Toyota TS050 Hybrid
  • Audi R18 (Fuji 2016)
  • Audi R18 (Le Mans 2016)
  • Ferrari 512 S
  • Ferrari 512 M
  • Porsche 917 LH
  • Porsche 924 Carrera GTP
  • Porsche 961
TRACKS
Le Mans Vintage Track (1971)

LIVERIES
  • GTA Racing x3
  • F4H Motorsport (x1)
  • Team Highlands Racing (x3)
  • Team ACR (x2)
  • XITE Energy (x1)
CAREER EVENTS
  • 24 Hours Le Mans Experience
  • GTO Masters
  • LMP Challenge
  • San Marino Group 4 Trophy
  • Spirit of Le Mans
Update 6 Change Notes:
  • Fixed occasional stability issues.
  • Improved usability of in-game tools.
  • Improved AI ability at various tracks.
  • Improved the penalty system.
  • Optimised tyre wear in wet conditions.
  • Optimisations to LiveTrack at various tracks.
  • Improved track-limit zones.
  • Other miscellaneous fixes.
The 'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC is available for £8.49 on Steam, or free as part of the Project CARS 2 'Season Pass'.

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your thoughts? How to you think Project CARS 2 is shaping up now? Let us know in the comments section below!

Yes, I tried the TS050 with GamerMuscle's live stream last night. I liked it. I noticed that the TS040 had lap times in the sub 1:50's at SPA; however, I was only able to do 1:57's (w/ the TS050) which is close to the RL qual times. I'm not sure if the maximum MJ/lap requirement is being managed in the game design or if the Super capacitor vs. Lithium Battery system is modeled different. So far I'm happy with the PCars 2 and the FFB with the JackSpade mod.

Superb DLC pack, really enjoying this one, especially on PC in VR. The feel of being inside the 2016 LMP Hybrid cars captures the claustrophobic cockpit feel so well. Add to that the finely detailed classic Le Mans cars that offer real seat of the pants driving and this is a thrilling pack.

The 71 Le Mans track is a good addition too, the long straights give a great impression of speed, especially in the 917 LH which also lifts over the slight rise at the end of the straight. I have noticed I've had to increase the AI skill to 110-115% to get a good even race on the vintage circuit.

As far as the 2016 LMPH cars are concerned the addition of fully manual ERS deployment makes for a much better game, being able to chose when to store and deploy the energy for greatest effect. The 2016 cars also seem reasonably well balanced so should lead to some good racing.

The game works perfectly on Xbox too and the DLC was delivered for all formats on the same day so I say well done to SMS for doing something others have claimed to be 'impossible'.

The stunning VR quality and performance even in the worst day/night and weather conditions is what amazes me most of all, the best of any sim to date by a distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ferrari 512s are AMAZING!

Physics wise they are also pretty good. The S should handle like a truck, and somewhat does (even though less than the drivers refer it did), while the M is much more agile and that is correct. Top speed is wrong for both, but I can live with that

Le Mans track is so boring, i can close my eyes when i drive.

i have season pass, but the only good DLC for me is the first "fun pack", we've got 2 tracks and awesome cars.

here it's so boring.

Le Mans track is so boring, i can close my eyes when i drive.

i have season pass, but the only good DLC for me is the first "fun pack", we've got 2 tracks and awesome cars.

here it's so boring.
Totally agree.. I can’t even bring myself to do more than a couple laps..

But the new cars are pretty damn cool...!

SMS have done a great job on Le Mans 1971. Its like a VLM Le Mans for 2018. Watching YouTube it, together with the 1970/71 prototypes, is proving surprisingly popular given classic racing is something of a minority interest.

The 924 and 961 would not have been my choices but ss a DLC package it works well IMO - enough content to please fans of both modern and classic Le Mans.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%